• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apex Legends |OT| Have you seen Titanfall 3?

Codes 208

Also, I wanted to save this for the top of a new page, if you guys want to post your gamer tags for the community, I’ll put them up on the reserved post

Fbh

Silly question of someone who hasn't played a lot BR.

How do I know if a weapon is better/worse than the one I already have ? Or at least how it's different?

Codes 208

Silly question of someone who hasn't played a lot BR.

How do I know if a weapon is better/worse than the one I already have ? Or at least how it's different?
In the main lobby, you can check gun stats. This game is a bit like cod where it’s kinda more of a preference outside of different classes, it’s not like fortnite’s rarity stats where there multiple of everything.

Though I’m certain there’s plenty of titanfall players happy to see the hemlock and 301-carbine return

Fbh

In the main lobby, you can check gun stats. This game is a bit like cod where it’s kinda more of a preference outside of different classes, it’s not like fortnite’s rarity stats where there multiple of everything.

Though I’m certain there’s plenty of titanfall players happy to see the hemlock and 301-carbine return

Oh Ok. Would have been nice to see some quick comparison stats when examining a weapon on the floor but I guess in time people will find their favourites anyway.

Guess I'll boot up Titanfall 2 . I played it a lot but can't really remember what my favourite weapon was called

Phobia

Not really, played casually on those 2 days and already got almost 12K for a character. By this time, people more into the game already got one or both.

I put in about 30 hours and i've got 5000 credits. I won twice and made the top 2 teams about 20 times. Zero way you almost have enough credits playing casually lol. Had to say it.

Fbh

I actually won one. Got good teammates that stayed together and used the pin system.

Though we only got like 5 kills lol

Hobbesian

Banned
*rollseyes*

I just realized I made these posts in the wrong thread.

Anyways

Ammo capacity is annoying small. There's nothing like getting a garbage drop, taking up to a minute to find a weapon, and you have like, 20 rounds of ammo total between the two weapons you're carrying.

Is there a solid breakdown of the game's mechanics anywhere yet, so I can learn what the hell I'm doing?

Last edited:
*rollseyes*

Anyways

Ammo capacity is annoying small. There's nothing like getting a garbage drop, taking up to a minute to find a weapon, and you have like, 20 rounds of ammo total between the two weapons you're carrying.

Is there a solid breakdown of the game's mechanics anywhere yet, so I can learn what the hell I'm doing?

on your inventory screen, ammo/items that you cannot use have large X's over them. so you can make back a lot of inventory space by tossing stuff you dont need (until you find a backpack at least, which opens up another couple of inventory slots)

Phobia

Also, only pick up the ammo that matches the color of your guns. This may be obvious, but I played with a bunch of people that didn't understand that today.

One thing I love about the game is how when you swap guns, it automatically equips whatever attachments you have available. Its also great that it gives you a prompt when your current equipment is better than the equipment you're looking at. Super useful.

Codes 208

Just won my first match of the night. On top of that I got 5 kills so I didn’t feel entirely useless this time lol.

Also for those wondering, yes this game has achievements (and I believe trophies)

Alx

So who's the most noob friendly character in your opinion ? I seem to do terrible with most, and I'm feeling bad dragging my team down by dying all the time (andfeeling even worse when they decide to leave me behind even if my corpse is right there and they could collect my banner ;_; )

TLZ

Banned
Angry Joe speaking to his 3 million subscribers: "This is now my new favorite battle royale."

And here's the most popular streamer on the planet:

If game developers ever needed the support from game journalists and traditional advertising, those days are gone. Twitch, You Tube, and overall game quality are making this a hit, no reviewers needed.

Probably that's why they're too salty and irrelevant.

So who's the most noob friendly character in your opinion ? I seem to do terrible with most, and I'm feeling bad dragging my team down by dying all the time (andfeeling even worse when they decide to leave me behind even if my corpse is right there and they could collect my banner ;_; )

Well, Lifeline has a healing drone with a short cooldown. And her care package can have some neat items. She can also use health kits and revive others faster.
You can help your team even if you suck.

Last edited:

Makariel

Well, Lifeline has a healing drone with a short cooldown. And her care package can have some neat items. She can also use health kits and revive others faster.
You can help your team even if you suck.
That sounds like the perfect character for me!

Fbh

That sounds like the perfect character for me!

