• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor Antifa is starting fires in Washington and OR

Qwell

Dec 5, 2008

Must be the Russians the media is always talking about and that fake news.

Just after I finished watching the video and now its down, after 3,800 comments and 380,000 views
edit: ooops had a 2nd quote on accident

Last edited:
  • LOL
Reactions: CloudNull

CloudNull

Oct 14, 2019

Just after I finished watching the video and now its down, after 3,800 comments and 380,000 views
edit: ooops had a 2nd quote on accident
I DONT BELIEVE IT. HOLY SHITTT!!!

fuck I should have downloaded it.

Qwell

Dec 5, 2008
Can we change this thread title since it's misleading?
Well I suppose it should be noted since the video was removed it was someone who's husband chased off people lighting hay bales on fire. And going through the comments it sounds like they found the perp who was arresting after being shot in the leg while fleeing.

• Praise the Sun
Reactions: CloudNull

CloudNull

Oct 14, 2019
All this shit is still ongoing and being investigated. I might have to evacuate.

Mods can’t change it to whatever though.

Heavy_D206

Feb 20, 2015
I live in Pierce County WA near the wildfires. The first night when the fires started I heard multiple fireworks being shot off. People shoot off fireworks around here pretty often. There is a roller skating rink that caught fire that was pretty far away from the wildfires though. That one definitely seemed fishy.

Platinumstorm

Gold Member
Oct 19, 2011
Is it though? What’s misleading about it?
Right now the basis of this argument is organized fire starting by, what this forum, would describe as a leftist "group", currently at odds with the police, strewn together with nothing but an article from a police news website that declared they had to debate whether or not to post the article.

An individual earlier this summer tried to set open space areas on fire about 3 miles from where I live. That doesn't mean he was antifa, or there was an organized movement by "Antifa", just that he was crazy and dangerous. In 2016 a fire near Nederland, CO, just up the mountain from me, was started by vagrants. If there is evidence that more strongly shows that some sort of organized antifa group actually is starting fires, then I will be happy to also jump in on that, but until there is, I think the thread title should be less definitive, and preferably not in the CNN/FOX "Is X responsible for Y?"

TheSadRanger

Sep 5, 2013
Mckinney,TX

Antifa is fucking retarded and don't realize that fires of this scale could have devastating consequences of the macro climate of the United States if this gets big enough. Thirty percent of the U.S is arid and nearly half is at risk of desertification. Did these fucking retards ever study the dust bowl.

Chaos, never fucking once.

KINGMOKU

May 16, 2005
If anyone here has ever watched squidbillies, and an episode called "Chalky trouble" your laughing as hard as I am right now.

Life imitates art as they say.

TheSadRanger

Sep 5, 2013
Mckinney,TX

Any legitimacy to the scanner?
It's a legit scanner site.

edit: Scanner was taken down. Something is going on, if it's not antifa then why take the scanner down?

I think authorities are rebuking it because they don't want a full war on their hands while dealing with this.

Last edited:
  • Praise the Sun
Reactions: V4skunk

BouncyFrag

Feb 10, 2014
We are now on to the next phase. As this escalates more and more people will hate BLM/antifa even more. This is pure evil.

• Praise the Sun

oatmeal

Jun 17, 2007
Damn.

Maybe conservatives should just start attacking liberals on sight. Like how libs have been told to do for years now. Make em suffer. Fuck it.

• Praise the Sun

TheSadRanger

Sep 5, 2013
Mckinney,TX
No evidence of mass arson.....

No evidence of mass arson....

No evidence of mass arson....

HoodWinked

Jun 30, 2010
Earth
the funny thing is that these wild fires put out a tremendous amount of carbon emissions into the atmosphere undoing much of the efforts that environmental initiatives curtailed. at the very least you'd think the nut jobs environmentalist/green supporters would be furious and condone these actions with extreme prejudice but of course they're not, they don't actually care about the environment it's just some bs "cause" they use to control people's hearts and minds. its just all so dumb the people who advocate for this stuff they're so completely disingenuous about coming up with solutions instead they push for insignificant things like plastic straws and then are completely against actual solutions like nuclear power.

TheSadRanger

Sep 5, 2013
Mckinney,TX
the funny thing is that these wild fires put out a tremendous amount of carbon emissions into the atmosphere undoing much of the efforts that environmental initiatives curtailed. at the very least you'd think the nut jobs environmentalist/green supporters would be furious and condone these actions with extreme prejudice but of course they're not, they don't actually care about the environment it's just some bs "cause" they use to control people's hearts and minds. its just all so dumb the people who advocate for this stuff they're so completely disingenuous about coming up with solutions instead they push for insignificant things like plastic straws and then are completely against actual solutions like nuclear power.
I used to think upon the same logic until I realized that they are just chaos worshipers, pure and simple.

If this gets bad enough the PNW might become dust bowl 2.0. After years of fires in northern Cali it's not entirely implausible. With the winds they get the ashen soil will just blow off as dust in the wind giving nothing.

Thus creating a perpetuating cycle of dust storms that create more lightning and fires, no amount of sod can be planted to curtail like there was in the dust bowl under FDR.

