Anti-LGBT groups protest against pride parade in Poland

RokkanStoned

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2018
Norway
Well, they can protest all they want, but they'll just look silly and give more attention to the parade. Most of them covered their faces as well and some seemed overly aggressive.
Sad that the Pride Parade needs that much protection. Protest if you want, but being driven by aggression and seeming physical threats is just terrible.
That Pride Parade was a tame one that you'd imagine that even most socially conservative would be okay with, lacking the sexual nature that dominates part of a lot of Pride Parades.

Reactions: DeafTourette

appaws

Gold Member
Jan 31, 2008
Taylorsville, Ky!
Can't blame them for covering their faces, homosexual groups and their allies are not shy about destroying the lives of their opponents.

I think that gay groups and gay people in general have every right to have a parade and not be harassed, etc. One thing I have to note however, is that some (not all) descend into putting things on display that don't really belong in public spaces. I am talking about the more flamboyant displays, dildos, various s&m costumes, and outright nudity. Just put "gay pride parade" into google images if you don't know what I am referring to.

I heard a during the debate over gay marriage about how gay people are just like everyone else and want to be normalized into society on a monogamous basis, but the debauchery on display at some of these parades shows that to be a falsehood.

But yeah, RokkanStoned is right, this looks like a really tame and well-behaved pride parade.

RedVIper

Jun 13, 2017
I tend to agree, it made sense when you were fighting for the right to marry or wtv, but if you already have those rights, these parades serve no purpose other than for you to feel special, and that kind goes against the "we're just regular people like everybody else" argument.

Obviously these protesters probably had other reasons why they don't want the parades.

Nobody_Important

Gold Member
May 22, 2018
What's the issue? It's ok to be gay but I don't think they need parade's for it anymore.
If they want to hold a parade then why shouldn't they? As long as they follow the proper channels and get the right permits then why should anyone care?

Freedom of speech and right to public assembly? Or is that only in certain situations? Because in my opinion if abunch of white supremacists are allowed to get a permit to gather togethe and spread hate speech then people should certainly be allowed to have a pride parade if they want to.

Dunki

Gold Member
Oct 24, 2017
If they want to hold a parade then why shouldn't they? As long as they follow the proper channels and get the right permits then why should anyone care?

Freedom of speech and right to public assembly? Or is that only in certain situations? Because in my opinion if abunch of white supremacists are allowed to get a permit to gather togethe and spread hate speech then people should certainly be allowed to have a pride parade if they want to.
Exactly Everyone has the right to do so just like these people have a right to protest (even though I would not support them)

Christopher street day in Germany is a ton of fun and it is celebrating people coming together and having a good time.

Nobody_Important

Gold Member
May 22, 2018
Exactly Everyone has the right to do so just like these people have a right to protest (even though I would not support them)

Christopher street day in Germany is a ton of fun and it is celebrating people coming together and having a good time.
Agreed. They have a right to protest and people are also allowed to call them out for it and criticize them for it.

Reactions: Dunki

Zaru

Oct 2, 2012
I tend to agree, it made sense when you were fighting for the right to marry or wtv, but if you already have those rights, these parades serve no purpose other than for you to feel special, and that kind goes against the "we're just regular people like everybody else" argument.
Funny that you'd say that, because you would maybe have a point... if Poland wasn't a highly conservative catholic country where there is no gay marriage or even a civil union because they said it literally goes against the constitution, and people dislike queers so much that they form counter protests.

Reactions: 1.21Gigawatts

RedVIper

Jun 13, 2017
Funny that you'd say that, because you would maybe have a point... if Poland wasn't a highly conservative catholic country where there is no gay marriage or even a civil union because they said it literally goes against the constitution, and people dislike queers so much that they form counter protests.
Except I was obviously making a larger point than just Poland.

RedVIper

Jun 13, 2017
Yes, please elaborate how you went into a thread about Poland where nobody brought up anything outside of Poland and felt the need to share how you think LGBT people OUTSIDE of Poland just want to feel special and don't have anything to fight for.
Did you read the rest of the thread? Everyone is talking about parades in general. So was I.

I even said that this protesters is particular probably had different reasons than the ones I was stating for not liking the parades. You just decided to not quote that part.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2018
'Look at me, look at my sexual preference!!"
No kidding.

A lot of uproar would disappear if people didn't flaunt their sexuality in parades. If you're gay or anti-gay, who the fuck wants to tell the world if they are either way?

So if one group is going to flaunt it, expect some people to also promote the opposite.

If people chilled out more and weren't so showboaty about stuff, things would be toned down.

Reactions: Antoon