• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apex Legends |OT| Beyond battle royale, Apex is classier than ever. Team deathmatch, gun run, & control added, new class system, and much more

SpiceRacz

Kings Canyon should be included in every season. Running through the bot match with a friend on KC reminded me how much better it is than the current rotation. They nailed it with the first map and they've gotten worse with each new one imo.

Kings Canyon should be included in every season. Running through the bot match with a friend on KC reminded me how much better it is than the current rotation. They nailed it with the first map and they've gotten worse with each new one imo.

Love King's Canyon. It's time fragment died completely, the masses like to spend more time loading the game than actually playing. Stupid McDonalds-ification of FPS gaming, I hate that shit.

Banned
Love King's Canyon. It's time fragment died completely, the masses like to spend more time loading the game than actually playing. Stupid McDonalds-ification of FPS gaming, I hate that shit.

well there was a leaked map where Fragment was gone, sadly it seems this will only be implemented next season. people were hoping it would be this season but that didn't come true as we now know

although it could come as a town takeover event. which I think was actually what the leak was 🤔

edit: yes, I just looked it up, the leak was a Town Takeover event for Wattson that destroys Fragment. let's see if that will come true

Last edited:
well there was a leaked map where Fragment was gone, sadly it seems this will only be implemented next season. people were hoping it would be this season but that didn't come true as we now know

although it could come as a town takeover event. which I think was actually what the leak was 🤔

edit: yes, I just looked it up, the leak was a Town Takeover event for Wattson that destroys Fragment. let's see if that will come true

Nice, thanks for the confirmation. I vaguely remembered something and was hoping it was gone this season. One more season of hot drops all day...

DonF

Love this game, the worst part is the players. Sweaty stacks on pubs, drunk idiots, utter noobs, Brazilians, quitters, people with zero game sense. It's amazing that level 700 players still try to take on a full team completely alone.

Love this game, the worst part is the players. Sweaty stacks on pubs, drunk idiots, utter noobs, Brazilians, quitters, people with zero game sense. It's amazing that level 700 players still try to take on a full team completely alone.

Yep, rando matchmaking is rough. I started a smurf to see how that went after facing them for a pretty average 12 months of it in Apex and went 5.0 KDR in my first 10 games. It was all down hill after that, preds/masters/surfs all in stacked squads even though I was still going solo.

It's a different experience in a ready made squad with friends. Finding a regular skilled squad that syncs together is a rarity, often the highly skilled just splinter off to better teams and don't come back to teach/support lesser skilled or newer players. A mate I play with regularly is a loot whore, like the whole game. Another mate is a hot dropper like crazy. There is no middle ground.

Last edited:
Solo worked my way around a near end game battle to gain the circle advantage and squad wipe. Felt gooood.

Skip to 2.15 if you just like action -

Fuck I love Mirage. Patience is a virtue. Skip to 2.10 for the goods.

More man-crushing on Mirage, Skip to 1min for the fun.

I have to say, after a couple of weeks playing almost noting in Apex but TDM, I'm pretty happy with Apex TDM. It just needs to allow real six player teams, and offer custom games that can be started with any number of players. More maps would be nice as well, but it's a great start.

TDM has now been moved into the new mixtape playlist, along with gun run and control. All of those game modes are also now available in custom games. You can play gun run with as few as six players, but you'll need 12 players to start a TDM game. Let's hope that changes sometime soon, as it's a pretty stupid requirement.

New collection event started today as well.

Top Bottom