• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor Antifa is starting fires in Washington and OR

CloudNull

Oct 14, 2019
UPDATE: it is officially true that multiple fires have been set by people. 90% sure it is BLAMTIFA

The PNW is on fire unlike anything that's happened before. There are rumors on Reddit that cops were looking for "antifa" people. I didn't believe it until I found some articles. We will have to wait for more information to come out.

I am creating an evidence dump as the story unfolds.

Guy arrested in WA with history of BLM protest

Emergency radio chatter about possible suspects

West of Eugene

Patrol logs

More arsonists

Deaths are now just showing up. Arson is being investgated.

Utah Fires, also arson.

Great Overiew of what is happening. Good for people who want to read one link.

Standard Communist tactic:

And the narrative the MSM will go for:

Last edited:

oatmeal

Jun 17, 2007
State that was destroyed wants federal funding but denied by president who wanted to make a point to not be a fucking idiot.

Brainstorm.

Create massive fire for federal funding unrelated to the unrest in cities.

Reactions: Sign and BrettWeir

Vicetrailia

Mar 12, 2019
You guys should keep away from the political propaganda. The massive fires all started over the mountains to the east of i5 and are heading west towards i5. Portland is barely even affected from what it looks like on the maps, they don’t even have the smoke. But i wouldn’t doubt that people start fires and when people have to evacuate they go in and rob the homes.

If you look at the fire maps there’s tons of stuff going from Canada all the way down to Mexico.

Last edited:

CloudNull

Oct 14, 2019
You guys should keep away from the political propaganda. The massive fires all started over the mountains to the east of i5 and are heading west. Portland is barely even affected.
Started in Salem were the proud boy rally was.

In my OP alone there are 3 different arrest within 24 hours for starting fires. I error on caution but after 3 arrests it seems to be a pattern. Now it could be that the fires in the East are 100% natural and these bad actors are trying to add to the chaos.

I went to one of the peoples facebook who was arrested for starting the fire. Dude started live streaming after he lit the fire and called the cops lol

Profile is all about protesting and dude was previously arrested in SEA protest.

Last edited:
Reactions: Darkmakaimura

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2013
You guys should keep away from the political propaganda. The massive fires all started over the mountains to the east of i5 and are heading west towards i5. Portland is barely even affected from what it looks like on the maps, they don’t even have the smoke. But i wouldn’t doubt that people start fires and when people have to evacuate they go in and rob the homes.

If you look at the fire maps there’s tons of stuff going from Canada all the way down to Mexico.

May 22, 2018

Portland most definitely has the smoke. I know two people who have personally sent me videos of the sky looking all shitty. Other than that I get what you're saying, immediately jumping to conclusions that it is all antifa sounds pretty ridiculous and just looks like people are making the stretch to confirm their own little agendas.

Not to say that it couldnt't be antifa, just that at this point the connections are tenuous at best.

Last edited:

Musky_Cheese

Community Liaison
Oct 23, 2016
Remember, they can’t figure out if Antifa is real or not.

Perhaps it is the work of the Bumblebee Boys?

May 22, 2018

That is the guy arrested in Sea. My apologies if this link is considered doxxing to the suspect.
Ok, but is there any sort of proof he was doing this in the name of blm or antifa or whatever is what Im saying. People light fires all the time, was this politically or ideologically motivated?

• LOL
Reactions: Ryujin

ExpandKong

Barlog's Bestie
Jan 9, 2018
Ok, but is there any sort of proof he was doing this in the name of blm or antifa or whatever is what Im saying. People light fires all the time, was this politically or ideologically motivated?
How are you able to type while wearing a blindfold with your fingers in your ears?

Reactions: cryptoadam

CloudNull

Oct 14, 2019
Valid point. There is no official proof yet that this is BLMTIFA but there is some very suspect evidence floating around that the biggest fire was started the day of the Proud Boys rally. I have been swamped at work and will hunt down the video later..... at this point all signs are pointing to true.

May 22, 2018
Valid point. There is no official proof yet that this is BLMTIFA but there is some very suspect evidence floating around that the biggest fire was started the day of the Proud Boys rally. I have been swamped at work and will hunt down the video later..... at this point all signs are pointing to true.
My issue here is that antifa and blm have been committing more than enough egregious acts on their own, it seems counter productive to be pinning stuff on them without full on proof.

It's the same thing with the Democrats and Trump, just sit back and let the moron run his mouth. Yet the democrats have spent the past four years screeching about nonsense and most of it has been either erroneously reported or manipulated. But why? Trump does a fantastic job sounding like an idiot, no need to muddle the situation.

Same here, these people do enough condemning shit on their own, though Ibam all for watching the evidence pile up until it is indisputable. Find that video!

• Praise the Sun
Reactions: Boswollocks

daveonezero

Nov 19, 2018
I am local and just talking to a friend. He was telling me in Sandy Oregon someone was setting fires which ended in a shootout between the arson and the locals. 200 rounds fired. I haven't heard anything about it on the news.

