Anyone else afraid to associate with other non white races?

Aug 22, 2018
Race? Naw, couldn't care less. Class though? Yeah, keep them dirty, uncouth, poors away from me.

Are they? They are Caucasian by genetics. They are an ethnic group at best.
I stand to be corrected but I was always under the impression that they were a race. Fucked if I know a damn thing about anything.

Feb 22, 2009
Ottawa, Canada
I stand to be corrected but I was always under the impression that they were a race. Fucked if I know a damn thing about anything.
Well, aside from race being an arbitrary construct, most Jews are white, just with a few cosmetic differences brought on by tending to date and marry within their own community. You don't have to be white to be Jewish, of course, but the most commonly seen Jewish groups are white.

May 12, 2007
Texaa
The real world is not Tumblr, Resetera, or other extreme online communities. Unless you are in a setting that congregates a certain type of person, (activist organizations, university clubs, etc.), the chances of someone getting offended over committing an Intersectional thought crime are near zero. Stuff like Latinx is for keyboard warriors existing in an online safe space yelling at evil society, not the real world.

Enjoy the company of people you like and who like you.

Last edited:
Aug 22, 2018
Short answer is no, to function in today's society one must accept that you'll be interacting with a great many people of different ethnicities or background.
With that said, people prefer to live among people like them. Humans are tribal creatures and seek the familiar like we observe things doing in nature. We can look at demographic makeups of towns, cities, and in major metropolitan areas we see that people self-segregate by neighborhood. People form insular communities where little is exchanged outside of commerce and friendly platitudes. Children as young as age five without any social factors influencing them tend to associate with children most like them. Your best friend and even spouse/husband tend to be more genetically similar to you than the next person. We aren't even aware that we're doing these things, but it happens organically without any social influence. This behavior then manifests itself as a genetic propogation strategy and Genetic Altruism.

It's not an outdated way of thinking, but more like a pragmatic, realistic outlook on interactions between people in multiracial, multicultural societies. With the idealism removed and a realization that what people believe is morally correct may not necessarily be possible, you see a world that I wouldn't even consider flawed, just evolved to be that way.
When you consider the fact that genes have a desire to perpetuate themselves as closely as possible(without resorting to incest, I don't believe that's just a social taboo, but a biologically ingrained avoidance-of-defects strategy) in order to have genes that have a sort of synergy between carried genes(consider how many traits are polygenic, all of those genes rely on each other to create a particular trait), it makes sense that outgroup selection, certainly by race, when choosing a mate is not very common, and is worlds apart from how common it appears in advertising.
Those are my thoughts though, I believe people should be allowed to have their natural dating, friendship, and neighborhood living preferences without some Neo-Marxists prodding them to date or live near an outgroup borne from some misguided sense of demographic equality.(which I don't consider a virtue in any way, it's not the same as fairness)

May 31, 2009
I know this sounds strange, but besides hanging out with people my own race, I would rathet hang out with white people than other minorities, especially with the current political climate.

I just dont want to worry about possibly making a statement that shows I'm not "woke" enough, or that I'm not showing enough empathy about whatver oppression their race may be suffering. Id just rather not deal with it. I have my own problems.

I think i just would feel much more comfortable in room of white people than one full of Latinos, blacks, native Americans, etc...heck i wouldnt even care much if some white person makes a racist joke...i dont get offended easily.
People who are friendly enough to talk to strangers or meet someone new are just that, friendly. It's pretty easy to identify the people you're describing because they wear their emotions on their sleeve and they likely wouldn't talk to you because they tend to associate solely with their herd and anyone else is largely viewed as an enemy. I know that's a pretty big generalization but I'd wager that most "adults" here (late 20s, 30+) would agree. What I'm getting at is that most people don't give a shit about identity politics because they are too busy with daily life and most importantly, they aren't racist and don't think in terms of race. It sounds like OP is in a high school or college campus setting. My advice, be yourself, be nice to all and do your thing. The people who want to be around you will notice it and anyone who doesn't, what they're lacking inside can't be solved by you, they have to work through that themselves.

