• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor Antifa is starting fires in Washington and OR

Oct 15, 2019
New York
Include me in this. Antifa is not an organization. You can have people who support "Antifa" but it's not an organization.
Its decentralized into organized cells. Local groups comprised of local members who organize events to reach goals generally outlined in their literature. Just because there is no national hierarchy doesn't mean it isn't an organization. If that were the case, just about every terrorist organization the US has dealt with over the last 2 decades wouldn't be an organization either. Obviously they aren't as dangerous as those were, but the organizational structure is the same.

Last edited:
Reactions: infinitys_7th

TrainedRage

Boss Blue Balls
Feb 3, 2018
USA
I hope they find every single one of these antifa chuds and throw them in jail for a long time.

Antifa will stop at nothing to see America fall. Fuck these terrorists.

diffusionx

Feb 25, 2006
Include me in this. Antifa is not an organization. You can have people who support "Antifa" but it's not an organization.
t is really strange that people believe this. These riots are obviously well funded, planned, and coordinated. The rioters are obviously trained in these sorts of tactics (e.g. when they started bringing out lasers to blind police). The fact that these people are bailed out quickly obviously points to some sort of network in play. There is obviously an infrastructure here, this cannot be denied.

Whether you want to call this network and infrastructure antifa or anything else is irrelevant.

Last edited:

autoduelist

Gold Member
Aug 30, 2014
I know black bloc that are now antifa. They are an organization. Sure, some antifa are loose knit idiots here or there, but in any major city with an antifa component [Portland, Seattle, etc] I can promise you there are organized antifa cells. Know the right person, and there is deep web. Little collective houses here or there, small establishments with likeminded staff, etc.

Why do you think there are branded antifa like Rose City Antifa with well produced websites, financed through branded merch and donations? How do you think these things are administered? How do you think targets are chosen?

It is not one random dude printing up 'let's go to the courthouse tonight', then another random dude printing a flier for 'lets go to the police station tonight!'. If it were, you'd get conflicting calls for action every night, and nobody would know where to go and it would fall apart.

Rather, each area has a loose organizational structure with cult of personality leaders and relatively anarchistic decision making structures. These are groups of friends and conspirators that have been in activist circles for years and know each other well, and do not trust outsiders. They recruit from other activist organizations like, say, Code Pink. Find like minded activists, vet them over a few months or years, radicalize them [they would see this as just educating them], keep an eye on the more aggressive males and other useful idiots, etc and point them at an obstacle when required.

Many in the core groups are experienced - they have backgrounds in eco- or -animal activism groups like the Earth Liberation Front or Animal Liberation Front that have engaged in direct action like Arson for decades [example, see Tre Arrow's arson in Portland].

A really short article i just found listing just some of these groups past activities:

Many who show up to protests are only loosely affiliated and not in the inner circles - the type that just get the fliers and spread the fliers. Tactics within riots are well documented. They use a 'diversity of tactics', but that just means they let the useful idiots fill whatever position they want... some justice warrior may feel like they are defending the world by holding a shield line, another aggro 25 year old male might be handed a brick, another person scared of the front lines might volunteer to make shields or food. These loose knit tactics have been developed for a long time in black bloc circles.

Anyway. Like I have said, I know and have known these people. I come from a very far left background, and if I didn't straight up reject violence against communities and individuals as justifiable 'action' there's a chance I could have been swept up into this bullshit in my younger years. Instead, I learned long ago these people are fanatical fuckheads that try to one up themselves talking about throwing suburbanites out of their houses.

But they are definitely organized. Not traditionally top down, and intentionally hidden, but organized. That said, I would think they fuck up enough that the Feds have tracked their networks through communication and finance networks.

Last edited:

CloudNull

Oct 14, 2019

They are saying it is fake. The messaging is real and there is 100% proof that a lot of these fires are man made. I still haven't found any true propaganda praising the wildfires or pushing for more. There are one off accounts but nothing coming directly from the main Antifa accounts. There could be talk on different communication channels that I am not aware of.

This shit is terrible. I haven't been able to leave the house for a week and the AQI finally dropped from Hazardous in the Portland area. I think no matter what side people align with they are scared. It feels like living in a post apocalyptic world. The above twitter group is still advocating for protesting at Ice soon as this shit clears but for now I see a lot of people trying to help the people affected by this.

A lot of people don't have a way to escape the smoke.

CloudNull

Oct 14, 2019

From august, more climate change.

Downed powerlines started 13 of the fires. Anybody know the average of power lines falling over during a wind storm? It was windy but this seems high to me.

