• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hi Guest. We've rebooted and consolidated our Communities section, so be sure to check it out and subscribe to some threads. Thanks!

Antonio Brown cancelled

demigod

Apr 17, 2007
Wow he got owned. He was supposed to receive the $5 million bonus on Monday. So he's only made $158,333. Suck it AB!

natjjohn

Oct 15, 2007
You can tell BB wasn’t having any more of that nonsense after the press conference this morning where people wouldn’t stop asking AB questions. Just got rid of him and don’t blame them. Dude is a 🤡.
Agree! After that conference seemed like a done deal AB would be gone. Could tell Bill was on tilt. The whole season would’ve been that constantly. Now, probably just the next couple press conferences.

Nobody_Important

Gold Member
May 22, 2018
I am sure the NFLPA will fight hard for him to get the signing bonus but it sounds like the Pats have a pretty good case as far as voiding it
Yeah there is no way he gets that 5 million. The Pats have several legitimate examples to choose from of him violating the personal conduct policy in order to justify cutting him.

Reactions: Chunk Loves Sloth

Corrik

Jan 20, 2018
Pittsburgh
I think the signing bonus being withheld is super questionable. From what I understand, the language says if he does something to miss games, it could be voided. However, he didn't do anything "in theory" yet because he hasn't been put on the exempt list or suspended yet. And, won't be unless signed by another team. So, I think he could have a legitimate argument.

That said, screw AB. He killed one of my fantasy teams.

• Triggered
Reactions: Nester99

Corrik

Jan 20, 2018
Pittsburgh
You dont need to be suspended to violate the conduct clause
The clause I read in regards to it was stated as I said above. Whether it was reported wrong, is its own possibility.

Edit:

"According to ESPN's Jeremy Fowler, the Pats are not obligated to pay him the signing bonus due to a "contract clause calling for players to disclose situations preventing availability." "

His availability hasn't actually been prevented as of now though because he was released and can't be exempted or suspended due to that.

Last edited:

highrider

Dec 18, 2010
washington d.c.
Unless you are filing criminal charges I really have no reason to believe this or any other similar accusation. But I understand the tactics of going the civil/social route. Why deal with all that pesky scrutiny from the cops and having to prove stuff.

demigod

Apr 17, 2007
AB is done for, I don’t see any team picking him up. He’s whining about the owners taking away his signing bonus. Dude and his agent are stupid, should’ve shut his mouth. It’s what the lawyers always tells you to do.

Only way I see him getting that money is if he had some dirt on the pats. Goodluck getting that money.

Chunk Loves Sloth

Formerly 'JareBear'
Nov 5, 2016
I don't care where (just far)
The moment everything changed for AB84:
It really is wild that he started coming unhinged after this hit. If you follow the entire timeline it seemed like you didn't start hearing a lot of noise until after this game.

Brain trauma is nothing to fuck with, I don't wish the guy ill. He seems like a really POS but if he needs help I hope he gets it

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Mar 5, 2009
This guy has got to be one of the dumbest athletes to come around in a long time.

oagboghi2

Apr 15, 2018
It really is wild that he started coming unhinged after this hit. If you follow the entire timeline it seemed like you didn't start hearing a lot of noise until after this game.

Brain trauma is nothing to fuck with, I don't wish the guy ill. He seems like a really POS but if he needs help I hope he gets it
no, there are of stories of AB fucking up prior to this, including fighting the steelers DC. Tomlin just covered them up