If they are willing to burn cities they are willing to burn the forest.

As for the link between Antifa/BLM rioters it is people getting arrested and then being let go. Getting arrested in Oregon and Washington at riots and then being let out is happening. These people being found out in the forest are ones that have an arrest record. That is the link.

Same way the man who assassinated by a man in Portland. He was let off rioting charges in Portland. The DA's and Judges are not prosecurting or holding anyone.

Last edited:
  • Triggered
Reactions: VlaudTheImpaler

Qwell

Dec 5, 2008
I'm also local, I only have about 300 yards of visibility in front of my house right now and ash is literally falling, smells like a camp fire. I haven't seen verified source yet, but I have heard on nextdoor and the local facebook groups that there have been some fireworks shot off just a few miles down the road. And someone at a local diner was caught with a bunch of fireworks in their backpack. Luckily we are still only at level 1 evac (get ready), my parents are level 2 (get set) and my brother is already housing some of his in-laws who had to evac. Our neighborhood is packed with RV's and other vehicles from those that have had to evac.

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
Until XiNN tells me this was the Proud Boys or Trump supporters I see no reason to care.

I am also concerned about linking a BLAMTIFA activist to this, just like I don't want to link the 9/11 hijackers to Jihad and Islam. I mean was there any proof that 9/11 was done by islamic terrorist outside of them saying they are Islamic terrorist?

I will say hopefully this is just natural and not man made. Didn't this happen with the rainforest as well or am I misremembering.

Reactions: daveonezero

CloudNull

Oct 14, 2019

This article sums up everything going on nicely.

I will say there are people intentionally starting the fires. Not all of the fires are man made. Of the ones that are man made it is looking like it could be coordinated. Still no definitive evidence that this has correlation to BLAMTIFA but the people who have been arrested do have a history for protesting with BLAMTIFA.

LOLCats

Sep 5, 2013
ya people are talking about it here, honestly, publicity is not good because copy cats.

its bad right now, its been orange here for 3 days, well actually its yellow today.

yesterday it was dark till noon.

Last edited:

Whataborman

Apr 19, 2018
If they are willing to burn cities they are willing to burn the forest.

Absolutely.

And I would assume that the rural areas of Washington and Oregon are where most of the conservatives live. It wouldn't surprise me in the least to learn that BLM/Antifa were behind at least some of the fires.

Also, conservative youtuber Wranglerstar is currently posting a lot of videos from the fires in Oregon. He's a trained fireman and he and his buddies have been going into remote areas to help people save their houses and farms from the approaching fires.

Reactions: daveonezero

daveonezero

Nov 19, 2018
ya people are talking about it here, honestly, publicity is not good because copy cats.

its bad right now, its been orange here for 3 days, well actually its yellow today.

yesterday it was dark till noon.
yeah me and my family left. We have RV's and just wanted out of the smoke. I was south of Portland

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
Mar 15, 2007
All arsonists should rot in jail.

However, I doubt BLM is behind this, it doesn’t make sense. It’s just really bad optics for the organization to associate themselves with arsonists. They are dumb, but not THAT dumb.

CloudNull

Oct 14, 2019
Start wildfires, force counties to evacuate people from their homes, move in and loot peoples houses without the fear of getting your heads vented.
There has been first hand accounts that looting has been happening so you are not wrong.

News say that it is all unrelated..... and it is all fake news. Got damn, 2020 is wild. So gaf is it all fake news? Has there ever been this many arson arrests in such a short time?

SOME ONE TELL ME WHAT TO BELIEVE!!!!!! lol

• Thoughtful
Reactions: DeepEnigma

Whataborman

Apr 19, 2018
Start wildfires, force counties to evacuate people from their homes, move in and loot peoples houses without the fear of getting your heads vented.
Start wildfires, force evacuations, and hope to displace people before the election, to reduce the number of "wrong" people voting.

"Wrong" being conservatives if you are the average BLM or Antifa member.

News say that it is all unrelated..... and it is all fake news. Got damn, 2020 is wild. So gaf is it all fake news? Has there ever been this many arson arrests in such a short time?

If mainstream media is calling it "fake news" there's a good possibility it isn't fake news at all.

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
There has been first hand accounts that looting has been happening so you are not wrong.

SOME ONE TELL ME WHAT TO BELIEVE!!!!!! lol
We will see.

Remember in the earlies ANTIFA was a myth, and we kept reading how the cops didn't arrest any ANTIFA people, ANTIFA doesn't exist etc... UMBRELLA MAN!!!!

Just wait they will start blaming right wing and white supremacist.

I will say 50/50 right now. There are a lot of dumb fucks out there who like playing with fire so it could just be some assholes wanting to burn shit.

But I am not going to trust the same people that spend June/July/August pretending there was no ANTIFA violence and no one arrested had anything to do with ANTIFA.