• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor Antifa is starting fires in Washington and OR

SF Kosmo

Formerly 'SF Chode'
Jul 7, 2020

StormCell

Dec 11, 2018
I also live in the PNW and I agree that arsonists and wildfire in general are nothing new, but many people suffer large losses due to fires whether it's their home, property, or lost business due to prolonged road closures. These effects shouldn't be overlooked.

While many of the fires could not have been prevented, the effects could have been mitigated with proper forestry practices. For example, the Eagle Creek fire in 2017 occurred in a designated wilderness area with out of control brush growth, lack of thinning, and terrible road access. It was a giant tinder pile waiting to explode, and it eventually did. Proper forestry practices could have prevented much of that destruction and the resulting fallout.

Where I live, today we had the most smoke in the air I have ever seen, it's like a thick yellow fog. It is the worst it has ever been, worse than during the Eagle Creek fire of 2017. It is certainly out of the ordinary. I expect we will have another 2 months of smokey air like 3 years ago.

So yes, fires are nothing new, however some fires are more devastating than others.
Ugh. I truly feel for you. Been there and know all about it. About 4 years ago, the smoke was so thick it looked like fog but smelled like camp fire. You could smell inside your car. You could smell it inside your house. There's no escaping it.

Right now, my FB wall is filled with friends who are either losing the homes they grew up in or are documenting relatives who have lost houses and property.

You're right that it's not uncommon but it is out of the ordinary. My first 10 years living in the PNW, it sorta happened maybe once. By the time I left, it had happened like 3 of the last 4 years.

There's room in Alabama if you want greener and less smoke! :messenger_winking:

autoduelist

Gold Member
Aug 30, 2014
I haven't read through all of this thread yet, but I've heard multiple first hand accounts of arsonists at this point, as well as seen local media cover it. Media seems in full denial.

autoduelist

Gold Member
Aug 30, 2014

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
Guys ANTIFA isn't starting the fires, they are busy placing a noose in Bubbas garage and throwing bleach on Jussi Smollett.

Now if you told me Russians were doing to prevent mail in voting by burning down all the timber and thus stopping the production of envelopes we might be onto something.

TheSadRanger

Sep 5, 2013
Mckinney,TX

There were actual posts on 4chan that said they were going to set fires to the hotels that people were staying in from burned areas.

Last edited:
  • Triggered
Reactions: autoduelist

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2013

TheSadRanger

Sep 5, 2013
Mckinney,TX
Yet there are many, many arrests showing otherwise. Maybe it’s plausible deniability or trying to get them to slip, since well, that was a rather short “investigation”.
It's possible they don't want wide spread panic and someone getting shot under the assumption of being an antifa arsonist when it might be someone who's not.

Plus it would make it difficult for law enforcement to determine who's who.

Reactions: DeepEnigma

Platinumstorm

Gold Member
Oct 19, 2011
Yeah, OP, I read your post this morning but waited till I could get to a keyboard. I wanted to say that I appreciate your effort and attention to detail with all the posts referenced. I spent a decade and a half living in Washington, and even if a few Antifa or BLM activists are starting fires it's nothing new to that state or the surrounding PNW. It's become a yearly cycle of smoke-filled skies thanks in some small part to wetter than normal spring and early summer seasons that create a lot of dried out brush for the late summer fires to consume. Some of it is arsonists and some of it is accidental/incidental. Arsonists were starting fires years ago--I once was driving down the highway between Banks lake and Spokane and came across 3 fires that had all started from the highway; two of the fires were consuming Christmas tree farms and the third was moving up from the road towards a hay field.

My point is, it was happening before 2020 and perhaps it's just a consequence of the times that a few unruly activists would copycat the arsonists, OR some arsonists have been activists the whole time. Either way, we're not going to convince anyone of a coordinated effort to start wild fires unless we get a recording of people planning to start fires or something.
Cue Project Veritas to misleadingly crop together some statements to create a fake sentiment where non exists!

JayK47

Nov 2, 2019
This has really gotten out of hand. Like rioting in downtown was not bad enough, we are trying to blow up building and burn down forests and neighborhoods. Should have built a wall around Portland when we had the chance to contain them.

