• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anyone getting Star Wars: Jedi Survivor when it comes out?

I liked fallen order a lot and the scene at the end with you know who was very memorable.

I'll definitely be picking survivor up when it comes out in March 2023. I hope that the plot is more interesting this time around though, fallen order was one of those games where the plot is just one massive fetch quest and nothing much happens until the climax. It would be nice to see more of the inquisitors as well, perhaps maybe one of the inquisitors is actually a double agent who helps cal and company. Also want to see more of mommy merrin.

Gameplay wise, I wouldn't mind if they added some hack n slash elements to make it more hype like a "stinger" type move and a launch and let you fling enemies into each other like in the force unleashed games. It's going to take full advantage of next gen consoles as well. Lots of potential with next gen. I look forward to the gameplay trailer which will probably be shown at TGA 2022.

Last edited:

CeeJay

FO was a pain in the ass when you just needed to fetch something from the far end of a level and then had to get all the way back to the ship again. One level in particular (the diagonal lift one) was difficult to navigate and the map was little help to work out which way you needed to go to get back. If refusing to add fast travel they should have at least given us a quick way back to the ship.

IFireflyl

Gold Member
Fallen Order didn't have the replayability that I wanted. It came out with New Game+ well after the initial launch, but even that didn't carry over collectibles or Force Powers. And, as others have said, it was a bit tedious at times.

Having said that, if they correct these things with the new game I'll probably buy it.

Castro27

I think so. I really enjoyed FO (with all of its issues) so if they can expand on that while addressing the boring backtrack then I think we're good.

nah, the first one was not bad but not something i want to play again.

what sold me on it was people saying it was a souls game set in the star wars universe. while it did share some similarities it also felt like a tomb raider/uncharted game. it couldn't make up it's mind what it wanted to be.

if this sequel is leaning more towards being soulslike then sure as shit i'll give it a chance if i have time.

FO was a pain in the ass when you just needed to fetch something from the far end of a level and then had to get all the way back to the ship again. One level in particular (the diagonal lift one) was difficult to navigate and the map was little help to work out which way you needed to go to get back. If refusing to add fast travel they should have at least given us a quick way back to the ship.
Quick travel defeats the point of playing the game. You're meant to explore the different planets not just warp to the objective and back.

They could have made the map more straightforward however.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
If it's $60 I probably would, depending on the timing of release and what I'm playing. The first one is the best Star Wars game since KOTOR 1 and 2.

If it's $70 I'll probably wait a very long time, possibly until it hits EA Play.

Last edited:
I’ll probably get it when it’s on sale for $20 or less like I did the first one.

Though I did like the first game I don’t buy anything Star Wars day one anymore.

ReBurn

Gold Member
Nah. It'll hit EA Play sooner or later. I'll play it then unless there's a good digital deal on it before then.

Kacho

Gold Member
Yeah, apparantly theres going to be gameplay mechanics not possible with 8th gen hardware.
I take it you struggle with reading comprehension. I didn’t suggest being a next gen game would lead to unique gameplay mechanics. If you played the first game you would know that the gameplay was janky and I want to see how much they improve it.

Drizzlehell

Banned
office-space-fuckin-a.gif

I take it you struggle with reading comprehension. I didn’t suggest being a next gen game would lead to unique gameplay mechanics. If you played the first game you would know that the gameplay was janky and I want to see how much they improve it.
K

Fbh

I don't really buy games at launch anymore but I'm definitely going to be buying this at some point.
Really enjoyed the first one with its mix of combat, exploration and light platforming, I even enjoyed the backtracking. If they can improve the combat a bit and have better bosses battles the sequel should be awesome.

I don't really buy games at launch anymore but I'm definitely going to be buying this at some point.
Really enjoyed the first one with its mix of combat, exploration and light platforming, I even enjoyed the backtracking. If they can improve the combat a bit and have better bosses battles the sequel should be awesome.
I may be in the minority but the combat was great(especially the boss battles) imo. A nice blend of methodical soulslike gameplay with force powers. It feels very rich compared to the force unleashed games.

Last edited:

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
I'll wait for reviews. I wasn't enamored with Fallen Order. I felt like there were too many old school type of slow traversal sections. The combat felt odd in which you;re a Jedi with a lightsaber but a fight with two storm troopers could be a chore, while your laser sword that can slice through anything is bouncing off them like a foam bat. I also thought the Soul's light approach to combat just felt wrong for a Jedi game too - it slowed everything down to where it felt like you were just some slow moving guy with a sword, not a Jedi with a lightsaber.

I'll wait for reviews. I wasn't enamored with Fallen Order. I felt like there were too many old school type of slow traversal sections. The combat felt odd in which you;re a Jedi with a lightsaber but a fight with two storm troopers could be a chore, while your laser sword that can slice through anything is bouncing off them like a foam bat. I also thought the Soul's light approach to combat just felt wrong for a Jedi game too - it slowed everything down to where it felt like you were just some slow moving guy with a sword, not a Jedi with a lightsaber.
You'd really hate the force unleashed then where it takes like 20 fucking slashes to kill off a regular stormtrooper

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Prepare for the same thing in Wolverine. You can't just have a character cutting through everything in 1 hit.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
You'd really hate the force unleashed then where it takes like 20 fucking slashes to kill off a regular stormtrooper

Yea I never played that one. Doesn't sound like it would be my cup of tea.

I tolerated it in Knights of the Old Republic because the pseudo-turnbased nature and ability to one-shot weaker enemies with Jedi or Dark Side skills made it workable and often feel right. Can't say the same for Fallen Order but then again, I didn't really try to delve too deep into after the first few hours so maybe I am just uninformed / am a scrub.

Alpha Male

Abso-fukn-lutely!

I loved the first game and I'm a big Star Wars fan. Hopefully they improve the exploration aspect and also on number of puzzles and their difficulty.

jaysius

Banned
I loved the first one, I played it once on PS4 Pro, then again on Series X with the 60fps patch.

I love it, but I find it really hard to justify full price for a one off single player game.

digdug2

The only thing that really bugged me about Fallen Order was that the ability to double jump was one of the last that you get (if not the last), and it was attained all the way at the end. Otherwise, I really enjoyed the game over all and will be picking up the sequel when it comes out.

Last edited:
Top Bottom