Chaos, not even once.

Reactions: EHuntingon

epicnemesis

May 9, 2008
So let me make sure I’m getting this all accurately.

We know for a fact that a lot of these are arson.

If it’s arson it seems highly likely it is coordinated.

Suspecting antifa/BLM is unconfirmed. Do we know if the arsonists who have been arrested so far have ties to them?

Reallink

Jan 7, 2008
They would be playing the long game here. Short term destruction to point at as irrefutable evidence designed to get radical measures passed/enacted very rapidly.

Last edited:

TheSadRanger

Sep 5, 2013
Mckinney,TX
And yes the woman above me was more than likely just looking to "fit in" to a movement and was probably exploited in some way shape or form due to loneliness.

They are what's considered "fodder" to antifa.

• Praise the Sun

StormCell

Dec 11, 2018
Yeah, OP, I read your post this morning but waited till I could get to a keyboard. I wanted to say that I appreciate your effort and attention to detail with all the posts referenced. I spent a decade and a half living in Washington, and even if a few Antifa or BLM activists are starting fires it's nothing new to that state or the surrounding PNW. It's become a yearly cycle of smoke-filled skies thanks in some small part to wetter than normal spring and early summer seasons that create a lot of dried out brush for the late summer fires to consume. Some of it is arsonists and some of it is accidental/incidental. Arsonists were starting fires years ago--I once was driving down the highway between Banks lake and Spokane and came across 3 fires that had all started from the highway; two of the fires were consuming Christmas tree farms and the third was moving up from the road towards a hay field.

My point is, it was happening before 2020 and perhaps it's just a consequence of the times that a few unruly activists would copycat the arsonists, OR some arsonists have been activists the whole time. Either way, we're not going to convince anyone of a coordinated effort to start wild fires unless we get a recording of people planning to start fires or something.

Last edited:

StormCell

Dec 11, 2018
I used to think upon the same logic until I realized that they are just chaos worshipers, pure and simple.

If this gets bad enough the PNW might become dust bowl 2.0. After years of fires in northern Cali it's not entirely implausible. With the winds they get the ashen soil will just blow off as dust in the wind giving nothing.

Thus creating a perpetuating cycle of dust storms that create more lightning and fires, no amount of sod can be planted to curtail like there was in the dust bowl under FDR.

Chaos, not even once.

Have you ever been to Washington? That dust bowl theory ain't happening.

CloudNull

Oct 14, 2019
So let me make sure I’m getting this all accurately.

We know for a fact that a lot of these are arson.

If it’s arson it seems highly likely it is coordinated.

Suspecting antifa/BLM is unconfirmed. Do we know if the arsonists who have been arrested so far have ties to them?
Still no proof it is related to Anitfa but I know for a fact the person that started the Washington fires was at the BLM protest and his Facebook is filled with BLAMTIFA stuff. Another kid arrested has a recorded of protesting. Still all circumstantial evidence, especially considering that BLAMTIFA attracts the lawless degenerates.

As people have said, sounds like arson happens every year in the PNW because people are assholes. Some of the shit I have heard on police scanners seems like there has to be more going on than we are being told but in natural disasters like this, it is hard to get the truth.

I wish more people could have seen the Facebook post before it was taken down. I felt for the woman even if what her husband saw turns out not to be true. I don't get why Facebook is pulling that shit down.

Apr 18, 2014
Right now the basis of this argument is organized fire starting by, what this forum, would describe as a leftist "group", currently at odds with the police, strewn together with nothing but an article from a police news website that declared they had to debate whether or not to post the article.

An individual earlier this summer tried to set open space areas on fire about 3 miles from where I live. That doesn't mean he was antifa, or there was an organized movement by "Antifa", just that he was crazy and dangerous. In 2016 a fire near Nederland, CO, just up the mountain from me, was started by vagrants. If there is evidence that more strongly shows that some sort of organized antifa group actually is starting fires, then I will be happy to also jump in on that, but until there is, I think the thread title should be less definitive, and preferably not in the CNN/FOX "Is X responsible for Y?"
Antifa has started fires in Washington and Oregon for over 100 days in a row now. The thread title is accurate from what I can tell.

The arrest records of recent arsonists who started some of the wild fires also aligns with the thread title. Anything else you’re deriving from it is your own projection or bias on display.

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
Keep in mind that these dummy democrats released their prisoners because of COVID.

Its not hard then for some criminal to say they are ANTIFA or to chang Black Lives Matter, its essentially a get out of jail free card.

So I wouldn't be shocked if some extra arsonists and other criminals just decided to take advantage of the fires and start burning and they were either paid to go to BLAMTIFA riots in the past, or will just say Black Lives Matter since it is a license to do whatever the fuck you want and get support from the media and left.

If we find out that BLAMTIFA is behind it how long until the media spins this? Why forest are part of White supremacy. How the logging industry supports Trumps America. How young millenials are fighting for the enviroment by burning racist trees.

Kreios

Gold Member
Oct 5, 2010
U.S.

