• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anybody else notice the shitty trend of Rotten Tomatoes scores on physical media?

brap

Banned
This shit is fucking embarrassing and never fits. Can't they just put it on the back of the film? I don't care what a bunch of shit eating plebs think. The type of people that care what RT thinks aren't the type to buy physical media anyway.
81VBn9QM6IL._SL1500_.jpg

6320087_so.jpg

71CZv5LFy6L._SX342_.jpg

bronk

Banned
This shit is fucking embarrassing and never fits. Can't they just put it on the back of the film? I don't care what a bunch of shit eating plebs think. The type of people that care what RT thinks aren't the type to buy physical media anyway.
81VBn9QM6IL._SL1500_.jpg

6320087_so.jpg

71CZv5LFy6L._SX342_.jpg
Dude I just bought Parasite and First Love couple days ago and first thing i noticed was stupid rotten tomatoes lol.

I dunno, it just seems like the modern equivalent of

"...edge of your seat rollercoaster thrill ride of a movie you'll want to see again and again!
---- some douche who reviews movies for the NY Times"

Then again I could honestly give a shit what the front of a movie case looks like. I don't really sit around staring at it or displaying it on a shelf or something.

Papa

Banned
Just preordered Parasite from Amazon the other day. The Strayan version better not have that shit on the cover.

TUROK

They should just make it a sticker. A decent sticker, not those fucking obnoxious ones that leave glue residue on the goddamn case.

buizel

Banned
So do these 'Certified Fresh' films usually mean theyre pretty average? Cause statistically 'Certified Fresh' means 'Not Completely Shit'.

Dont be cowards, let everyone speak for the product, and we can learn from the master

BAC_GOTY_360PFTfront610.jpg

brap

Banned
So do these 'Certified Fresh' films usually mean theyre pretty average? Cause statistically 'Certified Fresh' means 'Not Completely Shit'.

Dont be cowards, let everyone speak for the product, and we can learn from the master

BAC_GOTY_360PFTfront610.jpg
Look at their top movies. Speaks for itself.

sol_bad

Honestly I'm not a big fan of rotten tomatoes fresh scores. Why would I give a flying fuck if 75% of reviewers thought it was better than bad, I want to know if it is good.

There are a hell of alot of films released every year. Sometimes reviews help you decide what to spend your cash on and what to avoid.

buizel

Banned
Look at their top movies. Speaks for itself.

Oh okay

Wow, cant believe the last 2 years genuinely gave us the best movies ever in the entire world. Wow.

Fucking Black Panther really? Endgame..? Endgame was a fun movie (not anywhere near top.. 50) , BP was average but had absolutely horrendous 90's CGI that reminded me of

maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:

TIMSTER_777

Oh okay

Wow, cant believe the last 2 years genuinely gave us the best movies ever in the entire world. Wow.

Fucking Black Panther really? Endgame..? Endgame was a fun movie (not anywhere near top.. 50) , BP was average but had absolutely horrendous 90's CGI that reminded me of

maxresdefault.jpg

Butt Ugly Martians lmfao, that show was so bad.

Gargus

Banned
I don't care what's on the box.

Only time I see the box is when I am opening it to take out the disc or putting the disc back in to put it away. 99% of the time I never see the case.

All I care about is the movie itself on the disc.

Grinchy

Banned
Just another reminder about how batshit crazy their scoring system is and why people should stop giving a fuck.

To get the "Fresh" status, a movie or show just needs 60% of its reviews to be "positive." They do not tell you what "positive" means here.

They even have their own employees who supposedly go through reviews, read them and then determine if it was positive or negative. They also have critics they have decided are approved to submit their own reviews and determine positive or negative. A movie could theoretically have all 3/5s or 6/10s everywhere you look and have a 100% RT score.

sol_bad

Oh okay

maxresdefault.jpg

The list doesn't look good at all but the simple fact is that there are more people reviewing films than there were 20 or 40 years ago. Most modern movies have 400-500 reviews where as something like The Shining has only 90 reviews.

That's going to make an impact on the final outcome.

buizel

Banned
The list doesn't look good at all but the simple fact is that there are more people reviewing films than there were 20 or 40 years ago. Most modern movies have 400-500 reviews where as something like The Shining has only 90 reviews.

That's going to make an impact on the final outcome.

Yeah I figured i was just being facetious.

Still, Citizen Kane and Wizard of Oz are ranked pretty high still.

The Shining is one of my all time favourite films tho <3

81VBn9QM6IL._SL1500_.jpg
Rotten Tomatoes logo doesn't bode well with the monotone background. But damn that title text is sexy.

Top Bottom