• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anyone switching their ‘main’ this gen? MS to Sony or vice versa...

Usually what I do is I buy an Xbox early then get a sony system later. Will do the same this time. I know its a long shot but it would be cool in ps vr 2 was a stand alone thing that you could wear on your face and play ps5 games that way. I would just buy that.

Temp0

Banned
Xbox series X first for game pass and third party games.
Maybe in 4-5 years a ps5 pro, when a few exclusive games hit the PS5, but this will take years.

Definitely not, at this point. I've had nothing but good fortune and rapport with Sony since the Playstation days. Meanwhile, I've owned both the original Xbox and the Xbox 360 over the years, and both of them have permanently died on me. I'll stick with Sony this generation.

Plus, Sony exclusives are just better, pertaining to my video game tastes.

Won't switch, PS5 day1.
Plenty of exclusive GOTY's every generation.
Support for the whole life time.
Dualsense looks cool, slight improvements on DS4.
Kojima is on PS.
More Japanese games such as Yakuza and Persona.
PS OS is not a mess like usually on XBOX.
PSVR2.

Neo_game

Sony has dropped the ball hard imo. MS is

-incredible for BC and forwards compatibility
-keeps their servers open (Halo 3 2007 still running)
-takes care of older franchises like Halo

Was there something specific you’re referring to?

Microsoft is doing great job in keeping people in their ecosystem. But honestly how many people do even play 10yrs older games and that too MP. I am not sure though they are doing enough to keep their IP fresh.

geordiemp

I went ps2 to Wii to Ps3 to 360 to Ps4.

MS 360 early days with Halo, crackdown and Mass effect, Fable could not be missed, mS were on fire.

I got to admit that last few years has been a yawn, Halo is not what it was and they seem to just churn out Gears and Forza variants so I lost my interest.

Now Sony has their claws in me, I cannot miss the new God War, TLOU, MS needs some differentiators.

SwishPants

Neo Member
Right now I am leaning towards PS5 day one. I could possibly get a XSX down the road though. I don’t really care about the power difference.

Last gen I was all Xbox 360 and only used my PS3 for Fat Princess and blurays. I also hated the DualShock 3 controller with a passion.

This gen, I switched over to PlayStation and got a PS4 day one for the obvious Xbox One E3 train wreck reasons. I have been extremely happy using the PS ecosystem, UI, and DS4 controllers over the past seven years. The exclusives are also great, but I typically play third party titles.

I did buy a One X when Red Dead 2 came out. However, I absolutely hate the Xbox One controllers, which seems like the minority, since a lot of folks love them. The horrid quality assurance doesn’t help either, as I’ve had many that had stick drift, non-registering face buttons, or other strange issues straight out of the box. Where as my DualShock 4 controllers have been rock solid. Also, MS has been improving the Xbox UI, but it’s still cumbersome IMO.

But yeah, controllers are kind of a big deal to me, and they tend push me towards which platform I call my “main”. And I don’t like adapters.

Reactions: Isa

cireza

I will personally stick to Xbox, with all the games I have (digital) and everything is on the external hard-drive, switching for Series X is going to be super easy.

I play this console the most anyway, with Wii U and Vita.

Makariel

Only reasons I own a console are Bloodborne and PSVR titles. Since Xbox doesn't have vr on the menu I'll stick with PC and psvr for the exclusives there.

93xfan

Banned
Microsoft is doing great job in keeping people in their ecosystem. But honestly how many people do even play 10yrs older games and that too MP. I am not sure though they are doing enough to keep their IP fresh.

That’s fair. I can only speak for myself, but I love having access to older, amazing games, and Halo hasn’t been surpassed in terms of first person multiplayer shooters, imo. Halo 1-3, reach and 5 gave me great times with MP.
I do wonder/worry about how Halo Infinite will turn out. I think they are on the right track, at least as far as art style and music go.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Nope.

As well as being far too invested in the PS ecosystem, I just prefer the exclusive games on PS. I'm weak at the knees thinking and the sequel to God of War, Spider-Man and Horizon on PS5.

Darius87

PlayStation > Xbox is what's on my mind right now but if PS5 can do 4K/60 without cheap tricks I'll get it as well.
giphy.gif

Ridaxan

I'll primarily swing back to PC with a PS5 solely for exclusives. I probably won't buy a PS5 on release anymore though.

Shin

Banned
i think he's can't seperate > from < this made his post cringy, but i'm stupid though. :messenger_tears_of_joy:
You're writing: "ï" and "seperate" like that but find my post cringe-worthy, as an native English speaker even?
Just proved my previous point so thanks for manning that up. :messenger_grinning_squinting::messenger_grinning_squinting::messenger_grinning_squinting:

Last edited:

Darius87

You're writing: "ï" and "seperate" like that but find my post cringe-worthy, as an native English speaker even?
Just proved my previous point so thanks for manning that up. :messenger_grinning_squinting::messenger_grinning_squinting::messenger_grinning_squinting:
it totaly changed meaning what you wan't to say,
i admit i'm stupid because i'm not native english speaker and you're most likely genius even you failed at math.
is everything ok with your state seems you're a bit touchy?

Shin

Banned
i'm not native english speaker

Nothing wrong with my "state", I just don't like you - period.
Now get off my dick and discuss the topic at hand instead of using words you can't spell and getting triggered by what others say or which platform they decide to go with.

Darius87

Nothing wrong with my "state", I just don't like you - period.
Now get off my dick and discuss the topic at hand instead of using words you can't spell and getting triggered by what others say or which platform they decide to go with.
jeez :messenger_grinning_squinting: did i do something to you? hurt you in your dreams? i don't get it why you dislike me? it has nothing to do with choice of platform is just your post doesn't make sense, that's all.

The Alien

Banned
I see my tradition continuing:

XBox at launch:
Friends, Halo & Gears, XBox Live ecosystem, and now GamePass.

PS mid gen:
Discounted console price, larger library of released exclusives build up and usually at the $20 each mark or below.

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Isa
Having never owned a PlayStation 1, 2, 3, or 4, I'm not gonna start with number 5. Maybe if they sorted out their naming system, I'd be more tempted. A child can count up to five.

The name Xbox Series X however conjures up mysteries beyond mere graphical power and limited human numerical systems. I want the power to jump in to a universe that bends to my will, not just sit at a "Station" and "Play".

Edit: In case you can't tell, I'm sticking with Xbox.

Last edited:

SpartanN92

Banned
I’m still getting a Series X but I think I’m gonna be PC Main for the first time.
I got a badass gaming laptop with a 2070 in January and I’m hooked. The portability is the biggest factor for me. I travel a lot and I despise lugging an Xbox and a monitor with me everywhere.
All I really play anymore is Halo and by the end of 2020 every major Halo title should be on PC (except Halo 5 but who cares about that turd.)

Chronos24

Xbox for multiplayer and their franchises. PS5 for VR and many of their exclusives. Will be exactly like this gen

Top Bottom