• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Any useful program you are willing to share

Artoris

Gold Member
Any program on the internet which will do something for you

a good AI chat and image generators would be good

but any other program would be even better

Tams

I thought you were a decent guy who breaks up fights and has some dignity

but I am disappointed to be wrong

Mate, I'm a shit poster with warnings for now unwanted content on this site. I'm on my comparatively best behaviour.

And still being so lazy. Looking up WinRAR is literally a couple of clicks/taps away.

Artoris

Gold Member
Mate, I'm a shit poster with warnings for now unwanted content on this site. I'm on my comparatively best behaviour.

And still being so lazy. Looking up WinRAR is literally a couple of clicks/taps away.
cool

Tams

It's a

The Rock Grammy GIF by Recording Academy / GRAMMYs

BossLackey

Gold Member
Ear Trumpet for Windows is something I use fifty times a day it seems. On the Windows Store for free.

Tree Size is great for managing your PC storage.

Obsidian is by far the best note taking app I've used. And I've used them all. Can't live without it.

For artists, Pureref is a fantastic tool for putting up reference images on your screen and arranging everything so you have all your references exactly where you need them to be. Even has an "always on top" feature that is very handy if you're using 1 monitor.

Valonquar

Rufus for when you need to format a USB stick into any damn format around. It can also download windows ISOs and create bootable media from that which is a godsend.
Netwrix Account Examiner for when you need to figure out what is locking out your domain account
Treesize creates easy to view graphs of what folders are eating up all of your disk space, and how often files are used\accessed.

Mr Blobby

Perplexity
not as powerful as ChatGPT, but it has references to the sources it uses... which don't always seem accurate, but still neat. I guess it's like a web search that compiles multiple sources into one text
coolors
create colour palettes

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
All the kids seem to be going on about Kazaa...

Never heard of it myself.

In all seriousness though, do people use YouTube to MP3 converters still and is there a recommended one thats not full of malware?

Melon Husk

All the kids seem to be going on about Kazaa...

Never heard of it myself.

In all seriousness though, do people use YouTube to MP3 converters still and is there a recommended one thats not full of malware?
You can do it yourself, with yt-dlp and little effort. https://github.com/yt-dlp/yt-dlp
On Windows:
Put the program into a folder. Run command-line with right click in that folder and write "yt-dlp [link] -x --audio-format mp3".
You may also need to download ffmpeg and put it in the same folder for the conversion to work.

Last edited:

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
You can do it yourself, with yt-dlp and little effort. https://github.com/yt-dlp/yt-dlp
On Windows:
Put the program into a folder. Run command-line with right click in that folder and write "yt-dlp [link] -x --audio-format mp3".
You may also need to download ffmpeg and put it in the same folder for the conversion to work.
make sure it's YT-DLP and not YT-DL

DL is slow! DLP is faster.

If you don't want to deal with command lines then I recommend Jdownloader2. Make sure you download it from the official site at

It looks shady but I've been using it years with no issues. All you gotta do is copy and paste links and it'll download them. You can select what portions it downloads so if you just want audio then you can download that only.

Also works for many other *cough* um... "scientific research" sites if you know what I mean :messenger_winking_tongue:

Last edited:

LordOfChaos

isn't WinRar going to be obsolete soon? I thought I read something about WinRar and 7zip getting built into a new Windows update soon. Maybe that's just to decompress/extract?

Didn't Windows build in ISO mounting for a hot minute but now I seem to need Daemontools again?

Soodanim

Gold Member
I've just started using Chocolatey, a command line interface package manager for Windows that takes some of the monotony and time out of managing/updating software

The website's documentation is pretty good, too. Doesn't take too long to have it set up so you can update software much more quickly than manually going to a site and downloading update installers

ReBurn

Gold Member
Ear Trumpet for Windows is something I use fifty times a day it seems. On the Windows Store for free.

Tree Size is great for managing your PC storage.

Obsidian is by far the best note taking app I've used. And I've used them all. Can't live without it.

For artists, Pureref is a fantastic tool for putting up reference images on your screen and arranging everything so you have all your references exactly where you need them to be. Even has an "always on top" feature that is very handy if you're using 1 monitor.
Treesize is awesome for finding the files and folders that are eating up your disk space.

Notepad++ for one of the best general purpose text editors for Windows.

Last edited:

Ballthyrm

To look for synonyms and antonyms

To look for specific words translation

To look at similar images when you are working on anything visual

To get actual PNG with a transparency layer and not a fake one

To clean your computer screen, press F11.

To find characters that aren't on your keyboard

Top Bottom