• Triggered
Reactions: autoduelist

LOLCats

Sep 5, 2013

Downed powerlines started 13 of the fires. Anybody know the average of power lines falling over during a wind storm? It was windy but this seems high to me.
Fwiw it was a major windstorm without rain during fire season. Ive lived here nearly my whole my whole life and have never seen it ever.

during normal Oregon windstorms they come from the ocean and bring a lot if rain. And lots of power lines go down.

this storm took down power in every single town, when the power went out i checked the pge outage map and it was everywhere, my power was out 10 hours, that in itself never happens, its usually 3 hours at most from downed trees on lines.

basically no one is surprised about the lines going down, but maybe providers could have shutdown power sooner, since it was such an extreme event.

the windstorm also lasted over 2 days, don't want to sound cliche, but it was really a historic event.

Last edited:
  • Thoughtful
Reactions: CloudNull

CloudNull

Oct 14, 2019
Fwiw it was a major windstorm without rain during fire season. Ive lived here nearly my whole my whole life and have never seen it ever.

during normal Oregon windstorms they come from the ocean and bring a lot if rain. And lots of power lines go down.

this storm took down power in every single town, when the power went out i checked the pge outage map and it was everywhere, my power was out 10 hours, that in itself never happens, its usually 3 hours at most from downed trees on lines.

basically no one is surprised about the lines going down, but maybe providers could have shutdown power sooner, since it was such an extreme event.
Sounds like its totally possible then. Thanks for the perspective.

LOLCats

Sep 5, 2013
Last edited:

CloudNull

Oct 14, 2019
Reactions: LOLCats

#Phonepunk#

Sep 4, 2018
“Every act of will is an act of self-limitation. To desire action is to desire limitation. In that sense, every act is an act of self-sacrifice. When you choose anything, you reject everything else... Every act is an irrevocable selection and exclusion. Just as when you marry one woman you give up all the others, so when you take one course of action you give up all the other courses… Art is limitation; the essence of every picture is the frame. If you draw a giraffe, you must draw him with a long neck. If, in your bold creative way, you hold yourself free to draw a giraffe with a short neck, you will really find that you are not free to draw a giraffe. The moment you step into the world of facts, you step into a world of limits. You can free things from alien or accidental laws, but not from the laws of their own nature. You may, if you like, free a tiger from his bars; but do not free him from his stripes. Do not free a camel from the burden of his hump; you may be freeing him from being a camel. Do not go about as a demagogue, encouraging triangles to break out of the prison of their three sides. If a triangle breaks out of its three sides, its life comes to a lamentable end. Somebody wrote a work called “The Loves of the Triangles”; I never read it, but I am sure that if triangles ever were loved, they were loved for being triangular. This is certainly the case with all artistic creation, which is in some ways the most decisive example of pure will. The artist loves his limitations: they constitute the thing he is doing.”

― G.K. Chesterton, Orthodoxy

Last edited:

betrayal

Feb 2, 2018
Antifa has never done anything positive for anybody. In the end it doesn't matter if Antifa is a fascist and racist organization or ideology. All symbols and associations with antifa should be forbidden and if used, should be punished as a criminal offence.

autoduelist

Gold Member
Aug 30, 2014

They are saying it is fake. The messaging is real and there is 100% proof that a lot of these fires are man made. I still haven't found any true propaganda praising the wildfires or pushing for more. There are one off accounts but nothing coming directly from the main Antifa accounts. There could be talk on different communication channels that I am not aware of.

This shit is terrible. I haven't been able to leave the house for a week and the AQI finally dropped from Hazardous in the Portland area. I think no matter what side people align with they are scared. It feels like living in a post apocalyptic world. The above twitter group is still advocating for protesting at Ice soon as this shit clears but for now I see a lot of people trying to help the people affected by this.

A lot of people don't have a way to escape the smoke.
I guess the antifa youth brigade didn't get the message:

Sauce:

How idiotic do you have to be to post 'spread fire' as a call to action when the PNW is still dealing with this nightmare?

Oh, that's right. They are that idiotic.

CloudNull

Oct 14, 2019
I guess the antifa youth brigade didn't get the message:

Sauce:

How idiotic do you have to be to post 'spread fire' as a call to action when the PNW is still dealing with this nightmare?

Oh, that's right. They are that idiotic.
Holy shit. I love how they have spread fire in the middle of their slogan. It gives them deniability to the normies who don’t follow what’s going on.

And of course they start protesting soon as the air quality drops under hazardous.... I hate these people.

Reactions: autoduelist

diffusionx

Feb 25, 2006
about how clueless you are, or what
The idea that all these people around the country are doing these things in service to an "ideology" spontaneously doesn't make any sense. Just because there isn't a 501c3 registered "Antifa foundation" doesn't mean that it isn't an organization. There isn't an organization named "Mafia Inc" but the FBI still spent decades infiltrating and dismantling the mafia.

Somebody is obviously funding these riots. The rioters have supplies, food ("riot ribs"), medical equipment, etc. Somebody is obviously planning these things, coordinating them, amplifying them on social media, training the rioters in these tactics that were deployed in the various middle eastern color revolutions. FBI spouting garbage tier blue checkmark propaganda about antifa doesn't make any sense.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: CloudNull