• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anyone feel differently about their Switch Pre-Order weeks later?

Lgndryhr

To commemorate this glorious thread, I submit this GIF to you gaf.

32110110334_1b7c841315_o.gif

Haha pretty much my reaction.

H3xum

Anyone with remorse in this thread want to sell me a Neo Switch at cost? :)

I didn't want it at announce but now that it's closer, I'm feeling it

Really wished the gamestop I go to gotten more, or Newegg gotten some more units. Well here's hoping that I get lucky and can find a grey switch on launch date. If not I can wait til the next shipment show up.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Figured this was worth a bump to check hype levels now that we're a week out and all the Switch and Zelda previews being discussed.

For me, no regrets in deciding to hold off and probably just get Zelda on Wii U after finishing Horizon and Mass Effect.

Switch can wait for more games I care about, the VC to launch, online infrastructure app etc. to be out and reviewed and any kinks like the JoyCon signal issues to be worked out.

I also want to see how more games do in console mode, given reports of some frame rate issues in Zelda docked that aren't there in portable mode, since I have little interest in portable mode.

speiky

First Nintendo console I'm buying since the GameCube (!).
I know I missed twilight princess and skyward sword but I feel that I CAN NOT miss breath of the wild.
I can't even miss day 1 breath of the wild.
You can ask Vegeta about my hype level...

linkboy

Nope. I'm getting it now because I have the case. I'm going to be discharged from the air force soon, and if I don't get it now, I won't be able to for a good long time.

spekkeh

Banned
Got a confirmation mail it would be with me on launch day. Now counting down the seconds like

giphy.gif

I might buy Horizon just to tide me over the last two days.

Chumley

Banned
First Nintendo console I'm buying since the GameCube (!).
I know I missed twilight princess and skyward sword but I feel that I CAN NOT miss breath of the wild.
I can't even miss day 1 breath of the wild.
You can ask Vegeta about my hype level...

This is me too. Feels good coming back after so long. I hope they port over TP HD eventually since I never played it or any Wii/Wii u games for that matter.

I had it pre-ordered, but I decided to cancel it a few days ago. I'll wait it out and see how it does first, I don't really want another Wii U, it feels like it had droughts worse than the N64. If it turns out to be more of a 3DS type deal I'll go for it though, at least it will have a decent stream of games throughout it's life then, but currently it's just too risky for me. Maybe next year.

Well since I mostly PC game and I'm buying it for Zelda now and Mario Kart next month it's super worth.

Next Thursday can't get here soon enough.

noshten

Still can't wait to get mine and kinda of bummed that I'm only really going to get to play it after the 17th, but gotta get those rl priorities sorted first before I can dedicate myself to Zelda for a bit. I do expect I'm going to be playing this a lot in my bed and will probably get one of those tablet stands.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
We need a thread asking who skipped Wii U and is getting a Switch. On forum.hardware.fr the poll shows it's one third of the Switch preorders, which is big for day one.

Lgndryhr

We need a thread asking who skipped Wii U and is getting a Switch. On forum.hardware.fr the poll shows it's one third of the Switch preorders, which is big for day one.

I feel like I saw this thread before.

I am one of them that skipped the Wii U and is getting a Switch.

shark sandwich

tenuously links anime, pedophile and incels
Cancelled mine a couple days ago. I have too many great games to play in March as it is (Horizon, Mass Effect, Nier, Berseria). Switch feels like an afterthought right now.

Hearing about the Joycon de-syncing issue was the final straw for me. No sense buying one until the games I really want are available.

Also, I preordered a Wii U back in the day. I loved the hell out of its meager launch lineup. But I also felt way too emotionally invested in the system's success. I don't feel like doing that again. Better to take a wait and see approach this time.

Yea I realized it's the same old Nintendo & there's too much to play on my PS4. Trying to sell my preorder as we speak. Will buy the console when there's at least 5 games I want to play on it.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
I pre-ordered it just for Zelda and that's all I'll be playing on it for a good long while. However I need one anyway for when Mario drops, so may as well get one now.

However after playing Splatoon 2 at a press event I feel bad for missing out on the original on the WiiU. Definitely getting that this summer.

