• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Antonio Brown cancelled

I hate to sound like this woman doesnt deserve her day in court if the sexual assault allegations are true but why is she suing him civilly instead of filing criminal charges and why speak up now only after he has been the spotlight lately. Both sides should just stop talking and let independent investors deal with proper investigation and hold whoever's is guilty accountable whether it be him for assault or her for false accusations
criminal accusations of rape after the fact are nearly impossible to prove, outside of video evidence/confession they basically never happen due to the lack of bodily fluids that are no longer on/in the victim. rape cases being handled in civil are not uncommon, particularly when some time has passed and especially when they involve a high profile person like AB. it sounds like she's trying to ride a gravy train and have a payday but that's ultimately up to the court system to decide and regardless I would hope nothing would happen to the man until a court decision has been made.

went about exactly as expected

Shady sexual assault accusations are sadly nothing new these days, but a public figure speaking like that to anyone is startling and downright appalling.

Which makes me question the education. I don't think Antonio Brown is an idiot... Well, I do, but I thought so prior to reading these emails. If this was a random person that never got a chance of getting proper education then this would be a non-issue, but that's not it. Here in Brazil I went to college with A LOT of borderline illiterate people (and they graduated too!), so this isn't an indication of the american system. It feels like education is messed up worldwide, people are using it solely as a means of making money. Which is fine I guess, but it could be used for starting your career AND making sure you never muster up the phrase "make sure u all hoes pick the right man dum ass hoes" ever again.

During my first year of university I sat next to someone who is now a fairly famous basketball player. It was an English 101 type class and one of our papers had a fairly small portion of our grade allotted to a peer review of a fellow student's paper. I gave that man a 50 and even that was generous. Incomplete sentences, incoherent rambling, formatting was messed up, poor grammar and syntax, etc. Any 4th grader could have written a better paper. The professor gave him a weekend-long extension and let me have another go at it and the paper I graded that Monday was one of the most immaculate pieces of writing I had ever seen. 5 pages of an incredible critique over a recent book he had read that had me pulling out a thesaurus. The difference between the two papers was night and day. I brought it up with the professor and she just gave me an uncomfortable smile and said not to worry about it and then gave me an extra 5 points on my paper as well. Colleges will break every rule they can because these athletes are huge money makers for them.

Last edited:
During my first year of university I sat next to someone who is now a fairly famous basketball player. It was an English 101 type class and one of our papers had a fairly small portion of our grade allotted to a peer review of a fellow student's paper. I gave that man a 50 and even that was generous. Incomplete sentences, incoherent rambling, formatting was messed up, poor grammar and syntax, etc. Any 4th grader could have written a better paper. The professor gave him a weekend-long extension and let me have another go at it and the paper I graded that Monday was one of the most immaculate pieces of writing I had ever seen. 5 pages of an incredible critique over a recent book he had read that had me pulling out a thesaurus. The difference between the two papers was night and day. I brought it up with the professor and she just gave me an uncomfortable smile and said not to worry about it and then gave me an extra 5 points on my paper as well. Colleges will break every rule they can because these athletes are huge money makers for them.

Wow, that's seriously fucked up. I guess I'm being naive here, but I want to believe that for every moron like that, there's at least one kid who's serious about his education. For every Antonio Brown, there's probably a Richard Sherman. You know, some guy who came out of a fucked up situation thanks to sport and made the most of his education to at least sound like an actual grown man. Someone who can present to you a rational thought. Maybe that guy never makes it to the pros, but he had no shot at fucking anything without the education he received.

But it's hard to read "u never left my house since u had hotel" and not get a bit cynical about that.

Corrik

criminal accusations of rape after the fact are nearly impossible to prove, outside of video evidence/confession they basically never happen due to the lack of bodily fluids that are no longer on/in the victim. rape cases being handled in civil are not uncommon, particularly when some time has passed and especially when they involve a high profile person like AB. it sounds like she's trying to ride a gravy train and have a payday but that's ultimately up to the court system to decide and regardless I would hope nothing would happen to the man until a court decision has been made.

went about exactly as expected

I was more impressed he tried to do it himself the first time. Give him credit for trying! Lol

womfalcs3

Banned
It feels to me like New England was moving along smoothly, until they brought in distractions with Antonio Brown. It'd be interesting to see if this distraction affects them in future games.

