• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apex Legends |OT| Have you seen Titanfall 3?

Alx

If you're that high level already at least you'll be able to buy the next Legend in June immediately. 🤭

You don't even need to be high level to buy legends, you still get red coins by leveling up and there's not much else to do with them. They really should give us something else to do with those coins btw, I have enough coins to buy 3 or 4 legends already, and it's piling up much faster than I can spend (I was only lucky enough once to own one of the special items in the shop, so I could buy the alternative skin for it)

waylo

Banned
You can't even spend the shit on the skin recolors in the store unless you own the skin it's replacing. At the very least, let me buy those recolors and bank them in case I unlock the original at some point down the line. Having literally nothing to spend those tokens on is ridiculous. You'd think they want you spending them so when new characters come out, there's a chance you don't have enough and hey, maybe I'll throw some money in to buy the new character because I don't want to wait and grind out more. Instead I'm sitting on 150k and am set for the next decade of character releases.

Kagey K

Banned
I have over 40k of the red currency. A new legend won’t cost more than 12k
I played like shit tonight. Sorry if any of you ever ended up in my team.

I was trying to get XP on Chars I never play.

Last edited:

Mista

Banned
I played like shit tonight. Sorry if any of you ever ended up in my team.

I was trying to get XP on Chars I never play.
No worries mate, I’m sure I had shittier randoms. Also I’m not sure we’re playing on the same platform ;p

Kagey K

Banned
No worries mate, I’m sure I had shittier randoms. Also I’m not sure we’re playing on the same platform ;p
Doesnt matter. As long as everyone is having fun.

I really did suck balls tonight though. Couldn’t hit the side of a barn and I was playing as one.

Mista

Banned
Doesnt matter. As long as everyone is having fun.

I really did suck balls tonight though. Couldn’t hit the side of a barn and I was playing as one.
Last night in the last two games I played Gibraltar and then Caustic. With the Gibraltar I got the dub by killing the whole squad with my ultimate and in Caustics game I made the last squad lose in the most shittiest way ever. They chose to camp, so I chose to throw my traps around every entrance/exit. They couldn’t get out of the tiny house so my mate opened the door, I threw my Ultimate there and closed the door. It was so satisfying looking at them suffer and die from the outside. Picked Gibbo and Caustic just for the XP, ended up winning back to back🤣

Last edited:

Winter John

Gold Member
I've decided I'm gonna try and get all the items in the season pass. I've got to around 37 so far. What makes it tricky is I'm lucky if I get one kill in every 15 games and a win in every 50, but what I'm real good at is hiding and bravely running away. I figure if I just sneak into the top 3 every match I might be able to get to 110 before the season ends.

Mista

Banned
I've decided I'm gonna try and get all the items in the season pass. I've got to around 37 so far. What makes it tricky is I'm lucky if I get one kill in every 15 games and a win in every 50, but what I'm real good at is hiding and bravely running away. I figure if I just sneak into the top 3 every match I might be able to get to 110 before the season ends.
Instead of doing that try to kill. It’s okay to not have skill at first but once you find you guns that you’re comfortable with, you’ll destroy with ease. Just finished a game killing 23. That’s my career high, previously was 19.

Alx

As someone who's terrible at shooting, I'd say the best strategy is to follow your team and try to support them. It's a good way to last long and score a few kills, while still having fun playing the game. You'll probably be the guy with 1 kill while the others have 5 or more, but you'll have helped locating other players or loot, reviving them, baiting opponents or wounding them,...
Last game I won I had only one kill, but that kill was when both my teammates were down and I took down the player who shot them.

Mista

Banned
As someone who's terrible at shooting, I'd say the best strategy is to follow your team and try to support them. It's a good way to last long and score a few kills, while still having fun playing the game. You'll probably be the guy with 1 kill while the others have 5 or more, but you'll have helped locating other players or loot, reviving them, baiting opponents or wounding them,...
Last game I won I had only one kill, but that kill was when both my teammates were down and I took down the player who shot them.
It’s a good strategy and at the same time that’s how it should be done. Always stick with your team! You don’t want a full squad ganging up on you alone. Concentrating on your shots with your team on one guy can lead to an enemy squad wipe

JohnEvans

Neo Member
I’ve played a lot of BR games: PUBG, Fortnite, Realm Royale, Battlerite Royale, Blackout, and now Apex Legends.
This is my opinion on Apex Legends: Respawn took all of the best and most innovative game mechanics from other Battle Royale games, and smushed them into one cohesive game.
EDIT: I think it’s pretty clear that this game also feels a lot like Titanfall 2, since it’s developped in the same engine by the same team, but I’m going to focus instead on the game’s influences from its peers in the BR genre.
I think it’s interesting just to take a look at the variety of influences Respawn considered when developing Apex:
  • Black Ops IV — Enemies drop similar looking loot-boxes, and the looting interface feels very similar.
  • Battlerite Royale — Resurrection points (you can resurrect dead teammates [provided you take their banner from their corpse] from any of the green map markers), Armor rarity (white→orange), High-loot zones, class-based with cooldowns, and boost locations (in Apex they’re balloons).
  • PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds — technique for diving [the optimal way in both PUBG and Apex is called ‘wave dropping’ and involves intermittently diving to gain speed, then flattening out to get the most distance, repeatedly.
  • Realm Royale — lack of parachute, class-based, abilities with cooldowns.
  • Fortnite — Game’s pace and speed, the strength of close-range weapons, weapon rarity.
And I have to tell you, they did a hell of a job making this mutant of a AAA Battle Royale title into a masterpiece.
You don’t have to sit and watch the whole game from your squadmate’s POV if you die early since there’s a possibility for resurrection.
You can even get back into a game within 10 seconds once you do lose. It feels to me like this game has some serious potential, in terms of entertainment value from streamers playing, and in terms of eSports.