Chao

To be honest, the hype has been growing exponentially since the January direct. I placed my pre-order a few hours later "just in case", but due to the recent previews and hands on, next week is going to feel like a century.

Skronk

Banned
After hearing early Zelda impressions from Dan on the Giant Beastcast my hype levels are back up to max.

I'll admit that the Joycon issues had me worried but it doesn't sound like a deal breaker to me, seems like a lot of people are overreacting to be honest

IronStar

Neo Member
Not in the slightest. My excitement is contained and intact.

I am a rational person who understands major, global, product launches and the ups and downs that come with them.

I also understand Nintendo and its history. They've repeatedly shown they prefer 'soft' launches rather than a shot gunned approach. Userbase numbers are low, absorbtion levels will rise as will game releases and features.

They've positioned a product that has mostly positive impressions and outlook months ahead of a holiday season in which it will have no new competitors nor any existing ones. Backed by strong IPs and product vision, Nintendo and its Switch are playing a long game beyond just a launch window.

Kyonashi

I guess I was a little down on my initial hype but to be honest with all the other games coming out I only need Zelda on my Switch for the first few months anyway. And having had the chance to hold the hardware last week I'm excited to have my very own.

munster

Neo Member
I pre-ordered, then decided to cancel all Switch related pre-orders, games, accessories. I decided that a £400+ investment for a couple of games, and the amount of time i'd end up playing it. Wasn't really worth it. I'll stick with the Wii U for my family entertainment.

I could end up with a switch further down the line. I'll wait and see how it sells.

My expectations have been set at a healthy level due to this still being a launch, but my hype levels have only gotten more extreme over time, even past the presentation and the unfortunate news.

The only worry I actually have is which SKU I'm getting: grey or neon. I preordered at Walmart and they only seem to have a generic pre-sale placeholder. Has anyone had any experience with Walmart before? I'm guessing I'll have to show up early if I want to guarantee a neon...

E-phonk

Banned
I was on the line wether to buy at launch or not after the january direct, decided to do it anyways for Zelda (got my Wii U for Wind Waker HD) and don't regret it seeing all the previews.

Will probably only receive it on the 6th or 7th due to ordering it abroad but that's fine, i'll live.

kromeo

Worries me a bit that the second game I'll likely buy for the thing is Xenoblade 2 which might not even be out this year

Also thinking the neon might look a bit naff but it's not like iI'd ever use it in public anyway

I'm having second thoughts about my color selection, but otherwise am excited as can be. I've got the neon but I'm kinda wishing I had gone with gray instead. I have some travel for work coming up and I'll be taking it with me - would prefer not to draw too much attention to myself at the airport.

The Hermit

Cancelled mine a couple days ago. I have too many great games to play in March as it is (Horizon, Mass Effect, Nier, Berseria). Switch feels like an afterthought right now.

Hearing about the Joycon de-syncing issue was the final straw for me. No sense buying one until the games I really want are available.

Also, I preordered a Wii U back in the day. I loved the hell out of its meager launch lineup. But I also felt way too emotionally invested in the system's success. I don't feel like doing that again. Better to take a wait and see approach this time.

This is a smart take actually, you have to be really sure if you want the system. I promised myself that I would never buy a console/portable at launch since the 3DS.

Still it was a hard week for me, the hype was getting into me, but a couple of things helped:

-I have a WiiU for Zelda.
-The Switch will cost at launch where I live around 3x its price.

I am still undecided when I will buy it, but a wait and see approach is the better one tbh.

I had held off on the Wii U then when news of the NX was hitting I figured I would just skip it altogether for the Switch.

And with having it pre-ordered on Amazon, I was able to use some gift cards I had from Christmas and have it already completely paid off. Also paid off a copy of Zelda over at the Gamestop around the corner from me.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
My waffling is complete, walked in to Fry's on a whim at 11:30 this morning, and said fuck it since they still had a bunch. I'd canceled my BestBuy preorder a couple weeks back and spent a lot of energy trying not to regret it, especially with reports of the Wii U version being less than stellar.

Skipping the pro controller for now. Want to give the joycons a fair shake before dropping $70 on that right now.

Top Bottom