• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor Antifa is starting fires in Washington and OR

BouncyFrag

Feb 10, 2014
This is an emergency meeting of Oregon’s Clackamas County Board of Commissioners about the wild fires from September 10.
Here we have their sheriff briefing them on the looting and the terrorists tactics from using gas cans to using chainsaws to cut down telephone poles to cause more fires. Their lack of caring and evident indifference is appalling. One official at 14:25 pleads for them to ask the governor for the National Guard to be sent in only to have that shot down by a Karen.

Time stamp should be good, but if not jump to 11:14.

• Triggered
Reactions: Sign and DeepEnigma

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2013
This is an emergency meeting of Oregon’s Clackamas County Board of Commissioners about the wild fires from September 10.
Here we have their sheriff briefing them on the looting and the terrorists tactics from using gas cans to using chainsaws to cut down telephone poles to cause more fires. Their lack of caring and evident indifference is appalling. One official at 14:25 pleads for them to ask the governor for the National Guard to be sent in only to have that shot down by a Karen.

Operatives.

Vicetrailia

Mar 12, 2019

Your sound dizzied by emotion, but they seem level headed, logical, ready to act and seem to be asking the right and very basic questions. For example they got the guy to verify that it’s still just a rumor at this point coming from a sheriff, and that they don’t need to call the guard yet, but he sought to implement a curfew.

One of them even said plainly that If Antifa was causing additional chaos in that county they would be ready to call the guard. You’re telling people how to do their job, but you just aren’t a leader and you don’t know what you are doing or even saying. Sorry to be rude but it’s true, you’re overtaken by the perception of everything.

Last edited:

TheSadRanger

Sep 5, 2013
Mckinney,TX
Your sound dizzied by emotion, but they seem level headed, logical, ready to act and seem to be asking the right and very basic questions. For example they got the guy to verify that it’s still just a rumor at this point coming from a sheriff, and that they don’t need to call the guard yet, but he sought to implement a curfew.

One of them even said plainly that If Antifa was causing additional chaos in that county they would be ready to call the guard. You’re telling people how to do their job, but you just aren’t a leader and you don’t know what you are doing or even saying. Sorry to be rude but it’s true, you’re overtaken by the perception of everything.
The national guard should be called in regardless to deter looting and ensure order.

There's really nothing controversial about sending the National Guard in during an emergency like a wildfire.

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
Its more like they are thinking oh shit this guy is on to us how do we shut him up, quick someone find a MAGA hat somewhere near him.

This is the same story we saw with the riots, oh no violence, oh ANTIFA doesn't exist, nothing to see here your just a right wing crazy.

CloudNull

Oct 14, 2019

I thought the picture floating around of this was fake. Well turns out it is real.... I guess the whole thing could still be staged.

I assumed arsonists would use more than matches to start fires. Either way scary when local people are doing citizen arrests.

TheSadRanger

Sep 5, 2013
Mckinney,TX

I thought the picture floating around of this was fake. Well turns out it is real.... I guess the whole thing could still be staged.

I assumed arsonists would use more than matches to start fires. Either way scary when local people are doing citizen arrests.
The blood of the warrior runs strong in this one. That's a woman I would not cross.

TheSadRanger

Sep 5, 2013
Mckinney,TX
What the fuck is up with this "mass casualty" meme coming from the MSM and Kate Brown. Why are they being so vague about making a statement like that.

Does this have anything to do with the storm off the coast absorbing smoke?

daveonezero

Nov 19, 2018
The majority of the wildfires have to be natural. Is it possible some fires were started by antifa? Sure.
From what? There have been no storms. They have been popping up all over.

Either they are incidental campfire or other accidents or arson.

TheSadRanger

Sep 5, 2013
Mckinney,TX
My guess is that the tweaker/homeless looking perps running around setting brush fires are the fodder tier for antifa. Gave them money/drugs to start the fires (It would also be difficult to directly link them to the group). They're just fodder to keep police busy while the mid tier ones are doing the bigger operations like cutting up utility poles and stuff.

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
I dont think its fair to call it a conspiracy.

there are people lighting fires and getting arrested for it.

Them being Antifa or meth heads no one knows.

I dont think it matters anyways if assholes are lighting fires.

TheSadRanger

Sep 5, 2013
Mckinney,TX
Antifa makes threats online to burn down rural areas after the Portland Trump truck parade. Rural areas actually burn down and then they go "OH IT WASN'T US!!"

Also local government officials who bow to Kate Brown (an antifa sympathizer) say "NOTHING STRANGE HAPPENING HERE". Same FBI division that knelt during BLM and Antifa protests say "NOTHING TO SEE HERE" even though the fires had just started and there's no way to accurately say who did it without a thorough investigation that takes time.

