Any gun owners lurking...

Jan 15, 2013
My Form 1 and Form 4 packet arrived with the ATF and I've been charged for my stamps, now I just have to wait ~8 months until they get to them to process.

brett_me

Neo Member
Mar 9, 2018
Got some optics for that naked AR. Vortex Strikefire II red dot and the... jumble of letters 3x magnifier they make
Idk if you've used the optic before, but it's awesome. I'd like to run a magnifier with it some day, but not while I'm running an A2 front probably.

Plus I don't want to re-boresight it once I move it forward.

Jan 15, 2013
Idk if you've used the optic before, but it's awesome. I'd like to run a magnifier with it some day, but not while I'm running an A2 front probably.

Plus I don't want to re-boresight it once I move it forward.
I got it sighted in and put another hundred or so rounds through it, great combo, especially since my eyes are crap.

Jan 15, 2013
May 2, 2013
Nah. The goal was to make firearms that most people can afford, as the right to own guns crosses income brackets. If a Hi-Point is what someone can afford, then that's that. I'm not gonna look down on them.

Jan 15, 2013
Can we all agree that only thugs buy hi-point?
No, we can't. Don't be classist.

I own a Hi-Point carbine. It does the job of "goes bang and sends a bullet where it's aimed every time you pull the trigger" perfectly. Is it ugly? Yes. Is it cheaply made? Yes. Would I trust it to continue to function in a self-defense situation if it's taken care of well? P...probably? Maybe?

They're also backed by a lifetime warranty. You wear that fucker out and you send it to them and you basically get a fresh new one back.

Plus, I see one of these in a store and it's coming home with me:

brett_me

Neo Member
Mar 9, 2018
Nah. The goal was to make firearms that most people can afford, as the right to own guns crosses income brackets. If a Hi-Point is what someone can afford, then that's that. I'm not gonna look down on them.
I love this kind of attitude tbh. I fool on Hi Point guys (cause some of them make it too easy) but a gun is a gun, if it works when it's supposed to, and you can shoot it well then it does its job.

May 2, 2013

Traded my Vepr 12 for a PPK yesterday. It looks to be a 1942-production with a police acceptance stamp.

I've always wanted a PPK, so this was a cool find. I didn't much care for the Vepr 12 and hadn't shot it in years.
The holster wouldn't quite shut right, so I looked inside and found this note shoved down inside:

It was likely a war trophy, so this little guy had an interesting history.

May 2, 2013
I don't have much interest in shotguns in general. I find pistols and rifles much more fun to shoot. I figured someone would enjoy the Vepr more than me. Always wanted a PPK, too.

Last edited:
Jan 15, 2013

Bought a new scope recently. Vortex Copperhead 4-12x44. Dunham's had them marked down to $119 since they're getting discontinued with a new line coming out.

I put the crappy old UTG scope I had on it on my 10/22, I'll have to sight it in properly next time I go to the range but it should be good enough for .22lr

Jan 15, 2013
Their .380s are good girl carry guns.
Everyone makes a .380 now, and with as compact as 9mm guns have gotten I wouldn't even put a Taurus .380 on my list of suggestions.

Apparently I didn't have enough time and resource intensive hobbies so I've added another.

So far I have dies for .40, .223, .300BLK, and 9mm, and have successfully done a few batches of all of them (Well, I've done over a thousand rounds of 9mm because I shoot that the most, but I guess that's still just a "few batches" the way I shoot) using basic load info 'from the book'

This is actually an outdated photo as I've since added an articulated desk light and properly mounted my powder measure on an arm instead of clamping it down to the block, added more sorting bins, etc.

The only thing keeping me from spending hours a day in there is knowing that I only have so many materials and so much money to buy more, so once I run out I'm done for a while. Though I just got a package in with 6k .224" bullets to reload .223 and I'm waiting on 2500 cases I ordered, so I'm not exactly "low" on anything.... except maybe powder and primers for all of that