• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anyone else recieved other region games from amazon lately?

Ordered dishonored 2 from amazon US - didn't go to the marketplace listings or used, just used the buy new button on the main dishonored 2 page.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ZM5OXD8/?tag=neogaf0e-20

What i got today was this:

H2rihDt.jpgl

I know PS4 games are region free mostly and I wouldn't mind, if it was stated in the description, but I know there's issues with DLC incompatibility and I can't sell this game back to gamestop or any store after i'm done with it.

Seems like marketplace sellers might be buying titles in bulk from other regions at lower prices and using amazon's fulfillment services to sell them in the US. This seller "What a deal!!" is still featured on the main page you get when searching for Dishonored 2 on amazon in the US as the prime shipping option.

This happened to me and I just returned the games to Amazon. The rep on the phone was legitimately surprised but I got my money back so no real biggie.

Ponn

Banned
Always check who its shipped and sold from on Amazon. Yes its definitely a shame they will put 3rd party sellers under the big buy it now button but its something you have to be aware of and watch out for when buying on Amazon.

neonglow

This happened to me with the newest Call of Duty. It was sold by Amazon and not a third party. I know Amazon mixes their inventory with third party sellers so it's one big pile to them.

This also affects stuff like micro SD cards too. People have gotten counterfeit cards since the pile of goods gets combined.

this happened to me with nier and it pissed me off so dam much. i wasn't about to make an eu account just to redeem the day 1 dlc code so i made them ship me a new game.

Jawmuncher

Happened to me with Rock Band on Xbox One. Which is funny since it was sold by an Amazon subsidiary woot. Not a big deal for Xbox one games though since DLC is region free. PS4 I'd be pissed though

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Yep happened to me a few weeks ago. Contacted support and they refunded me in full and told me to just toss out the game.

NoKisum

this happened to me with nier and it pissed me off so dam much. i wasn't about to make an eu account just to redeem the day 1 dlc code so i made them ship me a new game.

I'm so glad that I'm not alone in this. I sent Neir back and specifically requested an NA copy, came the next day (surprisingly fast, I admit), and ended up with another PAL game. I sent both back, got my refund, and just bit the bullet by going to Gamestop. I honestly haven't played the game yet partially due to this.
Also, work really ramped up recently, so I've been busy.

Same thing happened to me when I ordered COD: IW from a 3rd party seller.

I think you just need to make sure whatever you're ordering is sold by Amazon.com.

Top Bottom