Deputy who's on the ground working says it's Antifa immediately gets put on leave. Fire Marshall gets sent to Belize for probably questioning the erratic nature of fires popping up and wondering if it's antifa.

The rumors start from locals on Facebook who claim they've seen people go into the forest setting fires. There's BLM and Antifa in California but no online rumors start from the wildfires there.

Dozens of meth heads collectively decide to start brush fires at the exact same time. Antifa looking looters abound.

Cause of the fires is still "unknown" from MSM sources.

So yeah......... Not Antifa?

Cato

China delenda est
Oct 27, 2017
Moore Park Beach
I dont think its fair to call it a conspiracy.

there are people lighting fires and getting arrested for it.

Them being Antifa or meth heads no one knows.

I dont think it matters anyways if assholes are lighting fires.
True, there seems to be at least a few of the antifa losers out there arsoning and looting.

But, also understand we need to keep emotions in the community under control.
It is hairy enough right now with people being evacuated, homes destroyed
and on top of that there is arson and looting by people looking like antifa.

I don't fully agree with but understand the reasons behind suppression of this talking point, at least for now.
What are the alternatives, vigilante death-squads just roaming around and shooting any outsider they see, antifa or innocent hitchhiker alike?
That is probably the alternative and that would just make things worse.

That said, antifa blm and all their supporters have a reckoning waiting for them in due time.

Anyway, the dice has been rolled, antifa and blm has played their part of building their image over the last few years.
Whatever happens, I can see and understand the pushback at them.

• Empathy
Reactions: DJT123

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
Nah fuck the suppression of speech.

Its the same playbook. Smear and censor. And then say if you talk about it their will be violence.

Go watch Elijah or Andy and you will see what BLAMTIFA thinks of free press.

The fact that all discussion of it being them is suppressed makes it immediatly suspect.

It stinks with FB censoring any talk and Portland authorities dont have much credability.

I wont say ya its Antifa but right now there is lots of evidence and more needs to be found.

Reactions: infinitys_7th

TheSadRanger

Sep 5, 2013
Mckinney,TX
Nah fuck the suppression of speech.

Its the same playbook. Smear and censor. And then say if you talk about it their will be violence.

Go watch Elijah or Andy and you will see what BLAMTIFA thinks of free press.

The fact that all discussion of it being them is suppressed makes it immediatly suspect.

It stinks with FB censoring any talk and Portland authorities dont have much credability.

I wont say ya its Antifa but right now there is lots of evidence and more needs to be found.
I suspect that out of the thirty some odd deaths. In which only a handful of those have had the details divulged by the media.

That I wouldn't be surprised if some militia groups found some antifa doing some shit in the forest and Jin Roh'd their asses. The reason there's no media story is because it's a random burnt skeleton in the forest.

It would explain why the supposed fuel cans they left for later fires were abandoned and why the camps in Portland are completely empty. I think they had bigger plans for the wild fires but didn't expect much opposition.

Reactions: cryptoadam

diffusionx

Feb 25, 2006

So that guy posted right above this, got released without bail and started 6 more fires before being arrested again.

I don’t know if he is antifa or not. But how the hell would a guy starting fires in the middle of massive wildfires be released without bail? It does not make any sense on its face. It only makes sense if somebody making these decisions has a vested interest in the chaos unfolding. That is the ONLY reason.

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
Well maybe my thinking is shifting and this isn't an ANTIFA cover up, this is a cover up for Kate Brown and her DA's that catch and release criminals like the guy above. ANTIFA is one thing, but imagine the outrage if all these fires are being started by people the cops released or Brown released from prison.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: autoduelist

autoduelist

Gold Member
Aug 30, 2014

Just having matches would mean you get to claim it was for cigarettes [which is true].

It would not be hard to set a wildfire with just matches.

Also, as per that zoom meeting a few posts earlier, the sheriff claimed there were staged gas cans.

It is not hard to come up with a way to first stage a can without a way to start fire ['i ran out of gas, officer' then go back later with just a few matches and no accelerant ['i smoke, officer'].

I am not saying that is what occurred, or that they are related events... just pointing out how easily it could be done.

There were also reports at one point of glasses/jars filled with flammable materials... time bombs, basically, waiting for the sun to focus under the curved glass and start a fire.

frostyxc

Mar 30, 2012
Seattle
frostyxc.tumblr.com

So that guy posted right above this, got released without bail and started 6 more fires before being arrested again.

I don’t know if he is antifa or not. But how the hell would a guy starting fires in the middle of massive wildfires be released without bail? It does not make any sense on its face. It only makes sense if somebody making these decisions has a vested interest in the chaos unfolding. That is the ONLY reason.
Wow, that is aggravating. I really hope the FBI has a file on DA Schmidt a mile long that they will be putting a bow on soon.