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
Wray still runs the FBI and this sounds like local Portland FBI since it says FBI Portland.

Remember these guys have been saying ANTIFA isnt arrested is a myth its all UMBERLLA MAN.

Odds are its still probably released COVID criminals and fire bugs. And I will wait for guys like Andy Elijah Drew or Tim to confirm.

No one arrested is going to say I am part of the Rose City Antifa or ANTIFAPDX.

Things have quieted down in Portland. Today they called off riots. Where are all the deliqints? Just went home ?

DragoonKain

Nov 13, 2013
Yet there are many, many arrests showing otherwise. Maybe it’s plausible deniability or trying to get them to slip, since well, that was a rather short “investigation”.
They may call themselves Antifa, but this really isn't their MO. They want to go after establishments and attack government and businesses. Burning wildlife doesn't seem to be what they do. It could be some rogue loon who claims they're Antifa or even if they have been previously linked with Antifa, it may not have been coordinated. Remember, a lot of these people are mentally ill.

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
They may call themselves Antifa, but this really isn't their MO. They want to go after establishments and attack government and businesses. Burning wildlife doesn't seem to be what they do. It could be some rogue loon who claims they're Antifa or even if they have been previously linked with Antifa, it may not have been coordinated. Remember, a lot of these people are mentally ill.
Its like the muslim terrorist across Europe. They arent part of ISIS but they still grab a knife and stab people and scream alluah akbar.

Causing destruction is just what ANTIFA does.

Reactions: Torrent of Pork

autoduelist

Gold Member
Aug 30, 2014
Last edited:

CloudNull

Oct 14, 2019
Holy shit, i was looking for that vid when i was compiling my earlier list, and couldnt find it again. Interesting to hear it is getting supressed.
I shared it yesterday and it was going viral. Within like 20 minutes it had over 300k views before it was nuked. Soon as that happened it made me realize there must be more to this than what the media is saying.

Last edited:

autoduelist

Gold Member
Aug 30, 2014
I share it yesterday and it was going viral. Within like 20 minutes it had over 300k views before it was nuked. Soon as that happened it made me realize there must be more to this than what the media is saying.
Countries will engage in wars that cost millions of lives and trillions of dollars, but few [though maybe not few anymore] believe others will engage in shadow wars to control populations through media.

Last edited:

CloudNull

Oct 14, 2019

First time I have heard cops not deny it. Still not proof its BLAMTIFA but were there is smoke there is fire......

The next tweet talks about how they are now patrolling the area.

Last edited:
  • Praise the Sun
Reactions: V4skunk

RoboFu

Oct 10, 2017
From seeing all the people they have arrested so far I would say some one is paying meth heads to start fires.

• Praise the Sun

TheSadRanger

Sep 5, 2013
Mckinney,TX
I shared it yesterday and it was going viral. Within like 20 minutes it had over 300k views before it was nuked. Soon as that happened it made me realize there must be more to this than what the media is saying.
I thought something was up when this shit originated from normies in the suburbs on facebook.

Reactions: CloudNull

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
So a couple of people and BLM protest. Fireworks which is BALMTIFAs weapon of choice. Bunch of other ANTIFA looking people. Videos photos and eye witness reports of people lighting fires. And complete denial.

I mean its pretth much all adding up. But I guess were right wing conspiracy therorist. Which is what they said in june.

TearInto5th

Mar 8, 2020
So I guess this is considered "peaceful arson?"

These aren't humans that are doing this, they are animals. They need to be put down. And if anyone cries that im inciting violence... I am. If they're willing to put, potentially hundreds of thousands of lives at risk, the only thing that these rabid animals need is a bullet.

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
Looks like we have to go through the cycle

Deny its happening
Blame white supremacist
Blame Trump

We are only at step 1, probably after the weekend we will be at step 2, and then by next Friday step 3

Cato

China delenda est
Oct 27, 2017
Moore Park Beach
So I guess this is considered "peaceful arson?"

These aren't humans that are doing this, they are animals. They need to be put down. And if anyone cries that im inciting violence... I am. If they're willing to put, potentially hundreds of thousands of lives at risk, the only thing that these rabid animals need is a bullet.
This is antifa. Antifa does what antifa/afa has always done.
Crazy far left terrorists.

