• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apex Legends |OT| Have you seen Titanfall 3?

TeamGhobad

Banned
we need a game mode where u pick your loadout and u have health and shield regen. but everything else is the same u drop, there is a ring, ur in a squad. but no collecting stuff.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
Just tried it. First impression ain't that great. It's a bit confusing and the guns just feel odd to me. At least it offers something new to the BR genre. That said, I'm quite happy to stick with PUBG/Fortnite.

angelic

Banned
Indeed, the two things that annoy me most about BR are the time between games, and foraging at the start. It's like 100 samus arans drop into a battlefield and all lose their gear. I realised my biggest enemy in Blackout is lobbies and loading, far worse than any player. I spend 2 minutes getting the game, waiting in the pre lobby, dropping down, running around looking for armour....because the games a waste of time if you dont have it...and then I get killed. I'm not annoyed at the assailant, I'm annoyed I have to go through all the menus and waiting again.

Anyway, downloaded this, we'll see how it goes.

Alx

I only played a few rounds yesterday and didn't ake time looking into the UI. Is it explained somewhere in the game ? For example how do you activate the shield thingy, can you drop items for your teammates,do all weapons extensions equip automatically or can you tune them ?

-MD-

jesus how are these guys so good at the game whe nit came out within 24 hours ago? I get being skilled in general at FPS, but they have the items, maps, everything down pat like theyve been playing for years.

They played it before it came out, plus Shroud played like 20 hours straight release day.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
This game is amazing. Its got style, it's got fantastic gunplay. I can actually snipe on this game. I never snipe. The characters are genuinely unique, representative and charming. 60 fps with no hitches during gunfights (on Xbox One X).

However by far what I'm most impressed with is the quality of life improvements they make that I wish they had in other BR games. Like when your character is shot at, he/she calls out to the team letting them know. There are vocal queues when you choose a drop location. Having a drop leader to guide the team so you land together. The ability to revive a fallen teammate, though risky, is an awesome mechanic. There's a shooting graphic on the player's name in the team list when they are firing. The games just blew me away. I honestly think this might be the best BR game made so far.

DonF

And no white males out of the six playable. Thanks ea... ... ... This is beginning to get retarded . Lol
Lol, they are going to reveal a gay character before a white one.

Game looks fun and its hard to say no to free.

stickkidsam

I only played a few rounds yesterday and didn't ake time looking into the UI. Is it explained somewhere in the game ? For example how do you activate the shield thingy, can you drop items for your teammates,do all weapons extensions equip automatically or can you tune them ?
You first get your shield by picking up a Doom style armor piece. You can also pick up helmets which I think just boost your defense? That part isn't really clear. When your shields run out you can use a shield regen to refill your bars.

You can drop weapons for teammates by pressing the start button (or whatever it's called these days... the middle right one) and moving to the thing you want to drop, then pressing X/A. It'll show a pop up with the prompts.

As far as I can tell, you automatically equip weapon extension if you have a weapon that works with them. Otherwise they get put into your inventory. If your inventory is full you will swap out the attachment for your current one.

Hope this helps.

ethomaz

Banned
I was expecting to play Titanfall in battle royale mode.

I ended playing Overwatch in battle royale mode.

Where is my transversal gameplay with wall running?

Roobtoob

Neo Member
Developers didn't want to include wall running because they tried it out and it only encouraged solo play and group separation.

HoodWinked

I've been wondering what the staying power of this game will be. I feel like the speed could have a damaging effect on fortnite where that game may feel slow and could be hard to go back to. Tho fortnite isnt going anywhere I just don't see many female streamers getting into apex legends.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
It feels like tight, but as with similar games it's lacking a mode where I can just fucking figure everything out first.

VertigoOA

Banned
I've been wondering what the staying power of this game will be. I feel like the speed could have a damaging effect on fortnite where that game may feel slow and could be hard to go back to. Tho fortnite isnt going anywhere I just don't see many female streamers getting into apex legends.

Umm...

I see it sticking around with blackout and fortnite. Every one chips away at fortnite but when you have AAA efforts like blackout and apex out there, that play exceptionally better than all competitors... PUBG gets hurt the most.

DOW

Really enjoying this so far. I had two games in a row with randoms where two of us were full killed but our teammate was able to get our chip to respawn and go on to win the game.

So, been playing for 3-4hours straight, havent done this in probably years! Im really really enjoying it, I hope it becomes a big thing and gets more and more legends/weapons.

Welldone Respawn!

RPS37

So, been playing for 3-4hours straight, havent done this in probably years! Im really really enjoying it, I hope it becomes a big thing and gets more and more legends/weapons.

Welldone Respawn!
I agree. I’m pretty impressed and I hope it does well. Might make me replay some TF2 just out of respect.

DonF

I played a couple of rounds, got 3 ''packs'' or whatever that thing is...and got a legendary skin for a character and a very cool purple gun skin. Im a lucky f2player. Im liking the game, a lot.

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
Is there a good resource for this game yet as far as gear is concerned? I'm still super confused on how it all works.

I especially love how they specifically said playing with your friends across consoles, rather than just playing with random people on a different console.

Anyhow, I've been watching a bunch of first impressions videos, and here are two of my favorite so far. The first is from one of the most popular Destiny You Tubers, who intended to play a couple games, see what this was like, and then go on with his day. He ended up playing for five hours.

And Jim Sterling thinks that this is a very well-made game, and EA is a very bad company, much to the surprise of no one. If you hate EA and you like Respawn, you might enjoy hearing him talking about those things.

Last edited:
Angry Joe speaking to his 3 million subscribers: "This is now my new favorite battle royale."

And here's the most popular streamer on the planet:

If game developers ever needed the support from game journalists and traditional advertising, those days are gone. Twitch, You Tube, and overall game quality are making this a hit, no reviewers needed.

Meccs

I loved TF2 but for some reason I can not get into this game. It does nothing for me. I am somewhat ok with removing titans but the movement/wall running? That is terrible. I can not wait for this battle royale craze to get replaced by something else.

Zewp

Damn, EA really pulled an ace out of their sleeve with this one.

I couldn't get into Fortnite, PUBG or Black ops 4's BR, but I'm really enjoying this one.

Aren117

it will take quite some time to reach 12,000 credits

Not really, played casually on those 2 days and already got almost 12K for a character. By this time, people more into the game already got one or both.

The craft currency tho, that will be a pain. I have under 100, and some skins are like, 1200 or something.

The Skull

Really tempted to give this a go. Thankfully Titanfall 2 still has a few thousand players on pc so I can get my fix there. I hope this is a huge success for them.

DonF

...And there it is

KBRRz0b.jpg

just bought a 10dollar pack, want to support respawn

I talked about how much I hate the look of some of the characters, and how I'd like more than just different colors of the same outfits, but I'm now thinking they're probably saving that for a battle pass type system once the game gets more popular.

If that's the case, I'll likely pay for the seasonal pass.

Angry Joe speaking to his 3 million subscribers: "This is now my new favorite battle royale."

And here's the most popular streamer on the planet:

If game developers ever needed the support from game journalists and traditional advertising, those days are gone. Twitch, You Tube, and overall game quality are making this a hit, no reviewers needed.

The games media knows this and you can see how insecure they are getting.

Top Bottom