• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anyone here from ResetEra?

Status
Not open for further replies.

God Enel

This thread started out nicely. But after some time it went to shit.
I don’t like it that some guys here are shouting NPC soyboy or whatever. That doesn’t make us better than them over there. IMHO the thread can be closed. What started as a nice discourse went down the shitter. I do think we can do better.

Some great posts here btw. I think especially @dmaul1114 was great to read.

SirTerry-T

I'm in my mid-forties, hung around a lot of forums, this place included but never joined back then because the whole email/registering system seemed overly draconian for something as simple as talking about video games.
When the new place opened up, I saw a chance to register and did.
The news is good over there but that's down to the amount of traffic flowing through it rather than any superstar posters.
Like any social gathering, cliques form and egos get massaged, and wo betide if your face doesn't fit...Im guessing this place has had its moments like that too.

All the other stuff... I can take it or leave it. A lot of the debate in the political/lifestyle/social discourse comes across as petulance rather than mature discussion, plus I'm a Brit so my opinion would probably get lost in the noise.

The new design is awful though, I browse on mobile and it physically pains my eyes to spend any amount of time on there at the moment.

I'd say the folk behind the look of this place have got the balance right between form and functionality.

I think as you get older, the very notion of "arguing" on the internet just seems daft.
Each to their own though.

Last edited:
I'm in my mid forties, hung around a lot of forums, this place included but never joined back then because the whole email/registerjng system seemed overly draconian for something as simple as talking about video games.
When the new place opened up, I saw a chance to register and did.
The news is good over there but that's down to the amount of traffic flowing through it rather than any superstar posters.
All the other stuff I can take it or leave it, a lot of the political stuff just comes across as petulance rather than mature discussion, plus I'm a Brit so my opinion would probably get lost in the noise.

The new design is awful though, I browse on mobile and it physically pains my eyes to spend any amount of time on there at the moment.

I'd say the folk behind the look of this place have got the balance right between form and functionality.

I think as you get older, the very notion of "arguing" on the internet just seems daft.
Each to their own though.
Thanks for joining NeoGAF. Glad you are here.

Thankfully the NeoGAF Staff have given us multiple options in terms of themes to use. I actually find myself changing everyday to see what I like best. I use Classic Light and Modern Dark.

We are working hard to get the news up as it comes out. We will get better.

Reach out to me or anyone else really if you need anything.

Elfstar

I agree that what this place needs most are news and OT comunities, while no one really cares for dumb, random opinion pieces. Sadly, there's also no way to avoid shitty fanboy wars, because that's the kind of people that every single gaming comunity will always attract.

I don't like all the silly, low effort 4chan meme posts either, but the moderation alone will always make this place ten thousand times better.

The most frustrating thing about all this situation is that most of the folk posting on the other site (as well as those that used to write on old Gaf) are just normal people that want to read gaming news and to talk about videogames, but they're being held hostage by that insane, crazy authoritarian minority that somehow ended up infiltrating and hijacking the whole comunity.

Last edited:

Keylime

Spoiler Tag Abuser
Hey folks,

I think this thread has run it's course at this point, but we wanted to extend our thanks to folks who have come back home, or checked us out for the first time as a result of all the noise going on over there.

Please remember that if you were previously banned unjustly, we have our Ban Justice thread, and if you're still looking to participate on some inter-site drama, we have the RE OT in the community section.

Any more specific questions you may have can always be sent to the staff and we'll be happy to help!

I have nothing else interesting to say, I just have to keep up with my reputation of putting spoiler tags everywhere. So here it is...my spoiler text. This is the area where I generally put my genuine thoughts vs. my random sarcastic ones. And for some reason you're reading it. You should probably be doing something else that isn't reading this text. There's a lot of really cool stuff out there!

We've got the GAF GOTY voting getting ready to start
Smash Reviews are getting posted, and coming out tomorrow!

You can chat about your love or hate of Broccoli here! Wow!

Or what about the deplatforming of divisive people?! That's sure to spark some fireworks! Hoo buddy!

This site's got it all. Wow wee!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom