• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anyone know of a good, free host?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bowser

I'm looking for a free host where I can upload images. I really wanna participate in things like the desktop threads and the "post a pic of yourself" stuff, but I can't work all this host stuff and the like. So, anyone know of a good, easy-to-use host?

Chrono

Banned
www.20megsfree.com

I hosted a smily there and it worked ---->
jig.gif
but when I uploaded my desktop image and tried to post it in this forum, it said the site forbids remote linking. Not sure what's going on but you get 20 megs so try it out. :)

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
250free.com works for all my joke pics, avatar, desktops etc. Other people leech my ::bailout:: pic and I have never really over used the bandwidth.

bailout.jpg

Bowser

I set up my own domain, but I can work how to get a pic from my computer to the domain/site/whatever. Can I get some help?

edit: from the 20megs one, I'm trying others now...

Chrono

Banned
Bowser said:
I set up my own domain, but I can work how to get a pic from my computer to the domain/site/whatever. Can I get some help?

When you log into your host's site, browse around for an "upload files" section. It could be part of "work on my site" or any other link you might suspect has to do with working on your site. when you click upload it opens up a broswer window that lets you browse your pc and from there just click on whatever you want to upload.

OR, you can use an FTP. google for cute ftp. You'll need the host's address for that so only use it if your host has given you information for using an FTP.

Bowser

testing

carkicks.bmp

edit: Whoo, it works! Thanks to all for helping me (I ended up using 250free.com cause the 20megs was confusing [I must be retarded, but there was too much stuff], and the photobucket activation link wouldn't work :/)

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
I like 250free as well becuse you are given ftp access and it is nice not to have to jump through hoops to get something on uploaded. I use a simple no frills, but fast ftp client.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom