• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'Antifa' the Video Game Wants to Teach Gamers About Antifascism

brap

Banned
Welcome to Dumpland, where Humpel Dumpty rules supreme! Reigning from the thousands of televisions scattered across the land, Dumpty has deployed his henchmen to imprison swathes of the population in impenetrable darkness. As “Antifa,” our gas-mask-wearing, Molotov-cocktail-wielding hero, you know what you must do: free the people by smashing Dumpty’s TVs and crushing—literally—his prison guards by jumping on their heads.
Antifa was created by a developer who goes by the pseudonym Wobby Dev. Released for free on itch.io, a popular platform for independent video games, the Super Mario World-style side-scroller is meant to be a friendly introduction to antifascism for gamers who might otherwise only know the movement from sensational media coverage.
“The impulse behind making the game Antifa was simply a perceived lack of overtly antifascist computer games,” Wobbly Dev said. “Due in large part to a general misunderstanding of the historical and contemporary importance of the antifascist movement, I wanted to make a game which was approachable, cute, and unabashedly antifascist in its content.”
Players can enjoy Antifa as they would any classic video game, breaking boxes to earn bonuses, jumping on enemies to squish them, and facing a boss at the end of each level. But the game’s politics are equally apparent. In the world designed by Wobbly Dev, the player must defeat an orange-faced tyrant who blathers on the television, beckoning his followers to do his dirty work. It’s not a far cry from what antifascists across the United States have been saying since the 2016 presidential election—namely that Trump is fueling a new wave of fascism that must be confronted by everyday people if it’s to be defeated.

Jubenhimer

The complete Irony of Antifa is that they fail to realize their own actions and behaviors are fascistic. These are people who wear Gas Masks and Skull bandanas over their faces, disrepecting veterans and causing violence and destruction in their wake, and they have the gall to claim they're the good guys? Give me a fucking break!

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
8hjgiSb.jpg

Keihart

breaking boxes to earn bonuses, jumping on enemies to squish them, and facing a boss at the end of each level
Sounds like a typical Antifa manifestation right? breaking shit, assaulting people because they have different opinions and defying whoever is in charge to keep the public order.

ANTIFA are a domestic terrorist organization. I have openly declared before that if a masked person comes at me, I am shooting them in self defense. Period. If you have to put a MASK on then obviously you’re the bad guy. Dumb fucks.
And don’t block traffic because I will hit you with my car and laugh about it.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Well, go ahead, I guess.

If I let you have your games about domestic terrorism groups that claim to be good guys, you need to let me have my loli sex games.

Virex

Banned
This is some of the most retarded shit I've ever seen. What a load of shit and the fact that someone actually took the time to make it is even more retarded. But I also feel this thread should be in politics and not in actual game discussion. Is there no place or forum just to enjoy discussing games without some form of politics being shoved down your throat.

Last edited:

Virex

Banned
No. Retards have to shove politics in games now. If this thread isn't allowed here then neither should wolfenstein, tlou, etc.
You....you.....can't say retard. MY FEELINGS! As for games by sjw devs not being allowed here. That would be pure heaven. But I can tell you one thing, once all this sjw shit blows over and some form of reality and normalcy returns to these people and the world. They will act like nothing happened and will just continue making games without the ideology and pretend they were never trying to force this shit down our throats and that's the part that we don't let them get away with.

Alternatively I hope the 2nd video game crash happens very soon. Can only bring positive change

Lokaum D+

We have here in Brazil the "Bolsonaro 2K18" that is a game about the president fighting antifa, comunists, femminist and goes on

Last edited:

H4ze

WTF is this shit, Antifa can fuck right off, they are not better than those fascist they seem to hate so much

Saruhashi

Banned
Ha. This is great.

Reminds me of the AVGN episodes about Bible Games:

Just so completely awful. :)

I love how the Vice article gives the game coverage as if it is a legitimate game that tons of gamers are going to get their hands on.

They literally only have one level at the moment and they also have the balls to name drop Super Mario as a game it's similar to. Hahahaha.

"Antifa is certainly no revolution in indie games, but it succeeds on its own terms: bringing overt antifascism to gamers."
Hahahahaha. OK. How many people will actually ever play this?

I think I'd rather just stick with the user levels on Mario Maker.

Will there be a level where I can beat up a senior citizen, block people from getting to work in the morning and leave piles of garbage everywhere I go? At the end of the game does my 35 year old character get to go home and tell xir's mom xhe hates her before slamming xher door and crying?

I want my piece of shit simulator to be as authentic as possible.

Last edited:

zeorhymer

Um...this is nothing new. You had a game about Noah's Ark, WW 1 and 2, some game that kills all gays, and a bunch of other stuff that I don't feel like digging up. Feels like another Hatred or Postal click bait.

Top Bottom