• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Any word on Jeanne D'Arc NA Release?

Mook1e

DevelopmentArrested said:
The first PSP game I buy since Lumines.
With the long list of awesome PSP games that have come out since Lumines that do exactly what the PSP was promised to do, I would love to hear why you wasted your money and have not bought any game for your PSP since then.

I also can't wait until the game comes out, gets lower than you expected reviews, and you recant your statement that you will buy it

Mook1e

ethelred said:
What was it promised to do?
Console quality games on a handheld. :|
Where have you been the last 3 years?
If a person doesn't want console games in a handheld, they really shouldn't have bought a PSP.
I can understand if you thought you would get console quality RPGs only and are disappointed in the PSP, but if you pay the price of the thing and don't buy any games for it, you've either wasted your money or you're a pirate.

Anyway, this game looks pretty good, but I would like to read more about the gameplay.

Mook1e said:

if that's in terms of graphic quality, okay...
if that's in terms of gameplay and awesome kick-ass games like PS1 and PS2 delivered ...

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
I read the game the is very mediocre and forgettable. I dont think sony will bother with it.

FateBreaker said:
if that's in terms of gameplay and awesome kick-ass games like PS1 and PS2 delivered ...

...it still delivers. There's a GREAT game in just about every genre the Ps1 and Ps2 excelled in (fighters, racers, platformers etc) except jRpgs.

I'm really excited for FFVII Crisis core, FFT, and Silent Hill: Origins later this year.

zoku88

Mook1e said:
If a person doesn't want console games in a handheld, they really shouldn't have bought a PSP.
I can understand if you thought you would get console quality RPGs only and are disappointed in the PSP, but if you pay the price of the thing and don't buy any games for it, you've either wasted your money or you're a pirate.

Anyway, this game looks pretty good, but I would like to read more about the gameplay.
Sadly, I fall into the "wants console RPGs" section :(. It hurts even more when Japan gets games like Suikoden I&2 and Sakura Taisen 1&2, but we don't...

zoku88 said:
Sadly, I fall into the "wants console RPGs" section :(. It hurts even more when Japan gets games like Suikoden I&2 and Sakura Taisen 1&2, but we don't...

ahhh QFT. My ex ran off with my copy of suikoden 2 6 or 7 years ago (I forget exactly when) and I haven't played it since. I was looking forward to that one, but if it's getting a PSN release (and I can't imagine it wouldn't) I'm willing to wait for that version instead.

no load times FTW

Mook1e

FateBreaker said:
There are plenty of those as well, yes, I know.

Lain

Error said:
I read the game the is very mediocre and forgettable. I dont think sony will bother with it.

I'd prefer to see it with my own eyes if it is indeed mediocre and forgettable, as the last time i followed popular opinions and bought DQ8, I've ended up wondering why i spent the 19€ i did spend on it. It was such a waste even at that price for me.

McBacon

SHOOTY McRAD DICK
splash_02.jpg

duckroll

FateBreaker said:
but but LEVEL 5

Exactly! Level 5! If a huge budget Level 5 game like Rogue Galaxy on a userbase like the PS2 can't even sell 100k in 2 months in the US, why exactly would Sony want to touch a Level 5 game on the...... PSP? :lol

Lain

duckroll said:
Exactly! Level 5! If a huge budget Level 5 game like Rogue Galaxy on a userbase like the PS2 can't even sell 100k in 2 months in the US, why exactly would Sony want to touch a Level 5 game on the...... PSP? :lol

Because the budget for Jeanne came from Sony?
Isn't that a good enough incentive to Sony for localizing it, or have some other publisher do it?

duckroll

Lain said:
Because the budget for Jeanne came from Sony?
Isn't that a good enough incentive to Sony for localizing it, or have some other publisher do it?

Huh? What I mean is, why would any publisher want to touch a BOMB? The Level 5 brand name means NOTHING in the US judging from how Rogue Galaxy is doing, and PSP games just -don't- sell.