They didn't even need him. Totally self-inflicted.

Last edited:

mckmas8808

Banned
It feels to me like New England was moving along smoothly, until they brought in distractions with Antonio Brown. It'd be interesting to see if this distraction affects them in future games.

They didn't even need him. Totally self-inflicted.

The Pats play better with distractions. It's happened a billion times already.

1. Spy-Gate
2. Double Murderer on their team
3. Deflate-Gate
4. Their owner with his Prostitutio-Gate scandal
5. etc, etc, etc.

Belichick and the Pats love being hated and they love when the media brings up the pitchforks and tiki torches.

NickFire

If you force yourself then yeah it's understandable, it's also excusable if he was drinking when he sent the email which is not something I considered when I first read it. Then again, I still think we should expect better from someone who received college tuition, it's like our standards have gotten lower and lower and the younger generations are coming out stupider and stupider.
Wasn't he basically texting or emailing a side woman with references to his baby's mother? I'd say that being so little of the focus is much more representative of our current standards than his care for proper sentences in that context. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

mckmas8808

Banned
Wasn't he basically texting or emailing a side woman with references to his baby's mother? I'd say that being so little of the focus is much more representative of our current standards than his care for proper sentences in that context. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

I don't think he knows who the side woman in that exchange was. She was a friend of the alleged victim.

NickFire

I don't think he knows who the side woman in that exchange was. She was a friend of the alleged victim.
Well now I don't know either. :messenger_tears_of_joy: But I'm pretty sure he and his people claim the alleged victim was too. In fact, I am positive they came out immediately and said they were banging consensually (paraphrasing), which is the only thing that makes sense here in my opinion, She was most likely one of many side pieces, and is raging / looking to score a pay day after he stopped giving a darn.

mckmas8808

Banned
Well now I don't know either. :messenger_tears_of_joy: But I'm pretty sure he and his people claim the alleged victim was too. In fact, I am positive they came out immediately and said they were banging consensually (paraphrasing), which is the only thing that makes sense here in my opinion, She was most likely one of many side pieces, and is raging / looking to score a pay day after he stopped giving a darn.

She was 100% a side piece. That they said and logic pretty much assures us. How the alleged victim's fiance feels about all of this is another story. She was dating her fiance at the time all this happened. They are getting married in two days.

Last edited:

NickFire

She was 100% a side piece. That they said and logic pretty much assures us. How the alleged victim's fiance feels about all of this is another story. She was dating her fiance at the time all this happened. They are getting married in two days.
And that right there says it all. She's so upset about his transgressions that she doesn't have him charged with a crime for two years, and instead draws as much attention to her allegation as possible right before her wedding? Nothing says victim more than getting your wedding guests to talk about that time some other guy jizzed on you back.

Last edited:

That's gotta be an awkward wedding. One of those "no one is saying it, but everyone knows everyone else is thinking it" situations, I imagine?

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
Just saw this come across my Twitter feed. Figured it would be of interest to people in here.

Last edited:

Taedar

Neo Member
Just saw this come across my Twitter feed. Figured it would be of interest to people in here.

https://nypost.com/2019/09/16/anton...JEAQ&usg=AOvVaw3SpSS3tg6xaqHxlEdOiQrU&ampcf=1

Taedar

Neo Member
"Page not found"

Nobody_Important

Yeah they covered that in the SI article. The sexual assault and misconduct allegations aside the guy has a clear history of being shit at paying his bills. Which is strange considering the guy is worth millions.

Last edited:

mckmas8808

Banned

That video clearly shows that he apologized to the doctor. This isn't even close to being bad.

Nobody_Important

That video clearly shows that he apologized to the doctor. This isn't even close to being bad.
From what I can tell the whole doctor thing is about the least offensive thing that the Sports Illustrated article covers. I would be more concerned about him hitting on the artist that he hired while being butt naked and him throwing furniture out of 14th story windows.

mckmas8808

Banned
From what I can tell the whole doctor thing is about the least offensive thing that the Sports Illustrated article covers. I would be more concerned about him hitting on the artist that he hired while being butt naked and him throwing furniture out of 14th story windows.

