• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anyone else touch their face or eyes after cutting hot peppers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always make sure not to do such a thing lol. Occasionally I'll move my hand toward my face with the intention of rubbing my eyes, but I always catch myself before I actually make contact. It's like some sort of spidey sense goes off in my brain when I know there's something I shouldn't be doing.

RankoSD said:
Well, here is my brutal story.

My mom and I were having a lunch and she was sitting across the table, and then started slicing a red hot pepper.

As she sliced it, a seed got big air time, it flew right into my right FREAKIN' EYE, I mean, what's the possibility of that? Like one in a million?

And then what happened? Naturally when something hits your eye it closes instantly, and mine did that, as lucky as I was, the seed got stuck in there, and then the pain started...

Let me just say that that was the hardest pain that I ever felt in my life, teeth pain, as hard as it can get is a baby compared to this.

I thought that I would never be able to see from that eye again because of the pain.

As my eye closed, I felt that the seed was stuck inside and started rubbing my closed eye which was a very, very bad idea because the seed spread its "ingredients" at every direction at that point.

I got in the bathroom in front of a mirror and, as my eye was closed because of the pain I couldn't open it without my hands, I used my left hand fingers to open it and my right hand fingers for picking the seed out.

Everything about my eye was red, minutes flew and "luckily" because of the pain I didn't felt my fingers touching my eye and I was able to pick the seed out, but the pain didn't stop.

I flushed the hell out of my eye with water, and after 10 minutes under water the pain started to ease, it was swollen a little bit but not as much as I was expecting it to be...

That little fucking thing is what, like a millimeter long and still can cause the pain like that.

The funny thing is, I see things sharper in the distance with that eye now.
Sharper vision, eh...?

Gaborn

Valhalla said:
This sucks, ive never done this before...Im jealous. I will have to do this on purpose. So whats worse, eyes, dick, asshole or nose?

I've heard of some people in BDSM using capsaicin oil on someone's ass before or during a spanking (sometimes instead of it) to make the burn stronger. Apparently it's quite effective.

Yeah one time I rubbed one of my eyes with green pepper juice on my hands and it still gives me nightmares to this day. Dumbest thing I've ever did.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
I was making some jalapeno poppers the other day, cut in half, scrapped out the guts, filled with cream cheese, wrapped in bacon and on to the smoker.

Well, anyhow I have all the extra pepper parts and for some stupid ass reason I tossed them down the garbage disposal.

Bad idea, my kids eyes were burning in the other room after that, not to say how bad that burned my eyes.

My poor kids.

Safe Bet

Banned
Can't relate, haven't touched my face or eyes after cutting hot peppers because I have self control and am responsible.

Loki

Count of Concision
Once after briefly handling a Scotch Bonnet pepper, I went to wash my hands but decided to take a piss first. You can picture the rest. True story.

BeeDog

Just did it the other day. Fucking hell, worst feeling in a looong, looong time. My left eye was like a damn waterfall.

CrankyJay

Banned
weekend_warrior said:
Really don't understand the problem you guys are having, I just wash my hands after cutting peppers and never have any problems.

Sometimes the oils from the peppers don't wash out with hand washing.

I managed to give my gf a hot fanny the other day after making chilli prawns for dinner. I then ended up with a chilli mouth and penis. Not my best day :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom