• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anyone moving from PS to XBOX this generation? Hello....

SafeOrAlone

Banned
Anyone play Metal Gear Solid 2 or 3 on X-Box One? Thinking it's the first thing I'll do when i get the Series X, if it has any upgrades.

PresetError

Neophyte
I've said this many times: I will NEVER EVER own an Xbox because I don't want to contribute to the kind of gaming Microsoft envisions.

If I jump ship from Playstation, and this gen I might, it will be to PC.

lachesis

Well, I'm more or less "expanding" rather than moving.
GamePass sounds like a great deal for the gamers who didn't have Xbox library from previous generation(s) with very little cost to boot.

Most games that I like - such as Falcom and Atlus games or similar often don't find its way to Xbox side - and limited or very delayed released on PC side, so I am pretty much stuck in Sony and Nintendo side. Not particularly because I'm attached to Sony or Nintendo - but to the games on them.

I understand people going PS/PC route though - but I also like playing games on console. Of course you can get better performance out of PC, but I like simplicity of console gaming experience, even on Xbox.

lachesis

Anyone play Metal Gear Solid 2 or 3 on X-Box One? Thinking it's the first thing I'll do when i get the Series X, if it has any upgrades.

Apparently other than super solid 60fps and texture filtering... I don't think it has any resolution upgrades, but still the best way to play MGS HD I guess as far as performance is concerened.

I thought about going for it, but ended up buying MGS Legacy Collection (which has MGS4 included) on Amazon for 25 bucks for my PS3, while MGS HD collection goes for 24 bucks (on 360 ver). I'm sure it would not perform as well as Xbox One, probably only at 720p and some frame issues - but MGS4 for just additional dollar was something I just couldn't pass up, and it's coming in tomorrow! :D

I think MGS 2 and 3 are one package, and Peace Walker is another one on Xbox game market - each like 19 bucks. I am not sure why they are separate - I thought MGS HD collection disc had all those + original MSX MG1 and MG2... and not really sure how it would react if you insert physical disc.

Top Bottom