Last edited:
May 31, 2009
I know one thing, I miss being around minorites; African americans, Hispanics, and Filipinos. I was in the Navy for an extended period and I miss all my old friends from different backgrounds. We never talked about race and priveledge, just were friends and shared stories of our upbringing. The identity politics post-2016 is pure madness and is not based in reality. People cherry pick from political science courses taken during their undergrad term and read the glorified blogs from Huffington Post and BuzzFeed and act as if Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer is a real threat to humanity as a whole. Twitter is viewed as more real than actual face to face interaction and becoming an adult and a functional member of society is viewed as a negative and only serves to prop up the "patriarchy." The various marches in Washington are filled to the brim with virtue signaling social media addicts looking for attention and many of these people weren't even aware of the political process until 2016. These people are in for a rude awakening when we have another Democratic president and nothing changes. These people will always shift their blame to some grand social theory and will avoid self-reflection at all costs. It would be sad if it wasn't so pathetic. All I can do is laugh at them while I strive to improve my life for myself and my community.

May 23, 2016
I don't understand why discrimination is a bad thing. I discriminate against a bunch of people to decide who I would associate with.

Crazy Christian/Muslim? I'm not spending time with you.
Don't drink alcohol? No thanks.
Vegan? Sorry I invited people over for a BBQ
Boring? Nah.
Woman? Not unless you're my wife's friend.
Work in the English Department? Go back to your cat.

Last edited:

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
Jun 25, 2018
Unknown Body, Proxima Centauri, 4th O.B.
Why on Earth would i be afraid to associate myself with people who:
  1. are Black
  2. are Religious
  3. are Gay/Lesbian
  4. are Trans
? They are people like me, so why should they scare me in general? The only real fear is people making narrative like this that has the potential to scare off aforementioned groups into feeling accepted. After all, perhaps OP here is afraid of you for no reason at all..

This is literally a thought up problem you have made in your head @pramod.

May 19, 2010
I don't understand why discrimination is a bad thing. I discriminate against a bunch of people to decide who I would associate with.

Boring? Nah.
cmon mike, it's okay to try and make friends.

May 4, 2005
Germany
www.gaming-universe.de

Boring? Nah.
Your poor wife :(.

May 16, 2005
Well here is a thought experiment though. Let us say you are trying to find a club to join...a book club movie club hiking club whatever...would you join one that has only white people? Or one that has only people of XX race that is not your own?
Join a club that doesnt involve meeting people face to face. Always avoid befriending random people no matter who they are.

I would love to be blissfully ignorant and wander down the street with a smile and shake everyone's hand, but I know those people have a knife In their boot, a glock strapped to their back, and poison in their bra.

The great thing about the internet is that you can have conversations with people, without having to know, or meet them.

You trying to parse people into groups based on any metric other then;

"All people are not to be trusted"

Is playing a dangerous game.

matt404au

Gold Member
Apr 25, 2009
Australia
Why on Earth would i be afraid to associate myself with people who:
  1. are Black
  2. are Religious
  3. are Gay/Lesbian
  4. are Trans
? They are people like me, so why should they scare me in general? The only real fear is people making narrative like this that has the potential to scare off aforementioned groups into feeling accepted. After all, perhaps OP here is afraid of you for no reason at all..

This is literally a thought up problem you have made in your head @pramod.
Would you associate with Scientologists?

Redneckerz

Jun 25, 2018
What defines a religion? What makes Scientology any more of a quack organisation than the Catholic Church?
I knew you were going to say that.
The church believes in a god like deity, its intents is to help others.

Scientology is an autocratic organisation, where every single branch is dedicated not on helping people, but ruining them.

matt404au

Gold Member
Apr 25, 2009
Australia
I knew you were going to say that.
The church believes in a god like deity, its intents is to help others.

Scientology is an autocratic organisation, where every single branch is dedicated not on helping people, but ruining them.
What is Xenu if not a deity? Why does believing in a deity inherently make an ideology more credible?

Redneckerz

Jun 25, 2018
Suit yourself.

The point I am making is that discriminating against a religion should not be held to the same standard as discriminating against immutable characteristics.
Dude i fucking just woke up and you are instantly peppering with questions like why Scientology is not a religion and deducing that bit by bit.

You are totally right with thr point you are making. No idea what that has to do with my original post but i guess i should remove the religion part of it.

matt404au

Gold Member
Apr 25, 2009
Australia
Dude i fucking just woke up and you are instantly peppering with questions like why Scientology is not a religion and deducing that bit by bit.

You are totally right with thr point you are making. No idea what that has to do with my original post but i guess i should remove the religion part of it.
Respond after you’ve had your coffee then. I don’t know where you are or what your state of consciousness is.

Jun 19, 2007
What defines a religion? What makes Scientology any more of a quack organisation than the Catholic Church?
If you don’t mind me jumping in, I get what you mean and I’m not religious myself but the big difference I see between Scientology and the Catholic Church (or any of the other religions really) is you can walk into a Catholic Church today, go up to the priest and ask him to explain Catholism to you. He would (probably) give you a copy of the bible for free and happily answer any and every question you had to the best of his ability right then and there. Try and do the same with Scientology and they will barely tell you anything about their beliefs unless you start paying them and will continue to hold out on giving you knowledge unless you keep paying them. You can be a Catholic for free, being a Scientologist costs money.

Last edited:

matt404au

Gold Member
Apr 25, 2009
Australia
If you don’t mind me jumping in, I get what you mean and I’m not religious myself but the big difference I see between Scientology and the Catholic Church (or any of the other religions really) is you can walk into a Catholic Church today, go up to then priest and ask him to explain Catholism to you. He would (probably) give you a copy of the bible for free and happily answer any and every question you had to the best of his ability right then and there. Try and do the same with Scientology and they will barely tell you anything about their beliefs unless you start paying them and will continue to hold out on giving you knowledge unless you keep paying them. You can be a Catholic for free, being a Scientologist costs money.
Fair points, but even if Catholicism is a “free” religion (ignoring tithing for a minute), what grants it special status? Why should any religion, which is simply a set of ideas, be free from criticism in the same way that race, sex and sexual orientation are?

Jun 19, 2007
Fair points, but even if Catholicism is a “free” religion (ignoring tithing for a minute), what grants it special status? Why should any religion, which is simply a set of ideas, be free from criticism in the same way that race, sex and sexual orientation are?
I’m not saying they should. Criticise it all you like. As you said unlike things like sex, sexuality and race, religion is a choice someone makes.

Religion can often be a core part of someone’s identity, so I’d suggest being careful about how you do go about questioning it so that you are going after the idea and not the person. But that doesn’t mean you can’t, and in the case of how some implement those religious principles you may actually want to do just that.

Sorry if it seemed like I was saying that’s the case. I guess that’s what I get for jumping into someone else’s conversation. It’s just I’ve seen Scientology compared to other religions like that before and I feel like that’s a pretty fundamental difference.

Edit: and yeh, tithing is a bit of a similar practise in a way. But from my understanding it’s not compulsory. The only reason we know what we know about Scientology (Xenu etc.) is because people who have paid enough have then leaked it.

Last edited:

matt404au

Gold Member
Apr 25, 2009
Australia
I’m not saying they should. Criticise it all you like. As you said unlike things like sex, sexuality and race, religion is a choice someone makes.

Religion can often be a core part of someone’s identity, so I’d suggest being careful about how you do go about questioning it so that you are going after the idea and not the person. But that doesn’t mean you can’t, and in the case of how some implement those religious principles you may actually want to do just that.

Sorry if it seemed like I was saying that’s the case. I guess that’s what I get for jumping into someone else’s conversation. It’s just I’ve seen Scientology compared to other religions like that before and I feel like that’s a pretty fundamental difference.
Don’t apologise. You made some valid points. Besides, Red wasn’t particularly interested in the conversation to the point of requesting a ban 😂

I don’t think that upsetting someone on the basis of identity is a good reason to avoid criticising religion. Identity politics need to be removed from public discourse, not encouraged. The approach does need to be criticism of the idea rather than the person though. I’m not going to go out of my way to persecute or insult anyone because of their religion. But when it comes to things like immigration, it is essential that we don’t put religion — or any ideology for that matter — in the basket of untouchables alongside immutable characteristics that tell you nothing about what a person may think or how they may behave.