Sejan

Sep 28, 2018
Wow, that is aggravating. I really hope the FBI has a file on DA Schmidt a mile long that they will be putting a bow on soon.
It would be nice if the federal government could do something to stop a D.A. that isn’t willing to do his job. The federal government likely can’t do anything other than give federal charges to the people the D.A. refuses to charge. Bail is a right and a crucial part of the innocent until proven guilty equation.

The only hope the fed would have is if they can somehow definitively prove that they are violating someone else’s civil rights by refusing to charge. It’s most likely Not reasonably possible at the moment and the fed may not even have legal standing to make a claim like that.

frostyxc

Mar 30, 2012
Seattle
frostyxc.tumblr.com
It would be nice if the federal government could do something to stop a D.A. that isn’t willing to do his job. The federal government likely can’t do anything other than give federal charges to the people the D.A. refuses to charge. Bail is a right and a crucial part of the innocent until proven guilty equation.

The only hope the fed would have is if they can somehow definitively prove that they are violating someone else’s civil rights by refusing to charge. It’s most likely Not reasonably possible at the moment and the fed may not even have legal standing to make a claim like that.
You're probably right. I'm definitely leaning into some wishful thinking, but maybe he has some skeletons that the feds can go after. Where's the Mafia when you need them to take out the trash when civil society's hands are tied?

oagboghi2

Apr 15, 2018
The national guard should be called in regardless to deter looting and ensure order.

There's really nothing controversial about sending the National Guard in during an emergency like a wildfire.
They won't call them in because they know it won't help the narrative.

FBI, local authorities say there is no basis to believe this conspiracy.
And 3 months ago every leftist on this board said Antifa didn't exist.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sign and cryptoadam

autoduelist

Gold Member
Aug 30, 2014
Other that lighting I’m not sure of any other natural causes.

Spontaneous?
It could be reflections off glass.
Cigarettes. The latter aren’t natural.
Technicallly, I would think a large pile of pine needles could also self combust under very specific conditions... but that would be exceedingly rare.

A bed of dry pine needles and pine resin isn't a fire hazard due to self combustion, but if something else provides the fire.

So yes, lightning, camp fires, arson, accidents [cigarettes out car windows, etc.]. Plus some number of other, normal causes

The media blaming this on 'climate change' when we have so many firebugs being arrested and first hand accounts of fuckery is alarming.

I am being let down by our state of technology. Here we have all the makings of a surveillance police state dystopia, and yet for some reason drones aren't filming riots and we don't have satellites providing instant recognition of hot spots [fires] in wooded areas with emergency units alerted. Or maybe we do, but the tech just isn't there yet.

From 2017:

Up to 90% of forest fires in the US are caused by humans.
Same source says lightning is the major cause of natural fires. Then mentions lava. Then says 'spontaneous combustion' may cause some. So if spontaneous combustion is that far down the list... i think we can safely say it is unlikely to be common this year.

Based on that, and evidence at hand... this seems to me to be an arson spree. I wouldn't be surprised if it is connected to extremists, but not so much as a strategy, but rather, antifa recruits from the dregs of society [which is why there are so many pedos and, possibly, firebugs].

frostyxc

Mar 30, 2012
Seattle
frostyxc.tumblr.com

From august, more climate change.
Aw, man! Who gave Climate a chainsaw? You know how Climate gets when it smells mixed fuel and chain oil! We're just going to have to wait it out, and hope that the chainsaw runs out of gas, or Climate gets tired, I guess.

CloudNull

Oct 14, 2019
Fun fact: Portland has the most toxic air of any city currently. In my area we are sitting at 325 AIQ. Shit is straight toxic. Good news is that the rain should be here in a couple days.

Fires can eat a giant turd.

Reactions: off duty ninja

HeresJohnny

Mar 14, 2018
Fun fact: Portland has the most toxic air of any city currently. In my area we are sitting at 325 AIQ. Shit is straight toxic. Good news is that the rain should be here in a couple days.

They need to put to a vote a law where if a judge releases some fuckstick with no cash bail and the offender does something else while released the judge becomes liable for it.

frostyxc

Mar 30, 2012
Seattle
frostyxc.tumblr.com

To be fair, Portland's air quality wasn't stellar before the fires when the air mainly consisted of patchouli and BO.

MrRogers

Feb 25, 2018
Antifa knew that burning their own cities down was ultimately a fools errand, but now they figured out that burning out rural conservative areas helps propel the "color revolution" they desire. I bet all those former urban conservacucks that thought they could move into the forests and hinterlands to get away from the progs are second guessing and realizing now that they'll have to take the stand at somepoint.

Last edited:

Platinumstorm

Gold Member
Oct 19, 2011
They won't call them in because they know it won't help the narrative.

And 3 months ago every leftist on this board said Antifa didn't exist.
Include me in this. Antifa is not an organization. You can have people who support "Antifa" but it's not an organization.