• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Antonio Brown cancelled

Corrik

That is a ridiculous assessment. You still have Jordy Nelson who can play, Seth Roberts who is clutch and Jared Cook that has Carr has good chemistry with.

Cooper's inconsistent play made him a poor number 1 receiver, who couldn't dare the secondary to take him seriously. With Brown, the raiders are able to run a more aggressive offense, and should perform much better on 3rd downs.
I'll bet you anything both Brown and Shuster's numbers drop this year from last.

I'll bet you anything both Brown and Shuster's numbers drop this year from last.

I mean for sure. Shuster had 111 catches and 1400+ yards. That’s a monstrous year. Brown went 100+ 1200+ and 15 TDs, yardage and catches that’s standard for him and that’s a monstrous TD number

Last edited:
Brincos sign some tackle from the Dolphins I’ve never heard

40 mil deal, 30 mil guaranteed according to radio

Yikes. Just a few years ago we didn’t re-sign the very good Orlando Franklin and all he fetched elsewhere was 25 mil total.

Crazy how the market escalates year to year

Huge money in rheee contracts for average players

Big names like Earl Thomas, Suh, Bell still available.

Edit

Jets signed CJ Mosley, Top LB in FA

5 years, 82 million from what I read

Last edited:

greyshark

The Bears just about doubled their available cap space through restructures of Mack and Goldman’s contracts. Combine that with the likely departures of Amos and Callahan - Chicago is planning on making a big splash. Looks like 2019 is an all in year, depending on the signing they will be in salary cap hell in 2020.

Broncos are finding out why it’s hard to build around a generational defensive player.

Von Miller gets QB money, 24 mil this year, and we also have 24 mil locked up between Flacco and the dead hit from Keenum’s contract.

We just don’t have the room we need thins year.

mckmas8808

Banned
Broncos are finding out why it’s hard to build around a generational defensive player.

Von Miller gets QB money, 24 mil this year, and we also have 24 mil locked up between Flacco and the dead hit from Keenum’s contract.

We just don’t have the room we need thins year.

Thanks for paying my team for the Keenum contract lol. :messenger_winking_tongue:

CB Bradley Roby joins the Texans on a one year, 10 million deal

C Matt Paradis joins Panthers on 3 year, 27 mil deal

Both guys we were expected to lose.

Roby joins a growing list of Elway top draft picks that either were cut or didn’t get re-signed by team

Last edited:

NickFire

There absouletely was a market for AB. A 3rd and 5th rounder is what you get, when the President of the team says "we aren't keeping him and want to trade him" even though he was under contract. They helped lower the market for him.
That was definitely, IMO, the biggest albatross around their neck in these talks. Very few people pay market value to desperate men. But I do think the expectation he would not report without a big payday, the Steeler's known desire to avoid sending him somewhere in division, and his age (ties into big payday) played a role too. But the desperation was the biggest factor.

As an aside, and not sure if its true, but I heard somewhere that Pittsburg was sending a 6th round pick back to Raiders.

greyshark

Bears to sign Corderelle Patterson on a 2 year $10 million deal - why so much for a guy who’s primary contribution last year was special teams?

bucyou

Odell beckham traded to the Browns!

"Adam Schefter of ESPN reports that the Giants will receive the Browns’ first-round pick, No. 17 overall, along with a third-round pick and safety Jabrill Peppers. The third-round pick is No. 95 overall and came to the Browns from the Patriots in exchange for defensive tackle Danny Shelton. "

Odell beckham traded to the Browns!

"Adam Schefter of ESPN reports that the Giants will receive the Browns’ first-round pick, No. 17 overall, along with a third-round pick and safety Jabrill Peppers. The third-round pick is No. 95 overall and came to the Browns from the Patriots in exchange for defensive tackle Danny Shelton. "

WOW.....WOW

That team is gonna be a nightmare to face in Madden next year.

Bears to sign Corderelle Patterson on a 2 year $10 million deal - why so much for a guy who’s primary contribution last year was special teams?

The crazy thing is, as much money as that is, it's a bargain compared to what everyone else is getting this free agency.

Insane contracts going around

bucyou

2 things im watching tomorrow

#1 if leveon bells agent uses an imaginary offer from baltimore to drive up the price to the jets.

#2 even though deals can be made, contracts cant be signed until after 4pm est tomorrow. Curious to see if any of these players back out of signing, although it has already happened with Barr agreed w/ terms to the Jets only to backtrack and resign with the vikings

Really interesting trade, regarding OBJ.

I wonder if he had worn out his welcome somewhat behind the scenes.

All signs point to the Giants drafting Haskins from Ohio State with the third pick. Maybe they go WR with the pick they got for Beckham and for me young trio with Barkley.

greyshark

Really interesting trade, regarding OBJ.

I wonder if he had worn out his welcome somewhat behind the scenes.

All signs point to the Giants drafting Haskins from Ohio State with the third pick. Maybe they go WR with the pick they got for Beckham and for me young trio with Barkley.

Personally I think it's a sign of bad leadership - they made a decision with signing OBJ last year and have quickly waffled on it. Maybe they went all in on Eli thinking he still had a few good years left and are panicking after a poor 2018. I thought things were looking up for the Giants the way the season ended for them, but now they're blowing things up.

mckmas8808

Banned
Personally I think it's a sign of bad leadership - they made a decision with signing OBJ last year and have quickly waffled on it. Maybe they went all in on Eli thinking he still had a few good years left and are panicking after a poor 2018. I thought things were looking up for the Giants the way the season ended for them, but now they're blowing things up.

AND they are paying Eli Manning like $23 million against the cap this coming up season.

What do you all make of this theory becoming more popular by the day that Cardinals are gonna take Kyler Murray with the first pick and trade Rosen, their first round pick from last season, for whatever they can get?

The seed for this seems to be planted by comments made by new Cardinals Head Coach Kliff Kingsbury while he was still coaching Texas Tech. He basically praised Murray and predicted he’ll dominate in the NFL, or something like that. Well fast forward anyway and Kliff has control of the first pick, with Murray right there.

It would be pretty uncommon to give up on Rosen so quickly. Rosen wasn’t great as a rookie but had some flashes, and in fairness to him, that team was god awful. There’s a reason that staff got gutted.

mckmas8808

Banned
What do you all make of this theory becoming more popular by the day that Cardinals are gonna take Kyler Murray with the first pick and trade Rosen, their first round pick from last season, for whatever they can get?

The seed for this seems to be planted by comments made by new Cardinals Head Coach Kliff Kingsbury while he was still coaching Texas Tech. He basically praised Murray and predicted he’ll dominate in the NFL, or something like that. Well fast forward anyway and Kliff has control of the first pick, with Murray right there.

It would be pretty uncommon to give up on Rosen so quickly. Rosen wasn’t great as a rookie but had some flashes, and in fairness to him, that team was god awful. There’s a reason that staff got gutted.

I think it would be smart of them to do that. The new coach really likes Kyler and as long as they get at least a 2nd round pick for Rosen then it's fair. What really sucks is that the Cardinals gave up picks last year in order to get Rosen in the first place lol.

NickFire

If he ends up backing up Brady for 1-3 years it could work out really well for Rosen. Could still be a bust, but great opportunity no matter what.

I see Bell getting killed on social media. His contract isn’t the historical haul he had probably hoped for, and he sat out last year missing out on 14 mil. People are subtracted that from his 34 mil guaranteed in New York, basically saying he turned down 14 mil just to make 20 mil.

I’m surprised he got less than Gurley.

mckmas8808

Banned
I see Bell getting killed on social media. His contract isn’t the historical haul he had probably hoped for, and he sat out last year missing out on 14 mil. People are subtracted that from his 34 mil guaranteed in New York, basically saying he turned down 14 mil just to make 20 mil.

I’m surprised he got less than Gurley.

Those people on Social Media are stupid then. They aren't taking into context the following....

1. He gets hurt last season
2. He has 400 touches (running and catching combined) and no team wanting to give him over $30 million guaranteed due to RB mileage
3. He controlled his own destiny. He didn't want a pro team telling him what he "HAD" to do. He did want he wanted and values that more than just pure cash.

Alot of those people that are killing him on social want the current construct of the NFL to stay in place. They don't want the players to take control of their own careers.

bucyou

Also Browns Kareem Hunt suspended 8 games under the NFL conduct policy

I never thought I would say this, but the Browns offense could be one of the most exciting in the league next season.

greyshark

3 years $21 million for Callahan - surprised he got less than Amos. Is injury concerns must have driven down his market value. Great signing for Denver.

The minor is his own kid. I'm going to wait for the reports to iron out, before I form an opinion.

What I read involves a broken arm. Of course I’m not going to decide his guilt or innocence already but I think it’s fair to point out he has a bit of a track record against him.

Don’t get me wrong. We’ll see what happens

The more I watch of Bryce Callahan the more I am excited about the signing. I am more pumped for Callahan than I am for Kareem Jackson enough Jackson was "the bigger name."

I think Jackson will play more safety for us than CB, and Callahan can stay inside, moving Chris Harris Jr. outside. I like that setup

greyshark

The more I watch of Bryce Callahan the more I am excited about the signing. I am more pumped for Callahan than I am for Kareem Jackson enough Jackson was "the bigger name."

I think Jackson will play more safety for us than CB, and Callahan can stay inside, moving Chris Harris Jr. outside. I like that setup

Callahan is amazing - only knock was he could never stay healthy. He could end up being a huge bargain for the Broncos if he stays on the field.

Top Bottom