• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anyone moving from Xbox and/or PC to the Playstation 5 this gen?

We've seen the lopsided polls for the consoles, the stealth port-begging from PC Gamer magazine, the hype around PS5 etc. Wondering what's driving those who are switching to Playstation this gen that were diehards of the other platforms b4.

Is it the price? Content (games)? Mix of both? Brand Trust? What is it?

Let us know...

Full circle.

martino

when it comes to pc what is changing for this incoming next gen ? not a lot to not say nothing.
it even seems the platform is going to have an even bigger % of all game releasing.
sure, people can change but it's them who are changing not the platform "equation"

Last edited:

Guilty_AI

Jp. I can understand flip flopping with consoles, but hard to imagine going from PC to console.

Well, i can imagine someone just growing tired of using PCs for a number of reasons, or having less time in their hands due to job and family and start wishing for something more plug&play. With that said, this isn't much of a "next gen" issue.

Last edited:
I don't know if this counts, but before I had XB1 and PS4, XB1 was my main console. and the one I bought first. This time I am going PS5 only. MS have shown nothing that interests me. They have even less to attract me than when XB1 launched. When I watched the conference where we only got a few seconds of the next Forza, so that's AGES away, it couldn't be clearer that their primary focus is now GamePass and they couldn't give a shit which method you use to access it.

No, I'm investing more heavily into my PC than anything. Consoles just don't have the identity or worth they used to and PC offers a vast array of experiences simply not possible on consoles.

Last edited:

GODbody

You're asking if a PC Gamer is going to switch from a PC to a PS5?

CipIEkt.jpg

In all seriousness though, why switch from PC to PS5 if all those 'Exclusives' are inevitably coming to PC?

I might be interested, especially with how overpriced PC hardware is these days. But there are some things I would need first:

- Gyro aiming in shooters etc
- 60 fps option in shooters etc
- Free online

So not at the moment, but maybe at some point. Never going to abandon my PC completely though as there are plenty of niche exclusives I want.

martino

I might be interested, especially with how overpriced PC hardware is these days. But there are some things I would need first:

- Gyro aiming in shooters etc
- 60 fps option in shooters etc
- Free online

So not at the moment, but maybe at some point. Never going to abandon my PC completely though as there are plenty of niche exclusives I want.
yep i must say if 60fps or more options are always there, i could be tempted too

Free Online is a dream. But you're getting 60 fps default on first person shooters for a long time now on consoles. Gyro aiming however - that's going to happen selectively per title and rarely.

Last edited:
Free Online is a dream. But you're getting 60 fps default on first person shooters for a long time now on consoles. Gyro aiming however - that's going to happen selectively per title and rarely.
I did write shooter but ideally I want the option in all games where you aim extensively, so Far Cry, Horizon, Watch Dogs, The Division, Uncharted, RDR, GTA, Metro, Destiny. Really, unless it’s a walking sim or strategy game I want it in all games.

I did write shooter but ideally I want the option in all games where you aim extensively, so Far Cry, Horizon, Watch Dogs, The Division, Uncharted, RDR, GTA, Metro, Destiny. Really, unless it’s a walking sim or strategy game I want it in all games.

Third person games go for the eye-candy 30 fps trade-off on the regular that's true.

In all seriousness though, why switch from PC to PS5 if all those 'Exclusives' are inevitably coming to PC?

How's Bloodborne coming along? :messenger_kissing_smiling:

You're right though, technically, once a PS4 emulator is out (however long it takes), you can pirate the "ROM/Bins" and play them. The thing is, not everyone has Budha like patience. That's why you don't see PC gamers port begging Nintendo exclusives that much. Emulation of low performance hardware (Nintendo) takes little time. Current gen consoles pushing eye candy on the other hand....

pe.jpg

Last edited:

Chittagong

Gold Member
Yeah I will return to PlayStation as my primary.

I struggle to come up with reasons to get an Xbox Series, the best I have so far is that I can use S as my travel console with continuity to my home X.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
May go back and buy a PS5 down the line, but with the current lineup of games? Oh no, no way.

Apokgaf

Neo Member
Yes, my first console was PS2 and my next is going to be PS5. Will keep playing WoW and RDRO on my PC.

Gravemind

No thanks.

Might pick up a PS5 in 2 or 3 years when the price goes down and there are more of the games I want to play on it. Right now it would just collect dust.

Top Bottom