• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

anyone knows WHY WARIO WARE TWISTED WASN'T RELEASED ON EUROPE!?

tanasten

glad to heard people isn't stupid anymore
Checking on my favorite game of last gen, it came back to my memories.

Wario Ware, the game that just revolutionized Nintendo and the whole gaming industry (for those who attended of course) got a second chance on the GBA.

wario-ware-twisted.jpg

wwtwist1.jpg

img000300d.jpg

wario_twisted_image01.jpg

6.jpg

4.jpg

(Random goggle shots)

And you know?

¡IT -- WASN'T -- RELEASED -- ON -- EUROPE!

WFT NINTENDO! WHAT'S WITH YOU ALL PEOPLE!?

Wario Ware was the game that changed the perception of gaming to hundreds of people, that revolutionized the Nintendo concept on gaming, AND YOU'RE NOT PUBLISHING THE GAME THERE!!!!!!

COME ON!

Is there anyone who knows WHY THIS ****ING GEM WASN'T NEVER RELEASED?

:cryes:

tanasten

FlyinJ said:
International gyroscope import laws.

Can't be true.

Nintendo Europe said the game will come out someday time ago. They just said it wasn't the moment.

I ask now, WHEN IT'S THE MOMENT!

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
It has Mercury in it I believe... not sure but something in it does'nt comply with one or more of your product standards.

Wasnt that because of some poisonous ingredients of the twist-technology? Soemthing that didnt go along European laws? Dunno exactly, though.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Wario64 said:
wtf that's lame. Sneak that bitch into Europe. YOU MUST PLAY THIS GAME

1 888 FOR T.I.P.S.

If you put this cart into a European GBA, you hate freedom.

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
Seems the perfect thread for this instead of making a "LTTP" thread...

Just picked this up yesterday for $10 new and man I'm having fun. I'm kicking myself for waiting so long! I just wish it fit into a DS case like my other GBA games. :(

VOOK said:
It has Mercury in it I believe... not sure but something in it does'nt comply with one or more of your product standards.
Yoshi's Topsy Turvy was released :[

An there's no mercury in it (I remember visiting the manufacturer's site)

Futureman

Wario Ware Touched is really the only Wario Ware game I've played. I love it too. How would you guys rank the Wario Ware games? Is twisted better than touched?

fresquito

Billy Rygar said:
It's not. It's a big part of the reason a release date hasn't been announced.
First news to me. Source?

tanasten said:
Can't be true.

Nintendo Europe said the game will come out someday time ago. They just said it wasn't the moment.

I ask now, WHEN IT'S THE MOMENT!
You ask for a reason, you're given one, yet you refuse to believe it? Don't ask next time.

Futureman said:
Wario Ware Touched is really the only Wario Ware game I've played. I love it too. How would you guys rank the Wario Ware games? Is twisted better than touched?
I haven't played twisted, but from what I hear, Touched is the worst out of he bunch.

Twisted seems to be the best, then the original, then Touched. The GC version is not exactly new, so I won't rank it.

Yeah i heard some bullshit about that but still if you live in europe own a GBA/DS and dont have this game import now!

I got it in las vegas while i was at E3 and it is the best game i have played this year period ... and that includes metal gear solid 3.

tanasten

Futureman said:

Wario Ware Touched was the baddest as I know.

The original Wario Ware on GBA is the best gaming experience I had since the Super Famicon era. So simply, pure & true gaming for everyone & all ages. It will change your perception of gaming.

BUY THEM NOW! You will be bitching yourself for not believe on them.

fresquito

tHa_vIlLaMaN said:
When's the last time a game was released on Europe anyways? :lol
Probably last time someone whose first language is not english released it. Wanna try saying the same phrase in Spanish?

tanasten

fresquito said:
Probably last time someone whose first language is not english released it. Wanna try saying the same phrase in Spanish?

De todos modos, cuando fue la ultima vez que un juego fue lanzado encima de Europa?

tanasten

fresquito said:
You´re not very bright, are you? I was't quoting you.

Edit:
Fixed for you ;)

Por una puta ocasion que tengo de hablar en mi idioma...

Translation:
For one ****ed oportunity I had to talk in my lang...

The tillt sensor need to be changed befoe the game can be released in Europe. It is still scheduled for release in Europe but it might take a while to make the necessary changes.

Sad_Panda

The tilt sensor contains mercury, so it can't be released as it is in Europe. Shame, really, WWT easily stands out as the best one in the series.

BTW, Drill Dozer and Metroid Prime Pinball were also delayed countless times in Europe...and looking at NoE's latest release schedule, seems like Nintendo has no more plans to bring them over. Anyone knows if there's any official reason to this ?

fresquito

Ninja Kn1ght said:
The tillt sensor need to be changed befoe the game can be released in Europe. It is still scheduled for release in Europe but it might take a while to make the necessary changes.
From what I hear, Nintendo is waiting for reality to fold up, then they can go back in time to when GBA is a hot item, so they can release the game and get lots of money :)

agent069

Banned
I couldn't wait too, I imported it last month ^^ Great game, I suggest all european gamer to do the same, especially the big release rush of the end of the year.

Sad_Panda said:
The tilt sensor contains mercury, so it can't be released as it is in Europe. Shame, really, WWT easily stands out as the best one in the series.

BTW, Drill Dozer and Metroid Prime Pinball were also delayed countless times in Europe...and looking at NoE's latest release schedule, seems like Nintendo has no more plans to bring them over. Anyone knows if there's any official reason to this ?
as I said: It doesn't contain mercury and yoshi's topsy turvy was released anyways...

Sad_Panda

Yoshi Tupsy-Turvy didn't use the same kind of tilt sensor; it only recognizes when the console's tilted left of right, whereas WWT sensor has a full-360° tilt recoginition.

As for the mercury thingy, I'm pretty sure WWT's sensor contain some, and that's the sole reason it's been delayed forever. Of course, I won't bust open my cartridge to verify if it's true.

Ravidrath

I believe the game tanked, saleswise, in Japan and the U.S. Probably just decided not to release it based on that?

Shame, though, 'cause it is a great game.

jgkspsx

You morons. The gyros are solid-state semiconductor chips and do not contain mercury.

Think I'm wrong? The part number and datasheet for the chip are publicly available. Look 'em up and prove it.

Why do people give answers they think they heard somewhere without doing any research, anyway?

OP: Because it tanked hard in Japan and the US. It's still one of the, oh, five best GBA games.

Top Bottom