• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anybody else get a console/etc. shipped from Amazon with zero packing material?

kiphalfton

This is the third time I've brought this up here but my Xbox Series X was packed with barely any packing material, and I was trying to put it behind me... but I just now received a motherboard for my new gaming rig and it had zero packing material as well.

Any way to get visibility on this shit practice? Besides complaining to amazon customer service? For fucks sale it's stupid, considering how big a company is.

Pics for reference:

rQ5mpiW.png

JLvf0Lw.jpg

Last edited:

JORMBO

Darkness no more
My Amazon and Walmart orders had next to nothing in there. The Walmart order had a flimsy piece of bubble wrap on one side. All the bubbles were popped. My Amazon PS5 looked like yours pictured. My MS and Sony Store orders came packaged nicely.

You can complain to them but they don't care.

Last edited:

dorkimoe

Yes but neither of mine looked that bad.

They dont care unless it broke. The xbox is packed inside the microsoft box SUPER tight, mine was dropped by UPS. The ps5 on the other hand isnt packed as good inside the sony box

Last edited:
Haven't ordered a console off Amazon but have had similar experiences. Like ordering paper back books and fragile electronics to find them all bundled in a flimsy envelope that feels like its 2 pieces of paper glued together.

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
Amazon was the number 1 store I wanted to preorder from but seeing those photos, now I'm glad I wasn't able to get one from them. I ended up getting mine from the MS store and it was packed perfectly, in a box only a little larger than than the console box itself, then they put cardboard insets in to cushion and make it fit exactly.

I wonder how many Xboxes and PS5s got damaged from crappy Amazon packaging.

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
By the size of that box it looks like they forgot to send you an extra console.

Hey Blinkin

That's exactly how my XSX came. The Xbox box was fine and so was the console, but I don't know why they bothered with that little bit of paper as stuffing.

Last edited:

R6Rider

Gold Member
Both my Amazon PS5 and Target PS5 were packed well. Amazon box had a bit of bubble wrap, but filled the space so it wasn't moving around. The Target box was wrapped twice in bubble wrap, but was in a slightly bigger box.

Egorgeg

Neo Member
My brother got his PS5 from Amazon and the PS5 box was loose in a bigger cardboard box, no packing at all not even other bits of paper or cardboard to secure it. No damage though.

My PS5 from GAME UK sent by Yodel didn't even come in a seperate box, they just had the PS5 box with a bit of paper attached to it sent to me lol. The box was a little wet as it was lightly raining but contents were fine.

OrtizTwelve

This is why I stopped paying $120 for "Prime" yearly membership. Once you get off the Amazon tit, you realize there's a lot of other retailers out there... and some even have in-store pickup!

Quality and service of Amazon has gone done dramatically the last two years, and COVID hasn't helped it.

kiphalfton

Yes but neither of mine looked that bad.

They dont care unless it broke. The xbox is packed inside the microsoft box SUPER tight, mine was dropped by UPS. The ps5 on the other hand isnt packed as good inside the sony box

PS5 packing is shit. Wouldn't doubt it if that's why people are having issues with their consoles. It's suspended due to the cardboard, but other than that a good drop on a square corner or something would F it up.

This is why I stopped paying $120 for "Prime" yearly membership. Once you get off the Amazon tit, you realize there's a lot of other retailers out there... and some even have in-store pickup!

Quality and service of Amazon has gone done dramatically the last two years, and COVID hasn't helped it.

I had a buttload of Amazon gift card credit, so I've been trying to get all my stuff from Amazon. Have some other PC components coming in from them, so hopefully they pack those better (doubtful).

But yes, I agree their CS isnt as good as people make it out to be. Don't ever trade something in, as you'll see how truly awful Amazon's CS can be (if you have issues they chock it up to the trades being handled by a company they outsource to... but then when you ask Amazon CS to put you in contact with said company they tell you they can't do that). They very rarely provide resolution, and if they do it is only after I've bugged them relentlessly. And even then, if you big them too much they'll ban your account.

Last edited:
Recently Amazon has been awful. Last time I ordered a five pack of bubble mailers and half the mailers were torn with holes in them. Whenever I ordered games from them, I'd get loose discs in brand new games.

I gave up and just use eBay. I've had much better luck there.

This is the third time I've brought this up here but my Xbox Series X was packed with barely any packing material, and I was trying to put it behind me... but I just now received a motherboard for my new gaming rig and it had zero packing material as well.

Any way to get visibility on this shit practice? Besides complaining to amazon customer service? For fucks sale it's stupid, considering how big a company is.

Pics for reference:

rQ5mpiW.png

JLvf0Lw.jpg
Why would it? The product is protected inside a box, you need more protection ?

Top Bottom