• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Aonuma on Majora's Mask 3D: "I hear the fans!"

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
http://kotaku.com/zelda-boss-on-majoras-mask-remake-i-hear-the-fans-1590131910

Schreier: I have to ask... I asked readers what questions I should ask you, and the number one question was that you've hinted so many times about a new Majora's Mask or a Majora's Mask remake for the 3DS—will we ever see that?

Aonuma: I do know that fans want to see Majora's Mask. I've heard that voice, it's very, very strong, and I'm always listening, is what I would say.

Schreier: I think people reacted to the teaser in A Link Between Worlds, the mask in the house. People saw that and thought it was a hint for the future, so that's why people are excited about that.

Aonuma: Maybe I was toying with them a little. (laughter) I'm doing everything I can. I hear the voices of the fans. There are so many out there. It's very loud, and just to acknowledge the fact that the need, the want is out there, I put that in there.

signs-full-wtf-30.jpg

KorrZ

"Doing everything I can" - sounds like Aonouma is in but someone else is stopping him. Iwata just GIVE IT TO US MAN!

daydream

Banned
Yeah, it's definitely happening, but probably not till 2015. I wouldn't be surprised if they haven't even started, yet.

Squishy3

Nintendo just can't win. New original IP gets announced, people are upset it isn't MM3D. If MM3D got announced, people would complain they don't make enough brand new games. :lol

Banned
A wild Trollnuma appears!

Jason throws a Majoras Mask question!!!!

Trollnuma dodges the question!

I want Majoras mask 3D :(

Neiteio

Next year is the 15th anniversary.
Ah yes, 2015 is the 15th anniversary of MM. It's also when Zelda WiiU will come out. In that sense, it'd be a new Zelda on the console, and a remade Zelda on the portable -- the inverse of 2013, where it was a new Zelda on the portable (ALBW), and a remade Zelda on the console (TWW HD).

Spring or summer 2015. You don't want to step on the toes of Hyrule Warriors, and with the Ruby and Saphire remakes being the big 3ds titles for Christmas being remakes themselves, you want to diversify. Plus it gives them a stop gap game to fill out next year.

Top Bottom