• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anyone watch Horse Girl yet?

Horse_Girl_poster.jpg

This just came out recently on Netflix. It's got middling reviews, but I loved it. It walks the line nicely between the possibility of paranoia/mental illness and truly bizarre phenomena. I know some will side with the idea that it's obviously mental illness, which I understand, but I think there is enough room to play with the alternative. At the very least, it toys with the idea that "reality" is whatever is experienced. Really absorbing watch imo.

S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
Horse Girl?

Alison Brie confirmed for not letting go after the shitshow that was the last 3 seasons of Bojack?

Wife and i watched the trailer last night, we werent interested but my wife wholly believed and convinced me it was a story about a girl who turns into a horse. I said i didnt get that from the trailer but maybe i missed something....

So.

Is this a movie about a girl who turns into a horse?

I_D

Just finished it. It was decent; nothing special.

I felt like it needed another half hour or so to really flesh the story out. It goes from normal to crazy pretty much instantly, which felt rushed.

Wife and i watched the trailer last night, we werent interested but my wife wholly believed and convinced me it was a story about a girl who turns into a horse. I said i didnt get that from the trailer but maybe i missed something....

So.

Is this a movie about a girl who turns into a horse?

Umm...

tenor.gif

She thought this after the trailer? :p

Just finished it. It was decent; nothing special.

I felt like it needed another half hour or so to really flesh the story out. It goes from normal to crazy pretty much instantly, which felt rushed.

I may just be an outlier with this. The reviews were not great. It really hit the spot for me though, so I'll take it.

Last edited:

Ailynn

Faith - Hope - Love
I'm only part of the way through the film, but absolutely love it so far. :messenger_heart:

Thanks for the heads-up, synchronicity synchronicity ! :)

- - -

(Edited because dumb)

Last edited:

buizel

Banned
okay so true story

was walking home with my gay mate, the one who sucked me off when we were tripping on 2cb pills (hes now dating some little asian twink)

anyway we were walking down his street, the one where decapitated body parts were found in a dumpster, and i was distracted by 2 seagulls fucking making really loud noises

anyway, while i was watching birds fuck, he walked over a custom CD-rom on the pavement, he picked it up and it was entitled "horse girl"

so we went back to his and played san andreas, then we watched horse girl. and it was this shady home made video of this girl getting absolutely destroyed by this stinky horse cock. you could hear all the noises, but the creepiest thing was hearing the movement of the camera sound yknow, it was like that scene in the dark knight that joker plays when he has the fat guy in the meat locker and its all silent but you can hear the camera moving. like that but with extra queefs and neighs

Tesseract

Banned
okay so true story

was walking home with my gay mate, the one who sucked me off when we were tripping on 2cb pills (hes now dating some little asian twink)

anyway we were walking down his street, the one where decapitated body parts were found in a dumpster, and i was distracted by 2 seagulls fucking making really loud noises

anyway, while i was watching birds fuck, he walked over a custom CD-rom on the pavement, he picked it up and it was entitled "horse girl"

so we went back to his and played san andreas, then we watched horse girl. and it was this shady home made video of this girl getting absolutely destroyed by this stinky horse cock. you could hear all the noises, but the creepiest thing was hearing the movement of the camera sound yknow, it was like that scene in the dark knight that joker plays when he has the fat guy in the meat locker and its all silent but you can hear the camera moving. like that but with extra queefs and neighs
giphy.gif

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
okay so true story

giphy.gif

Papa

Banned
okay so true story

740569.jpg

thx u based buizel for this brilliant new copypasta

Ailynn

Faith - Hope - Love
When I watched it, it wasn't a series - just a movie. Now I'm thinking I'm the horse girl.

No no no, you were right! I was stupid and replied before noticing it was a film. I had only seen the first 25 minutes when I wrote that, but I fell in love with the main girl and her shy love interest. (So super adorable!)

...After watching the rest of the film, it reminds me of just how heartbreaking mental illness can be. Alison Brie is an amazing actress.

Last edited:
No no no, you were right! I was stupid and replied before noticing it was a film. I had only seen the first 25 minutes when I wrote that, but I fell in love with the main girl and her shy love interest. So super adorable. 💖

It doesn't stay in that place, but yeah they were sweet and cute in their awkwardness.

Karma Jawa

Wouldn’t say I enjoyed it exactly, but I appreciated it as a sad story of how sanity unravels.

Oddly enough the film it reminded me most of was Joker. There aren’t many films that explore the descent into madness from the inside. Even films like Jacob’s Ladder are presented more as an observation of a man losing his mind, rather than being told through the mental gymnastics of the central character.

lock2k

Banned
Horse_Girl_poster.jpg

This just came out recently on Netflix. It's got middling reviews, but I loved it. It walks the line nicely between the possibility of paranoia/mental illness and truly bizarre phenomena. I know some will side with the idea that it's obviously mental illness, which I understand, but I think there is enough room to play with the alternative. At the very least, it toys with the idea that "reality" is whatever is experienced. Really absorbing watch imo.
I haven't, but Alison Brie is :messenger_heart: so I will have to watch it.

Top Bottom