• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anyone here have deadbeat parents?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ballhog

Yes I do, And no, haven't talked to my father for five years easy. But it's not like I make any sort of effort. At this point, it's sort of a relief he dosen't call, the last thing I need is more uncomfortable telephone conversations.

DJ Sl4m

JeffDowns said:
....I know a quarter of us probably do... How do you feel about them, do you still talk/associate with them?

My father I've never met, I don't have any feeling towards him.
I can't love/hate someone I've never met or even know what it would feel like and be like to have around.

My mom is a useless bitch, she dropped myself, brother and sister off at a distant relative's house when we were all young. I was the oldest at 13 years old, I left at 15, basicly I raised myself. finished high school, attended 2 -1/2 years of college till money was too tight and I've been working ever since, voila!!!!

DJ Sl4m said:
I can't love/hate someone I've never met or even know what it would feel like and be like to have around.

My mom is a useless bitch, she dropped myself, brother and sister off at a distant relative's house when we were all young. I was the oldest at 13 years old, I left at 15, basicly I raised myself. finished high school, attended 2 -1/2 years of college till money was too tight and I've been working ever since, voila!!!!

Damn, do you talk to your moms now?

ballhog said:
Yes I do, And no, haven't talked to my father for five years easy. But it's not like I make any sort of effort. At this point, it's sort of a relief he dosen't call, the last thing I need is more uncomfortable telephone conversations.

I feel that. Maybe one day ya will, now just doesn't seem to be the time.

Willco

Hollywood Square
JEFF I'M HERE FOR YOU!

hug.jpg

DJ Sl4m

JeffDowns said:
Damn, do you talk to your moms now?

Not in the last 4 years, which is the last time I've attended Xmas with the family.
Honestly, my family is filled with selfish useless asses, she just happens top be the queen ass.

ballhog

DJ Sl4m said:

That's pretty rough, still no reason to like Linkin Park. I kid.

DJ Sl4m

ballhog said:
That's pretty rough, still no reason to like Linkin Park. I kid.

LOL, pretty good.

Believe it or not, I'm nowhere near as defensive as I used to be. In person I'm extremely laid back, untill I'm gearing up to workout, or when someone wrongs a close friend.

Pachinko

I haven't lived with my actual parents since I was 12, my step dad is a deabeat who refuses to work for minimum wage and thus doesn't work at all really. My mom works her butt off but I got sick of my step dad though so I moved in with other relatives.

My real dad seemed okay but after 11 years of ignoring me and 2 years of getting to know him he decided I should go live with him and I was basically like fuck no. He disowned me so I havent seen him since I was 13. Don't care if I ever do either.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
I have a dead parent and a terminal parent.

Don't be so hard on your parents, you all owe them your lives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom