• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anyone moving from PS to XBOX this generation? Hello....

zkorejo

I'm thinking of moving on to pc. Console gaming has lost its point tbh it should be easier to be a console gamer yet it is becoming more complicated and expensive.

No good launch titles that I'm into, price increase on games. If you buy this now.. tomorrow you will pay x amount to be able to upgrade to y amount of shit and if you go back to a then b is c and b+c= mc2. Fuck that.

I will get a PS5 when it has atleast 2-3 good exclusives like gow and horizon. Which will be like atleast 2 years from now.

Last edited:

HTK

Banned
I'm really only a multiplatform gamer. COD and Rocket League etc.

I went to PS4 last generation solely because of the power difference but always preferred the XBOX controller.

I'm not interested in RPG's, TLOU, Spiderman, GOW and all those run around hack slash games. I'll probably give Cyberpunk a go because of 1st person and that whole setting.
I think I just prefer competitive skill games over story driven. If I want a story I prefer watching movies.

So again probably just down to $ per Terraflop, I'm going back to XBOX. Am I the only one?

PC is a good candidate if you enjoy the competitive scene. If you like CoD the only difference is the PlayStation exclusively, if you care about that.

Good luck, hope you find the right place to play for yourself.

Kataploom

Gold Member
Lots of people went PS4 this gen because the mess up of Don Matrick when presenting Xbox One, others because of performance, in games... To be fair, we could just ask if they will go BACK to Xbox now that the Xbone is finally dying.

The exclusives games being on PC isn't important at all, people will go for what's easier to put and play and PC not only has a higher cost but only requires some technical expertise, at least on the eyes of less dedicated players (even among more dedicated ones). If anything, PC gamers won't have to buy an Xbox to play MS first party games, which makes it easier for MS to get their money.

nullpoynter

I always purchase the PlayStation, but this is the first time I do not plan on purchasing an Xbox. I've only been purchasing the Xbox to play with a couple of my friends. Now that the games we play are cross-platform, I've started using my PC to play those games with them. I will stick with PC and PS5 this time.

scalman

its like saying i move from PS to PC , because xbox games are pc games, so everyone have pc anyways. there is nowhere to move here. why would you then loose all sony exlcusives and just move to PC games ?
if money is problem and you just wanna go cheap to next gen without buying or upgrading pc, just take both digital consoles. they will do all then . but to loose sony exlusives its like loosing half games out there.

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
sure your name isnt autism
If you play multiplatform games mostly it is autism to not get either s or x due to its financing, power and gamepass.
I've had ps4 slim this gen and hate how huge ps5 is and I could get X to play my 360 collection... And that's all...
I have pc for multiplatform games and I live ps5 exclusive so I will have to find a room for this ugly huge router...
But no one can deny that S and X are great deals with financing including gamepass

scalman

people should choose console because games... who cares of box anyway large or small , i care of controller that i will hold in my hands but thats it , and i need games... thats what make you pick one console or another.

DavidGzz

Sounds like the right choice for OP. For me, Game Pass+Sony Exclusives allllll gen. I'll get a new PC in 2022 and the XSX will just be used as my more portable Game Pass box from then on.

Roxkis_ii

Give up Playstation, for Xbox!?
Why as a gamer, would I go to a platform with not only less games, but game of lesser quality?

ihZt7Ev.gif

Last edited:

Boss Mog

I was 360, then swapped to PS4 this gen cause it was more powerful and cheaper, plus the lack of BC (initially). Now I have way too much invested in the PS ecosystem to swap since PS5 has BC. Plus the exclusives interest me more on PS5. Also I love PSVR so I can't wait to see the next gen of it.

Kimahri

Banned
I'm getting both, but Xbox first. I'm gonna give PS5 some time I think, hopefully they come out with a black variant. I do not want that ugly white spaceship under my TV, and if those lights are always on, white is just gonna amplify that.

White is a shit color of consoles, especially controllers. They pick up discoloration easily, just look at the good old 360 controllers.

Mr.ODST

Not sure on the PS5 preordered one anyway but seriously thinking of going back to Xbox due to game pass, the Main game I want is Halo and I really want Demons Souls but other than that, I have a feeling multiplats will just play a lot better on Xbox Series X.

Also including the complete lies of Jim Ryan, what else are they lying about with the PS5?

I'm really only a multiplatform gamer. COD and Rocket League etc.

I went to PS4 last generation solely because of the power difference but always preferred the XBOX controller.

I'm not interested in RPG's, TLOU, Spiderman, GOW and all those run around hack slash games. I'll probably give Cyberpunk a go because of 1st person and that whole setting.
I think I just prefer competitive skill games over story driven. If I want a story I prefer watching movies.

So again probably just down to $ per Terraflop, I'm going back to XBOX. Am I the only one?
Why would anyone move from PS to XBOX? To avoid playing good games? I agree propaganda games like TLOU are extremely unappealing but Demons Souls, Bloodborne sequel etc. are alone worth getting a PS. I would also sort of understand going from PS to PC but not to XBOX.

Hestar69

I have a friend thinking about getting the xbox speaker Edition (or what ever its real name is) as ps5 games are 80 in his country and the xbox S is ALOTT CHEAPER..

If I had money this holiday I would get the xbox myself as thats where my friends mostly play and i have game pass till 2022.

It sucks to not play demon souls remasted,but once ff16 gets a release date I will do whatever it takes to get a ps5.

TheDreadLord

Gold Member
I think it is a good idea if you don’t want to pick a PC, at least for now. Realistically speaking, what is the advantage of buying a PS5 now? Maybe in 1 year will be more attractive and with more options of color/disks space.

SirTerry-T

As irrelevant as xbox is to the gaming world? Since with a pc gamepass I can completely forget its existence?

Got ya

Stop playing with words, when we refer to first party its always first party exclusive titles.

Do you see first party nintendo games on other consoles/pc? No

Do you see first party sony games to other consoles/pc? Very rarely

Microsoft? 😂
See, the problem here is that you make valid points...up to a point. Then you undermine those points with childish shit like this "As irrelevant as xbox is to the gaming world?".
Which, if you would take a step back and reread it back to yourself would clearly come across as fanboy bollocks, would it not?

Last edited:

fallingdove

How Stunning and Brave part2
Lol - stunning and brave is GAFs new tales from your ass. I love it.

With the “I am giving up on consoles entirely and moving to PC” thread, and this S&B thread, “Giving up on PS and moving to Xbox”, its such an odd behavior (but it happens all the time) the need for mass approval or mass commiseration.

We are all strangers yo, if one of us or all of us were going to drop PS for Xbox, why does it matter?

On topic, yes, you are the only one considering moving from PS to Xbox. Lol. The move from PS to PC makes sense. A move from PS to Nintendo makes sense. Moving from one HD twin to another HD twin for fewer games and a future of continued unsurety? Highly illogical captain.

93xfan

Banned
Xbox does BC and multiplayer better (Halo MCC, Gears, Forza Horizon, Sea of Thieves).

They also don’t shut down their servers for games. Plus; what happened to Socom. I was going to go PSexclusive last gen. Sony has since convinced me otherwise.

Last edited:
I'm dying laughing at some of you guys responses. This isn't a war. This isn't some religion. Get a grip lol. None of you guys should care what platform the other person chooses. And vise versa. Most games are going to be multiplatform with crossplay.

Some of y'all seriously need to get laid and let out all that pent up frustration. Maybe play some games for once?

To the OP: Good choice is you prefer multiplayer games and like the power difference.

PC would be the better choice though

THT
lol_vladimir_putin.gif

MH3M3D

All the first party holy games as someone has said seem all the same to me.

Uncharted, TLOU, GOW, Spiderman, Horizon. - They all seem exactly the same. Third person, run aroundthon hack shooter slashers.

I wish they would mix it up a little more. Driveclub was good.

So basically videogames.

me0wish

I'm not interested in either, but Microsoft has a much more compelling system, better exclusive and a better service overall. Believe it or not, I'm not interested in Uncharted Zombies 3 or Angry man goes woke 2.

I really hope Microsoft becomes market leader, so Nintendo stops being the piece of shit it is currently, couldn't care less about Sony.

scalman

i bought ps2 console for one game at first and it was GT3 of course . its all for games you wanna play .. and how much you wanna play them ... if dont care then pick one console or pc anyway.

SaucyJack

Do people really only play on ONE console? I have a PS4, XBOX One, and and Switch. As time goes on, I will have a XBOX Series X, PS5, and whatever new is coming from Nintendo.

This may come as a surprise but there’s more than two options for gaming so you could have more than one and still not be interested in Xbox. Additionally, people don't have unlimited time for gaming, my biggest issue, and others have a limited budget. A console needs to have value for consumers or what’s the point.

Personally I’m PS4 and Switch with a PC, albeit in need of an upgrade. Theres no value proposition for me on Xbox, none of my friends are on it and there’s no games I can’t play elsewhere. I don’t see that changing in the next couple of years.

justjohn

People bring up Gamepass but majority of third party games are not there day one and most will never be there. If you’re interested in micrsosft games you’d have had an Xbox by now.

Vick

Sony fan boys are like the SJW twitter mob, turning on their own... 😂
Imagine cheerleading for a Microsoft console in 2020, having a fanbase who screams and riots in mass like rabid dogs over the stupidest, insignificant things, calling anti-consumer a console which prioritize making you own your games and make them as better as possible and completely free from all the modern really anti-consumer practices, making stretches of any possible lenght to validate their points.. calling Sony fans SJW.
This lack of self-awareness is astonishing.

If you play multiplatform games mostly it is autism to not get either s or x due to its financing, power and gamepass.
I've had ps4 slim this gen and hate how huge ps5 is and I could get X to play my 360 collection... And that's all...
I have pc for multiplatform games and I live ps5 exclusive so I will have to find a room for this ugly huge router...
But no one can deny that S and X are great deals with financing including gamepass

Isn’t the Series S significantly weaker than a digital PS5 though? I mean it has the multiplatform games and it seems like a pretty good deal, but they will probably look noticeably worst than the PS5 versions if you are after the best possible looking and performing versions of the game.

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Isn’t the Series S significantly weaker than a digital PS5 though? I mean it has the multiplatform games and it seems like a pretty good deal, but they will probably look noticeably worst than the PS5 versions if you are after the best possible looking and performing versions of the game.
yes but it's an alternative for more casual approach with gamepass

Riky

$MSFT
I'm not switching as such but I had a PS1,2,3and 4 at launch and I'm not getting a PS5 at launch at least. I haven't time for third person story driven games so the exclusives don't appeal and it's the weaker of the two systems.

If they announce a Killzone or Resistance that could change my mind.

Last edited:

JimiNutz

Banned
I'm not switching as I have owned both the MS and Sony console each generation but I'm not buying PS5 at launch and I may (still undecided) buy a XSS at launch so that's kind of a big deal for me as I was primarily a PS gamer this gen.

PS5 has no exclusive games I want to play at launch, is a very ugly console and has ridiculously expensive games (£70 is a big increase from £50).

XSS on the other hand also has no exclusive games and is unattractive (although not as ugly as PS5) but GamePass is great value and the console is really cheap so it at least has that going for it.

What a disappointing start to a generation. The worst one yet in my opinion.

Last edited:

dalekjay

Lol - stunning and brave is GAFs new tales from your ass. I love it.

With the “I am giving up on consoles entirely and moving to PC” thread, and this S&B thread, “Giving up on PS and moving to Xbox”, its such an odd behavior (but it happens all the time) the need for mass approval or mass commiseration.

We are all strangers yo, if one of us or all of us were going to drop PS for Xbox, why does it matter?

On topic, yes, you are the only one considering moving from PS to Xbox. Lol. The move from PS to PC makes sense. A move from PS to Nintendo makes sense. Moving from one HD twin to another HD twin for fewer games and a future of continued unsurety? Highly illogical captain.

Should be a tradition and the first person who saw it should do it hahaha
Should even be a bad for first time spotted Stunning and Brave Thread

MilkyJoe

Imagine cheerleading for a Microsoft console in 2020, having a fanbase who screams and riots in mass like rabid dogs over the stupidest, insignificant things, calling anti-consumer a console which prioritize making you own your games and make them as better as possible and completely free from all the modern really anti-consumer practices, making stretches of any possible lenght to validate their points.. calling Sony fans SJW.
This lack of self-awareness is astonishing.

:messenger_grinning_squinting:

Mista

Banned
Not really. As a PC gamer I’m going with PS5 only. There’s no reason for me to get XSX because whatever is going to be offered there I will still have it on PC but better

You do you, get what you want because nobodies opinions matters at the end. Good luck

ReBurn

Gold Member
No. I'm planning to go with both again. After One X release it became my primary console because most versions of games were just better there. PS4 is now only for the exclusive games and Tekken 7. Now I have so many digital games on both consoles that I'll buy new versions this generation just to keep my library.

djjinx2

I actually switched over last gen, my kids still have PlayStation's though (2 PS5's pre ordered).

I don't regret it one bit, love the Elite 2 controller and can't wait until Series X release. I play some of the titles I missed on my Shadow PC and/or PlayStation Now.

99% of my gaming is now on Warzone as I work alot, so having the most powerful console with (imo) the best controller suits me fine, even if I miss out on a few first party Sony games in 4K!

Top Bottom