Jun 19, 2007
Don’t apologise. You made some valid points. Besides, Red wasn’t particularly interested in the conversation to the point of requesting a ban 😂

I don’t think that upsetting someone on the basis of identity is a good reason to avoid criticising religion. Identity politics need to be removed from public discourse, not encouraged. The approach does need to be criticism of the idea rather than the person though. I’m not going to go out of my way to persecute or insult anyone because of their religion. But when it comes to things like immigration, it is essential that we don’t put religion — or any ideology for that matter — in the basket of untouchables alongside immutable characteristics that tell you nothing about what a person may think or how they may behave.
I think we’re in general agreement here. My point about someone else’s feelings wasn’t that someone shouldn’t be able to criticise religion, they absolutely should be able to, any ideas that people try and protect from any criticism should be treated with suspicion. I just meant that criticising someone’s religion should perhaps (which I’d differentiate from must) be given a little bit more thought than, for example, talking a bit of shit about their favourite sports team. If you still want to do it in the most abrasive way possible then you should absolutely be able to though.

Oct 30, 2017
I know this sounds strange, but besides hanging out with people my own race, I would rathet hang out with white people than other minorities, especially with the current political climate.

I just dont want to worry about possibly making a statement that shows I'm not "woke" enough, or that I'm not showing enough empathy about whatver oppression their race may be suffering. Id just rather not deal with it. I have my own problems.

I think i just would feel much more comfortable in room of white people than one full of Latinos, blacks, native Americans, etc...heck i wouldnt even care much if some white person makes a racist joke...i dont get offended easily.
Social media and MSM is distorting reality. Woke people are the minority.

Jun 20, 2007
lolol no. I have yet to run into any super woke person in real life once I graduated from college. And half the woke weirdos online I meet are whities who want to lecture minorities like me on what I should be offended by lol. Bored guilt-ridden white knight weirdos.

Anyhow OP post is odd as fuck.

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2007
I had planned on posting earlier but whatever, OP that is some crazy mental gymnastics you have going on in your head. Might as well never hang out with anyone if you're that afraid of making a faux pas

Mista

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2014
In my case, I don’t mind sitting in a room with all the people you mentioned. But I’ll definitely have a problem sitting in a room with your kind

Jan 29, 2014
99.9999999% of people do not think like those spastic SJWs. You have nothing to worry about.

Feb 29, 2016

Um...as a blue blood honky, myself, white people are ironically the most offended over anything. Expand your horizons besides learned prejudices and you'll find a better world.

Nov 11, 2018
And there it is. Supporting neo-communists is akin to supporting neo-Nazis. You are no better than what you hate.

There were normal, non-radical right wingers there prior to the neo-Nazis showing up and hijacking the event. That is what Trump was referring to.
Hmmm, supporting anti-capitalists is akin to supporting anti-black/jew/non-white. Ok, dude.

Nov 11, 2018
Unfortunately, they aren't particularly diligent about who they think belongs to a racist neo-fascist group, causing them to attack and physically harm people who are innocent.
If you think the people who marched by the hundreds and screamed "Jews Will Not Replace Us" in Charlottesville are "innocent," you're wrong. :\

Nov 11, 2018
This is the stupidest post of the week.

My friend from Taiwan, voted for trump in 2016 and still thinks he is good.
He hates his own race? Jesus.

Just stop this shitty race baiting bullshit. Please just stop.
Many self hating Jews policed the ghettos and carted their Jewish neighbors to gas chambers. Your friend is either delusional or has chosen to side with evil. :\

sahlberg

Gold Member
Oct 27, 2017
Moore Park Beach
Many self hating Jews policed the ghettos and carted their Jewish neighbors to gas chambers. Your friend is either delusional or has chosen to side with evil. :\
Jesus. So now you are comparing voting for Trump as being complicit in the Holocaust?
I bet you don't even realize how off the rails you are.

Another example on how anti-semitic the far left is.

Last edited: