• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anthem (PC/XB1/PS4, EA/BioWare, Fall 2018) announced, full reveal at Microsoft conf

Some of the biggest games ever have single word, non-descriptive titles. Halo. Destiny. Civilization.

Anthem could have a lot more meaning once we experience the story. People thought "Horizon Zero Dawn" was just a bunch of words when they first heard it.
Civilisation is pretty descriptive though.

jonah777

tumblr_mvd1r7bRbh1rcxo5yo1_250.gif

Such a risk putting their team on this with ME:A getting the practice squad... hope it's worth it.

Valahart

This looked incredible, I wanted to grab my controller and fly everywhere immediately.

What excited me the most was how the UI was so minimal. Nothing frustates me more than a follow the freaking dot game.

Incredible looking game, possibly the best looking game I've ever seen (certainly one of the best) but I'd be very surprised if it actually looks like that when it's released.

We've seen this far too many times before when a game looks this amazing, it normally gets a downgrade. Loved to be proved wrong of course but just being realistic.

Pagusas

Elden Member
Incredible looking but I think its 100% bullshit, it wont look anywhere near that good when it releases

purg3

slept with Malkin
Incredible looking but I think its 100% bullshit, it wont look anywhere near that good when it releases

I felt the same watching this. Looks incredible from what they've shown, but after ME:A, yeah I'll believe when I see it at launch.

Concept is cool, and I'm a sucker for mech/exo suit stuff. High hopes for this.

Hari Seldon

This game looks like Destiny. I don't understand what I'm missing. I will probably not buy this just like I will not buy Destiny.

Vinc

That looked absolutely insane to me. Really strikingly intersting from the beginning to the very end. Open world games are killing it this gen, and I can't believe yet another one manages to stick out this much. "Destiny-clone" or not, I think this looked uniquely fantastic. Hopefully the game looks and runs that great on a PS4 Pro, too!

Zedark

That says nothing other than it having single player content with story elements. That guy who made the video loves to reach.
There is a conversationele shown where someone asks about offline play being available amongst others and Flynn says "don't worry," so there is some basis for speculation.

Looking forward to seeing more of this even though I'm not really an online player since the setting looks cool. I hope they manage to put a lot of story stuff into it.

As was noted the way the armor boosts around the world has a nice Xenoblade X feel to it, though obviously it'll have very different, more actiony, combat.

Oh my the comments are as crazy as expected

Guys talking about Nintendo and Sony

That shouldn't be a surprise, as has been sighted numerous times on GAF, Greenberg is an embarrassment.

He also unsurprisingly riles up fanboy wars when all he does is spew constant bullshit, fanboy drivel, and known lies and purposefully misleading statements, despite supposedly being a "professional" that works directly for one of these companies and yet still acts like this.

SomTervo

Finally watched the full gameplay reveal.

Honestly, this looks like the most Halo thing since early Halo. Looks like a proper Spartan simulator, with a Destiny-like universe (but way more compelling and an actual open world).

Colour me interested. BioWare wat.

Top Bottom