• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anyone getting Star Wars: Jedi Survivor when it comes out?

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
At some point sure.

But I wasn’t thrilled with the combat in Fallen Order. Parrying just didn’t feel right, and it was silly to me that stormtroopers and space moles could beat me. I felt like a chump with pretty weak force powers.

It really was Star Wars Uncharted.

Having said that I still had a good time with it overall.

Doom85

I kept wanting to pick up the guns like in Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy. That was my biggest complaint.

Obi Wan Episode 3 GIF by Star Wars

Vick

No. The first had terrible gameplay.
It absolutely didn't. Not much depth, but once mastered still satisfying.

I just missed dismemberment and focus on physics, yes they are still in the game but extremely toned down compared to the Lucas games, and the metroidvania structure could have been executed better as many areas felt way to small.
Game was also woke as fuck, but still good nonetheless. Some:

Vader

Sequences were amazing.

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Day One.
Unless its releasing around the same time as The Coalitions next project.

Its not a must have, but if it gets launched in the right window im all for it.
The first one got me by surprise I expected to enjoy it but didnt think i would like it as much as I actually did.
Maybe going in with low expectations bolstered my enjoyment of the title.

P.S
Unpopular opinion, Cal is the least interesting character in his own game.
I wouldnt mind playing literally anyone else in the sequel.

Kataploom

Gold Member
I loved Fallen Order so I'll pick the next one, just not sure I will at launch.

It's one of those games I wish released more since everything nowadays is TPS or FPS and while I have fun with them, not the type of fantasy I like for myself, prefer more melee combat.

I hope they don't do the stupidity to make it fully open world because then I'll just give up on the franchise for a while (unless comments are way too good).

ToTTenTranz

Banned
The answer is yes.
I'll probably buy it on disc for the PS5 so I can lend it to friends, or they'll buy it on disc and lend me eventually.

Kataploom

Gold Member
Day One.
Unless its releasing around the same time as The Coalitions next project.

Its not a must have, but if it gets launched in the right window im all for it.
The first one got me by surprise I expected to enjoy it but didnt think i would like it as much as I actually did.
Maybe going in with low expectations bolstered my enjoyment of the title.

P.S
Unpopular opinion, Cal is the least interesting character in his own game.
I wouldnt mind playing literally anyone else in the sequel.
Can understand this since I hate Naruto because of the same reason, but in his case I can understand it since he's too young, he's alone, he wasn't prepared at all for all that shit and basically had to carry his ass however he could and managed to do well enough... But as I said, he's too young and it's pretty normal for him to have so many hesitations and not make the best decisions all as an adult Obiwan would.

Not really. It just didn't feel good to play and the areas were pretty linear.
I agree the different planets didn't offer much open world free roam.

For me, I think the Star Wars tone and the personality of the characters carried it and made it a level above a bog standard cash grab.

Last edited:
I came out the metaphorical Star Wars closet last year and admitted that i don’t and never have actually liked Star Wars.

Its such a lame fucking franchise tbh

stn

Yeah, for sure. I enjoyed the first one and intend to platinum it at some point. It was a very "safe" game though so I hope this one does things a bit differently.

Solarium

Neo Member
yes, but I'm hoping they're able to fix some of the obvious issues in the last one cause they were annoying to deal with (looking at you, excessive backtracking)

Yeah. I really like the crew of the first game and if they go grim dark af with the sequel, it will be epic.
Its funny how ea is changing strats, when Fallen Order was revealed, it was balls to the wall coverage up to release. Now, we barely get a trailer..bam march release date (rumored).

Yeah, for sure. I enjoyed the first one and intend to platinum it at some point. It was a very "safe" game though so I hope this one does things a bit differently.
This game is said to be a lot darker and might be more ambitious since it's next gen exclusive.

Yeah. I really like the crew of the first game and if they go grim dark af with the sequel, it will be epic.
Its funny how ea is changing strats, when Fallen Order was revealed, it was balls to the wall coverage up to release. Now, we barely get a trailer..bam march release date (rumored).

This. Just make the plot dark as fuck and it should work.

You'd really hate the force unleashed then where it takes like 20 fucking slashes to kill off a regular stormtrooper
Prepare for the same thing in Wolverine. You can't just have a character cutting through everything in 1 hit.
But why not? The problem is games are so locked into safe formulas/templates now they have to play a certain way, like part souls, part Metroidvania, etc to accomodate player familiarity. You can have lightsabers one hit stormtroopers. Just design the game around that and make the challenge come from elsewhere. Jedi Outcast did it, 20 years ago:

Top Bottom