• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Any tips on beating Phantasy Star I & II?

GDGF

Soothsayer
You want a tip for beating Phantasy Star II? Here it is. Find the freaking hint book that came with the original Genesis release of the game. That, and pray.

Ill Saint

Bit of an overstatement there. PS II is not that hard. I managed fine all those years ago without a hint book. Just take it slow and cautiously. You'll do fine.

fennec fox

ferrets ferrets ferrets ferrets FERRETS!!!
Level up a lot, basically. Save after any major achievement since chances are you'll have achieved it by the skin of your teeth.

Ill Saint

Are you guys all serious? I really don't remember PS II being as tough as you're saying... maybe it was toned down for PAL release? jeez... I gotta go back and play it again one of these days.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
>>>Bit of an overstatement there. PS II is not that hard. I managed fine all those years ago without a hint book. <<<

What, did you lose it?

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
>>>Hardest RPG I ever beat. Seriously. No joke.<<<

Come to think of it, I never finished it. I had my game saved in front of the Mother Brain fight. I'm not sure how close that is to the end. I tried that fight about 60 times, though.

Ill Saint

TAJ said:
>>>Bit of an overstatement there. PS II is not that hard. I managed fine all those years ago without a hint book. <<<

What, did you lose it?

No, I just never got one with mine... heh. But I did get a discount.

GDGF

Soothsayer
When I got to the Mother Brain, it took me over 6 hours of playing that fight over and over and over again continuously to beat it, and even then, it was only partially due to strategy. I think alot of it was luck. I've beat it since (as you do get a feel of what you must do to win after some time), but it's been so long since I played it I couldn't begin to tell you what that is :) I will say that the ending was both shocking, and most enjoyable, though.

Hardest. RPG. Ever.

gunstarhero

As long as you leveled up enough, the game wasn't THAT hard. If you weren't high enough to learn the MEGID technnique by the time you got to Dark Force, then I can see it being difficult. And getting Shir to steal the save point recorder made things A LOT more easier.

Top Bottom