Lain

duckroll said:
Huh? What I mean is, why would any publisher want to touch a BOMB?
Ask Atlus =p
But yeah, I understand that, but wouldn't Sony at least want to try and recoup some of the money they spent to have the game made? Even if it wouldn't set the charts on fire, wouldn't localizing it bring them back more money than ignoring it? That's what I meant.

methane47

03/21/2007 07:55:07 AM EDT
PR Newswire
Jeanne d'Arc Brings a Visually Stunning, Tactics-Based Strategy Role Playing Game (RPG) Exclusively to the PSP(R) (PlayStation(R)Portable) System After a Successful Launch in Japan, Level-5 Prepares to Deliver Their Unique Portable RPG to the North American Market This August
FOSTER CITY, Calif., March 21 /PRNewswire/ -- Sony Computer Entertainment America Inc. announced today the August 2007 North American release of Jeanne d'Arc, available exclusively for the PSP(R) (PlayStation(R)Portable) system. Developed by Level-5, creators of the renowned Dark Cloud series and the critically acclaimed RPG Rogue Galaxy(TM), Jeanne d'Arc delivers a new tactical role-playing adventure set across vast lands with detailed environments, unique characters, and a diverse combat and gameplay system. In Jeanne d'Arc, players will step into a colorful world that brings together history and fantasy, taking part in a magical tale inspired by the life and times of the legendary Joan of Arc. Combining an intricate tactical combat system, a heroic story with more than 40 hours of gameplay, and a stunning visual style that truly dazzles on the PSP system, Jeanne d'Arc is ready to deliver hours of strategic RPG action to players anytime, anywhere.

Here's some more of the announcement

"With the introduction of Jeanne d'Arc for PSP, Level-5 now brings their high standard of game development excellence to the portable world," said Jeff Reese, Director, Software Marketing, Sony Computer Entertainment America. "The team has managed to create an action filled, mythical adventure that RPG fans and gamers alike will take anywhere they feel like playing, further adding depth to the ever expanding lineup of PSP software."

The Jeanne d'Arc story begins far in the past, when a great war was waged by mankind against demonic armies attempting to invade the human world. During that time, five brave heroes created armlets to restrain the demon gods. In a quest to turn back the rueful army, a young crusader named Jeanne is commanded by mysterious voices to use the power of the magical armlet to seal away the demon king and recover her homeland once and for all.

Set among sprawling fields, battle-torn villages, and intricate dungeons, Jeanne d'Arc unfolds through more than 40 expansive and highly detailed environments, where players will engage in the pursuit of France's resurgence. Players will control up to 14 characters throughout the journey, including humans and beasts, as they battle a variety of enemies in the quest to turn back the English domination. Jeanne d'Arc delivers a strategic, turn-based battle system where players engage in unique team attacks and defensive schemes, using multiple characters' skills in combination to create devastating strikes. Further adding to the depth of play, each character has access to one of eight weapon types that are also upgradeable as players' progress through the game. Additionally, players can customize their characters with more than 150 different skills and abilities throughout the game.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Macstorm said:
I'll believe it when I see that PR from Sony directly.
Did you even look at the post? :lol

Anyway, I heard this game is almost as easy as Luminous Arc and they used a completely new team right down to the composer. :(

Macstorm

jj984jj said:
Did you even look at the post? :lol
Oh, there was a post? How did I miss that?

People will believe anything typed up with a company's name on it these days.

Triology for ever!

methane47

Yes Brave story was announced.. as well as Dungeon maker and wild Arms 5

Check my other thread..

And also the PR is from Sony's Stock messages... I work at a stock company so I see these all day... But I'm sure if you looked at Yahoo Finance or something and looked for "SNE" which is sony's symbol you would find the PR

Macstorm

methane47 said:

Check my other thread..

And also the PR is from Sony's Stock messages... I work at a stock company so I see these all day... But I'm sure if you looked at Yahoo Finance or something and looked for "SNE" which is sony's symbol you would find the PR
Cool, thanks. I've never dealt with PR Newswire before and hadn't seen anything from Sony directly yet today, so I was leery.

Lain

YAY! Another game to add to my to buy list.
Today is a good day for game announcements i care about.

Oldschool

methane47 said:

Check my other thread..

YESSSSSS! THX :)

Top Bottom