• Praise the Sun

TheSadRanger

Sep 5, 2013
Mckinney,TX
How much damage could happen if the gas line explodes?
To put it this way, I had some foundation work done on my house and the dumbass contractor employees dislodged the gas line connecting the house (similar to one in pic). They were insured but it was a huuuuuuugggggeee fucking scene.

The gas company sent over a dozen trucks within an hour and enough personnel to make it look Chernobyl just happened.

Reactions: BouncyFrag

autoduelist

Gold Member
Aug 30, 2014
So a couple of people and BLM protest. Fireworks which is BALMTIFAs weapon of choice. Bunch of other ANTIFA looking people. Videos photos and eye witness reports of people lighting fires. And complete denial.

I mean its pretth much all adding up. But I guess were right wing conspiracy therorist. Which is what they said in june.
I do not know if they are directly connected.

I want to believe they are not. But then I think about the rainforest wildfires, and remember how they were used to push climate change. And then the Australian, same thing. And how places like Snopes use outrageous claims ['over 200 arsonists'] to claim 'false', and then hide even they say their were 24 arsonists.

Now. I am not saying the arsonists had a shared agenda. But clearly, the fires they add to [some are natural] are being used to push an agenda. Which does mean there is potential motive.

And then you have...

"More than half a million people — 12% of the state's population — have fled from their homes in Oregon and mass evacuations are underway across the region. Oregon's governor, Kate Brown, said the fires have burned more than 1 million acres"

12%. Rural. Election year.

And the media is playing up climate change too.

My gut says this is a combination of natural, firebugs, and maybe a couple blackpilled accelerationists. But clearly, we've been watching BLMntifa try to burn down buildings for months, and they seem to have little regard for human life that doesn't agree with them.

Ultimately... I think my final verdict is that if your shit group is black bloc, and your active slogan is 'by any means necessary', and you want conservatives dead or reeducated, and you carry signs like 'death to America' and spraypaint 'liberals get the bullet too'..... well, honestly, if you get blamed for these wildfires and there even seem to be arrests in that direction, I'm not particularly heartbroken.

Last edited:
Reactions: cryptoadam

autoduelist

Gold Member
Aug 30, 2014
Holy crap I just went to reddit to see what they were saying. I knew this already, but it's absolutely two different realities at this point. Literally read posts claiming Republican voters want people to die in the fires.

autoduelist

Gold Member
Aug 30, 2014

I am struggling trying to correctly link various tweets within her thread. Her account is a treasure trove of confirmed arson attacks.

Silent Duck

Sep 22, 2018
How much damage could happen if the gas line explodes?
There was a gasline explosion that took out a couple of buildings in my neighborhood a few years ago. They were businesses that were closed at the time so nobody was physically hurt. But the damage was pretty bad, the buildings were gone. Looked like abandoned lots with just charred debris strewn about. I know a guy that works for the Fire Department who said it could've been a lot worse. He had seen almost an entire city block destroyed when he worked in another area.

Reactions: BouncyFrag

Teletraan1

May 17, 2012
Canada
Seems like another media obfuscation. Harp on the fact that it isn't coordinated to handwave the fact that there are a lot of arrests for arson. The story stops being about the arsonists and shifts to a "conspiracy theory " that the evil far right wing is peddling. Then use the fires as an example of the effect of climate change. We already saw this stunt play out in the rainforest and Australia.

JayK47

Nov 2, 2019
Makes you wonder if these guys have always started many of these West Coast fires every year. And of course they are going all in for 2020.

showernota

Jun 6, 2020
I post their videos a lot, but Bret and Heather are really at ground zero for almost all the current events. They discuss the fires and the arsonists in this one. I'm still listening and they're changing subject to Cuties (which they watched yesterday).

MichaelRR1989

Banned
Nov 5, 2019
Antifa has been a bunch of separate but well-funded domestic terrorist groups long before they helped start wildfires in Oregon.

But, yeah, Antifa must be physically destroyed along with BLM.

Antifa and Black Lies Metastasis are both CANCERS growing in this nation as well as in other countries.

Last edited:

HeresJohnny

Mar 14, 2018

Guys in black hoodies and pants.... hmmmm, who does that sound like?