• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anthony Mackie (the New Captain America) Says Black Panther is Racist

#Phonepunk#

Banned
I thought it was racist because the only black American in the film is the main villain who is killed off for being too dangerous to live and the heroes are all the Good Immigrant stereotype from the fictional African utopia created by Stan Lee, one of the whitest people to ever live.

Also the heroes win by working with the CIA to kill the only black American in the movie.

But uh I guess this too lol

Last edited:

Tesseract

Banned
Crushed like Thanos?
77b849f6a0d6c196ba285c2455d043ae.gif

F

Foamy

Unconfirmed Member
I haven't seen this movie, is there absolutely no white people in it or something?

Edit - nvm I see this was answered in earlier reply

Last edited by a moderator:

Boss Mog

He's not wrong, why isn't the black panther crew good enough for the regular MCU films? Seems weird to segregate entire production teams and not use the same folk again.
So basically white people can't have jobs? My guess is directors pick their own crew, most likely from people they know and have worked with in the past.

I thought it was racist because the only black American in the film is the main villain who is killed off for being too dangerous to live and the heroes are all the Good Immigrant stereotype from the fictional African utopia created by Stan Lee, one of the whitest people to ever live.

Also the heroes win by working with the CIA to kill the only black American in the movie.

But uh I guess this too lol

Pretty sure if a white guy made it people would be howling for his blood.

All black people carry spears, using violence to become king, that guy with that disc in his lip, the gorilla dude only thing missing was a cameo of someone getting hit on the head by a glass coke bottle

pel1300

Mackie also said we are too serious these days and mentioned how ppl use to laugh at racism in cartoons, ie Archie. Said something to the affect of we need to be able to laugh about race again.

Jezbollah

Black Panther was shit.

But, alas, the longer Anthony keeps pocketing that Marvel cash, he really doesnt truly care enough about his own point, does he?

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
It definitely seemed way to american centric. Like the most important thing to do was help black kids in the richest nation in the world because they had to use a milk crate for a basketball hoop, not the kids literally starving to death in african nations.

TriSuit666

Banned
So you're telling me forced diversity exists?? I thought it didn't and that I was a racist.

Noo, the ‘diversity‘ im BP is for the various flavours of ‘African diaspora’ on display, not for you rasscist Caucasians.

Source: Lupita Nyong’o (Mexican)

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Well Black Panther was shit so...

[SIZE=7 said:
Anthony Mackie[/SIZE]]Marvel Studios should ultimately “hire the best person for the job"
giphy.gif

Make up your mind, you either want the best person for the job or you want diversity.
One can be guaranteed, the other can't
he is probably bitter because this will always be what he is known for.. 🤔
tenor.gif

Futaleufu

The most racist thing about Black Panther is that even if they are the most advanced culture on earth they still choose their leader by ritual combat, as if democracy is too much for a pure black african nation.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Th e sad trying is, he is a hand down Captain America. Th is is the problem with Representation style social justice. He isn’t a new character, he is relieving a white Captain America of his job. And LOL instead of a movie it is a TV series instead. This is how little they think of him. This is how they really think of black men. They don’t want to invest in a new black hero, they can just have him take over for the white man. No need to create a new character just race swap.

Sad that in spite of all the bluster about a revolution and Black Panther (where they consciously coupled faux revolutionary politics with Stan Lee’s entirely coincidentally identically named creation. It’s kind of brilliant a fictional Africa complete with wood huts and spear chuckers all created by a white man in the 60s and accidentally given the same name as political revolutionaries. He didn’t know about their movement, it was a total coincidence, which they now exploited. Because capitalism is a deathless machine that grinds up culture and bodies into a fine paste the rich snort up their nose.

Him taking Captain America’s role also demonstrates the further death of Old Hollywood and the star system, where actors themselves drove movies, rather than the need for endless franchises. As long as they own the Falcon and Captain America IP they can replace any actors in the roles and still sell it. The actors are not really necessary. Look at how they replaced the first actor for War Machine Terrence Howard with the much more leftist activist Don Cheadle. The actor, the human, the individual is unimportant. It is the role, the brand, that matters.

So we see the same in our current culture clash, the role being the most important thing, Biden needing a black woman, the individual being unimportant but the role itself is sacred. Because it must uphold the narrative, either willingly (submit to cult rule) or otherwise (deplatforming and excommunication of heretics).

Unfortunately there are many ignorant tools of evil out there who think they are doing good and unknowingly enforce that evil with all the righteousness they imagine they possess.

Last edited:
Top Bottom