People need to take care of these arsonists. Not waiting and watching. Actually take care of them

Last edited:

CloudNull

Oct 14, 2019

This is from August 19th. Numerous reports of "someone" going around a cutting Powerline poles with a chainsaw. Just enough so that the next strong wind could easily break them. Makes me think there had to be some that were not replaced.... tinfoil hat I know.

LOLCats

Sep 5, 2013
if you want an interesting listen, turn on Clackamas County Law Enforcement scanner. available in free scanner apps.

you'd be shocked at all the shit thats happening thats not being reported in the media. i wont spread scanner rumors, but lets just say its a very dangerous place right now.

Last edited:

CloudNull

Oct 14, 2019
if you want an interesting listen, turn on Clackamas County Law Enforcement scanner. available in free scanner apps.

you'd be shocked at all the shit thats happening thats not being reported in the media. i wont spread scanner rumors, but lets just say its a very dangerous place right now.
I am listening now. Reports of two militia groups open carrying and questioning people.

Here is a facebook group posting wild stuff. I will not repost stuff until it is proven. I bet the group is nuked by the EOD. https://www.facebook.com/groups/1127943504268101/

LOLCats

Sep 5, 2013
I am listening now. Reports of two militia groups open carrying and questioning people.

Here is a facebook group posting wild stuff. I will not repost stuff until it is proven. I bet the group is nuked by the EOD. https://www.facebook.com/groups/1127943504268101/
yep, militia checkpoints last night. lots of looters, drilled holes in vehicle gas tanks... among other reports of shots fired and car chases.

Last edited:
Aug 11, 2019
This is some crazy shit but not exactly unexpected.

What worries me more is what is going to happen if Trump wins in November. These ANTIFA type are going to go all out

• Praise the Sun

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2013
This is some crazy shit but not exactly unexpected.

What worries me more is what is going to happen if Trump wins in November. These ANTIFA type are going to go all out
Then they will force people to defend their homesteads and the insurrection act will happen if the states don't comply for the safety of their citizens and environment.

Kalamari

Jul 31, 2012
The Great Northwest
Yeah, OP, I read your post this morning but waited till I could get to a keyboard. I wanted to say that I appreciate your effort and attention to detail with all the posts referenced. I spent a decade and a half living in Washington, and even if a few Antifa or BLM activists are starting fires it's nothing new to that state or the surrounding PNW. It's become a yearly cycle of smoke-filled skies thanks in some small part to wetter than normal spring and early summer seasons that create a lot of dried out brush for the late summer fires to consume. Some of it is arsonists and some of it is accidental/incidental. Arsonists were starting fires years ago--I once was driving down the highway between Banks lake and Spokane and came across 3 fires that had all started from the highway; two of the fires were consuming Christmas tree farms and the third was moving up from the road towards a hay field.

My point is, it was happening before 2020 and perhaps it's just a consequence of the times that a few unruly activists would copycat the arsonists, OR some arsonists have been activists the whole time. Either way, we're not going to convince anyone of a coordinated effort to start wild fires unless we get a recording of people planning to start fires or something.
I also live in the PNW and I agree that arsonists and wildfire in general are nothing new, but many people suffer large losses due to fires whether it's their home, property, or lost business due to prolonged road closures. These effects shouldn't be overlooked.

While many of the fires could not have been prevented, the effects could have been mitigated with proper forestry practices. For example, the Eagle Creek fire in 2017 occurred in a designated wilderness area with out of control brush growth, lack of thinning, and terrible road access. It was a giant tinder pile waiting to explode, and it eventually did. Proper forestry practices could have prevented much of that destruction and the resulting fallout.

Where I live, today we had the most smoke in the air I have ever seen, it's like a thick yellow fog. It is the worst it has ever been, worse than during the Eagle Creek fire of 2017. It is certainly out of the ordinary. I expect we will have another 2 months of smokey air like 3 years ago.

So yes, fires are nothing new, however some fires are more devastating than others.

Last edited:
Aug 11, 2019
Then they will force people to defend their homesteads and the insurrection act will happen if the states don't comply for the safety of their citizens and environment.
Ya there's a real good chance things will get pretty ugly. Unfortunately, I'm in California with a bunch of the crazies.

Mossybrew

Apr 2, 2015
Bellingham WA
Yeeeahhh.... color me skeptical. Arson during fire season is nothing new, and Antifa attracts a certain lowlife crowd that undoubtedly includes firebugs that could be doing their own thing out there ... but saying this is some kind of coordinated Antifa strategy seems like a paranoid stretch. If evidence emerges otherwise that's a different story, but there is already way too much jumping to immediate conclusions these days.

Aug 11, 2019
Yeeeahhh.... color me skeptical. Arson during fire season is nothing new, and Antifa attracts a certain lowlife crowd that undoubtedly includes firebugs that could be doing their own thing out there ... but saying this is some kind of coordinated Antifa strategy seems like a paranoid stretch. If evidence emerges otherwise that's a different story, but there is already way too much jumping to immediate conclusions these days.
Yeah I'm already seeing a lot of people on social media acting like it's 100% confirmed that this is a coordinated effort. There's something weird going on that's for sure, we just shouldn't jump to drastic conclusions so quickly