The NFL knew about the furniture thing and didn't do anything. It was settled. That's done. But yeah that artist thing is not a good look. That could be a problem.

Nobody_Important

The NFL knew about the furniture thing and didn't do anything. It was settled. That's done. But yeah that artist thing is not a good look. That could be a problem.

Yeah I have never heard of most of the things in the article. I knew about the Doctor thing and obviously heard about the assault allegations, but the situation with the artist and the stories involving his girlfriend starts to paint a picture of a guy who has a behavior problem when it comes to women. And that is something that the NFL is not gonna take lightly.

Thabass

Yeah, he's probably a shit head.

...But he's my shithead and goddamn I wanna see him play with Brady and Belichick.

Jaxx_377

Neo Member
This guy is obviously a bit of a jerk and I hate to defend him but the doctor situation is just stupid and didn't need to be known and how is there a video of a medical procedure. That alone is suspicious to me and could cost someone medical license. And as for the paintergoes. that situation that could easily just be misconstrued on her part. She doesnt detail anything he actually did or said other than talking to her in a towel. In context that could be very innocent or very creepy, but neither of those 2 things appear to even newsworthy

All the stuff that has popped up in the last couple days, on top of the original allegations, are a really bad look for AB

I still don't know if he's a rapist, but he definitely is a piece of shit person. The recent reports shed some light on a very dark place that is the AB bubble

Does he get to keep his signing bonus?

I think so? I would imagine unless there was some clever language in the contract

Sounds like he needs it too, sounds like he owes a lot of people money

Last edited:
Also, as I mentioned earlier, this dude is not very savvy whatsoever

Why on Earth would you be sending anyone any sort of negative text in light of what is going on? You would think this dude would have people screaming in his year "LAY LOW FOR AWHILE"

Some people don't understand the value of staying off the grid for a time, head down, mouth shut

Last edited:
Good for the Patriots. They're still cheaters and Tom Brady can eat a bag of dicks, but good for them for doing the right thing here. Regardless of whether or not he's a rapist, Brown needs to get his head straight before he can play in the league.

Wonder if Billy B or the Krafts made the call. Way to go AB, hope you banked some of your millions, but something tells me you probably didn't.

The text message he sent with the picture of her kids is what finally put it over the top for the league, IMO

The NFL/teams act when there are visuals and that is a terrible visual

What a fucking ridiculous move on AB's part, to basically threaten someones children?

He is full blown radioactive right now, I honestly wonder if anyone will sign him, ever again. Is he full on done in the NFL> now?

Last edited:
One of the most interesting things for me is one of the NFL Network dudes saying "Mike Tomlin told me there were SO many things they had to cover up in Pittsburg." I wonder what all went down behind the scenes with AB there

One of the most interesting things for me is one of the NFL Network dudes saying "Mike Tomlin told me there were SO many things they had to cover up in Pittsburg." I wonder what all went down behind the scenes with AB there

I have little doubt that he's a total piece of shit, his fall has been meteoric. People, especially sports stars with titanic egos, really should listen to their attorney.

NYR

You can tell BB wasn’t having any more of that nonsense after the press conference this morning where people wouldn’t stop asking AB questions. Just got rid of him and don’t blame them. Dude is a 🤡.

The NFL/teams act when there are visuals

humpy.0.gif

n0razi

Why on Earth would you be sending anyone any sort of negative text in light of what is going on? You would think this dude would have people screaming in his year "LAY LOW FOR AWHILE"

Some people don't understand the value of staying off the grid for a time, head down, mouth shut

Sometimes, its that 'dont give a fuck' attitude that brought them success in the first place.... Especially for people in the entertainment industry. Look at Trump for example.

Last edited:

Nobody_Important

I assume most of it was the stuff from the Sports Illustrated article. The guy has a history of problems when it comes to women and obviously has problems controlling his temper. That's not a good combination. I don't blame the Pats one bit for cutting him.

Last edited:
Top Bottom