• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anyone here into kayaking/camping/hiking etc?

dcll

Banned
Edit: auto correct on my phone and I can't see how to edit the title, it should be into and not until

I am looking for new places to kayak in the surround States but I'm pretty lucky to have some amazing places within a few hours drive in different directions (Buffalo River being my absolute favorite)

Last edited:
I like hiking and camping,

Did some sea kayaking and camping in san juan islands. That was dope.

Alaskas always insanely gorgeous.

Unfortunately i live on east coast so the landscape isnt as miraculous as the west.

Shelbutt

No, but man you just reminded me how much fun kayaking is. I HIGHLY recommend it to anyone who likes being outside. Plus it's a great workout

dcll

Banned
I have been wanting to get a mountain bike for awhile but not sure which one. I don't want to do any hardcore mountain biking or anything and would like something that would be good on the street as well. I also would prefer to buy used to save cash

Last edited:

J-Roderton

Can anyone recommend any brands for good hammocks? The kind that can be tied to trees for campsites?

Never used one before but I'd like to get one for this year.

I live in Oregon so I have to do all of this stuff. I haven't used a hammock though.

I have been wanting to get a mountain bike for awhile but not sure which one. I don't want to do any hardcore mountain biking or anything and would like something that would be good on the street as well. I also would prefer to buy used to save cash

What's your budget? I love mountain biking.

I actually need to get a vehicle attachment for my kayaks.

I bought inflatable paddle boards from Costco and while they are nice, it's better to spare no expense and not get the inflatable ones.

Last edited by a moderator:

dcll

Banned
I live in Oregon so I have to do all of this stuff. I haven't used a hammock though.

What's your budget? I love mountain biking.

I actually need to get a vehicle attachment for my kayaks.

I bought inflatable paddle boards from Costco and while they are nice, it's better to spare no expense and not get the inflatable ones.

I dont have a budget limit but dont really want to spend more than 4-500 on a used bike. I have a truck and an suv with a rack but I bought this for my little Scion to haul my kayak, it was cheap and works great on any vehicle to haul a kayak. The straps it comes with suck so use good straps

When I was in Oregon I had never seen so many kayaks and mountain bikes in a place

Last edited:

Dark Star

Hiking is lovely if you have trails near where you live. Also, there is nothing better than getting down and dirty on dual-sport bike or ATV in the wilderness whilst on a road/camping trip. That is the best time ever. I'd love to try it once I get my hands on one.

Road tripping in general can be a good time if you have good company. Living in the USA has its benefits right there - Drive to colorado and enjoy the natural mountainous terrain. Drive to california and enjoy the beautiful beaches. Kayaking is something i've only done a few times in Texas rivers, but there are loads of places to that.

Last edited:

J-Roderton

More than likely camping this weekend with the dog. Just a one-day thing. Right in time for a heatwave apparently. Wonderful.

mcz117chief

I love hiking, I actually just got back from my trip which included hiking the Italian alps. I love Austrian and Italian alps the most. Also, I love to do hike the Japanese mountains and hills whenever possible. Last year I was in the Nagasaki area and I can't wait to get back there this September. I was thinking about moving up Fujisan but it might not be worth it, I am still pondering whether I should do it.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member

I actually wanted to go camping by myself after reading Yuru Camp but I'm afraid this might happen.

12Goblins

Lil’ Gobbie
Had a couple awesome kayaking trips the past couple weeks

Wapanocca Lake and National Wildlife Refuge

Current River in Missouri

Dang would like to take one of the couple day canoeing trips down the Missouri River

Last edited:
I used to be into kayaking. Racing and long distance specifically. Until the shark attack. I sold my kayak and that was the end of that. Ain't nobody got time to be eaten by sharks.

2P4YDKS.jpg

Had the 3+ meter bull shark successfully tipped me when it nosed my vessel I would have been bitten. I managed to not panic and made it safely to shore.

Last edited:

joombo

Banned
I'm interested in hiking too. I really want to eventually be able to go on long hikes that take a couple of days or so. I even read info about walkie-talkies for hiking. Planning a long hike with friends next month. I've never been on any serious hikes, just a couple of hour hikes when I went camping when I was younger. It's gonna be entertaining

Last edited:

dcll

Banned
It has been crappy weather for months but yesterday was a nice day and took advantage

The Buffalo River near Ponca, AR

eot

Banned
Hiking yeah, been a while since I did any much canoeing or camping tho, but I used to do it more as a kid.
Went up Kilimanjaro and that was cool, would like to do some more tall peaks.

TaySan

Banned
I'm just starting to get into hiking trails near where i live, but the corona stuff is making me stay home. :(((

Top Bottom