Mista

Banned
I’ve played a lot of BR games: PUBG, Fortnite, Realm Royale, Battlerite Royale, Blackout, and now Apex Legends.
This is my opinion on Apex Legends: Respawn took all of the best and most innovative game mechanics from other Battle Royale games, and smushed them into one cohesive game.
EDIT: I think it’s pretty clear that this game also feels a lot like Titanfall 2, since it’s developped in the same engine by the same team, but I’m going to focus instead on the game’s influences from its peers in the BR genre.
I think it’s interesting just to take a look at the variety of influences Respawn considered when developing Apex:
  • Black Ops IV — Enemies drop similar looking loot-boxes, and the looting interface feels very similar.
  • Battlerite Royale — Resurrection points (you can resurrect dead teammates [provided you take their banner from their corpse] from any of the green map markers), Armor rarity (white→orange), High-loot zones, class-based with cooldowns, and boost locations (in Apex they’re balloons).
  • PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds — technique for diving [the optimal way in both PUBG and Apex is called ‘wave dropping’ and involves intermittently diving to gain speed, then flattening out to get the most distance, repeatedly.
  • Realm Royale — lack of parachute, class-based, abilities with cooldowns.
  • Fortnite — Game’s pace and speed, the strength of close-range weapons, weapon rarity.
And I have to tell you, they did a hell of a job making this mutant of a AAA Battle Royale title into a masterpiece.
You don’t have to sit and watch the whole game from your squadmate’s POV if you die early since there’s a possibility for resurrection.
You can even get back into a game within 10 seconds once you do lose. It feels to me like this game has some serious potential, in terms of entertainment value from streamers playing, and in terms of eSports.
Beautifully said my man. This is the only BR game I accepted and believe me, I tried them all. Gameplay mechanics are SOLID! Characters completing each other is SUPER FUN! There’re a bit of problems here and there but they can get fixed anytime

Winter John

Gold Member
I had a bunch of normal/shitty games last night but then I had one where it was just me and this other guy. We managed to get a few kills and made it down to the final 2 teams. We were stuck up on a roof with a full squad beneath us and nowhere to go. He'd just respawned me so I had no weapons and no armor. I said to the guy our only chance was if I drew them out to him. I jumped down, ran past the other team, they chased me into the open. He opened up on them. Boom. First win in weeks. I can't remember the other wins I've had but I'll remember that one.

I max out the bonus for battlepass on each character and was surprised I have more than 3x more wins with the robot than any other character. Next up Mirage, then Gibraltar.

For those who play all characters who you have the most wins with?

I wish there were trackers for overall stats between all characters as well as a stats section in the menus.

Last edited:

Winter John

Gold Member
Got another win today. It was the amazing random who did all the heavy lifting cos I got no kills and no damage. All I did was lumber along behind them and tag the enemy position while I lay dying on the ground. It was a bit embarrassing seeing my no kills/damage/ contribution score on the winning screen, but if I can just find other better players to carry my ass to victory, I might actually be able to bum my way to the end of the season pass after all.

DonF

Sometimes the servers shit the bed so badly its frustrating. A Octane teleporting, with very choppy movement is a real threat. I would love it if they could improve the netcode, according to BattleNonSense its one of the worst in a Battle royale, yet the game is super fast paced.

Still love the game!

Mista

Banned
Sometimes the servers shit the bed so badly its frustrating. A Octane teleporting, with very choppy movement is a real threat. I would love it if they could improve the netcode, according to BattleNonSense its one of the worst in a Battle royale, yet the game is super fast paced.

Still love the game!
What frustrates me more in this game that people lagging have the advantage over you. Ummmmmm since when? I should have the advantage over a laggy player. Instead of him teleporting while still landing his shots...

JohnEvans

Neo Member
well said brother it was not about the kills it is about how you support your team and take your team to the winning position. For example, if you have three members in your team and the other two got knocked out and you revived them both then you will become an important part of winning the match for your team...

What’s that? Excuse my ignorance

A little button by your thumb that decreases the DPI when held. I think it's called a sniper button but I could be talking out of my hoop.

836406772-1.jpg

Just clutched a game for the win! Both my random teammates died in the final end and I was up against two squads. My boy Helios Helios witnessed it🤘🏼
That sounds identical to my second game today. They charged in and got killed then one guy was screaming idiot at me for not charging in to rescue them. Sat back and launched a thermite and arc star barrage at one squads hiding spot and cleaned em up with the hemlock then got a stray Lifeline from a different squad while she was healing up behind a rock ftw. Felt good. 😊

Last edited:

Mista

Banned
That sounds identical to my second game today. They charged in and got killed then one guy was screaming idiot at me for not charging in to rescue them. Sat back and launched a thermite and arc star barrage at one squads hiding spot and cleaned em up with the hemlock then got a stray Lifeline from a different squad while she was healing up behind a rock ftw. Felt good. 😊
Well played! Wiping squads always feeels gooood man. Since my wipe was on my stream, I’ll post it later here and tag you.

Top Bottom