I'm a noob myself but Gibraltar also seems pretty useful and noob friendly . His shield dome is great and can make the difference for your Squad even if you aren't getting a lot of kills

Last edited:

Bryank75

Banned
Also, I wanted to save this for the top of a new page, if you guys want to post your gamer tags for the community, I’ll put them up on the reserved post

Mine is the same as my username here: bryank75

Got my first win last night as "portal girl", 6 kills. 15 minutes of total game length.

*rollseyes*

Anyways

it's normal it's BR game, you must make best use of the resources you have.

Fbh

This game is really selling me on the BR concept which I didn't care about before. If I can convince some friends to pick it up I see it becoming part of my regular multiplayer lineup (which as of late has basically just been rocket league)

I think they should just cut to the chase and fly everyone in with some random loot to start with. :)

Nah, the scavenging is part of the appeal and it pushes people to actually move around instead of instantly start camping.
But maybe it would be good if everyone started with a weak pistol or something

Man the shotgun meta is getting annoying... way too OP
Yeah they need a nerf. They weren't this good in Titanfall 2 because everyone was way more agile and fast with the whole wall running and grappling hook thing, but here they have become mi go-to weapon

Last edited:

Nydus

Gold Member
Played two games today but I think my lust for BR is completely dead. I can see that there is a really good game in front of me but the BR concept as a whole bores me to tears :(

After playing a lot of BF5 with its short ttk and the anthem demo with its action packed movement the 10 minutes running around to loot some grey and green items to get blasted to pieces in the last 2 minutes isn't doing anything for me anymore :(

I mean the shooting was good and the engagements where (kinda) fun, but it's just not enough for me. But I think the people who love BR have a real hit on their hands.

Flyinmunky

Just had 8 kill win, had sniper (not sure model) with a 10x. Was awesome. Also didnt know there was loot boxes to open...Doh! Had loads to open.

Last edited:

Ten_Fold

Got my first team win last night, played till like 2am since I got off work around 7pm last night. This game is soo fun, it’s been awhile since I enjoyed a shooter.

tr1p1ex

Nah, the scavenging is part of the appeal and it pushes people to actually move around instead of instantly start camping.
But maybe it would be good if everyone started with a weak pistol or something

circle takes care of camping though right?

yeah there is appeal for scavenging to me and yet the whole beginning process of it gets tedious for me as well. That's why I was thinking they could start everyone off with a random inventory. You could trade with your teammates. But you're immediately into fighting and moving forward mode.

fun game tho.

Last edited:

Fbh

circle takes care of camping though right?

yeah there is appeal for scavenging to me and yet the whole beginning process of it gets tedious for me as well. That's why I was thinking they could start everyone off with a random inventory. You could trade with your teammates. But you're immediately into fighting and moving forward mode.

fun game tho.

The circle helps, yeah, but it's the circle combined with the scavenging which really gets people to move around. I think neither just the circle or just the scavenging are enough.

If there's one thing I'm not liking it's that some games it's basically me and my team just running around for 10 minutes before we even encounter anyone. I just think that if you take out the scavenging that aspect would get even worse

Last edited:

Fbh

As expected playing with randoms can really suck.

Just spent an hour with nothing but crappy teammates. People disconnecting before we even dropped, people landing and instantly running away (and dying soon after). One guy had my revival token and then proceeded to walk past like 4 revival stations without bothering to revive me, etc

anyone else get this super annoying error syncing cloud storage data everytime you load up origin?

Nope. But I get a "failed to connect to the EA" servers issue after pretty much every game

Codes 208

Man the shotgun meta is getting annoying... way too OP
As Fbh said, it’s definitely due to movement changes. They had their strengths in Titanfall but they were easy to counter due to the overall flow of the game. They could use a nerf but honestly I haven’t played enough to have that particular response. The flatliner can absolutely clean house if left unchecked too it seems.

II_JumPeR_I

Yeah they need a nerf. They weren't this good in Titanfall 2 because everyone was way more agile and fast with the whole wall running and grappling hook thing, but here they have become mi go-to weapon
Yup just won two matches because i got a fully upgraded peacekeeper in one match and carried two shotguns in the second match (peacekeeper and mistiff) its ridiclious. I would like to see some variety in kills, meta and weapons.. but the weapon i get killed with the most is just any shotgun.

tr1p1ex

The circle helps, yeah, but it's the circle combined with the scavenging which really gets people to move around. I think neither just the circle or just the scavenging are enough.

If there's one thing I'm not liking it's that some games it's basically me and my team just running around for 10 minutes before we even encounter anyone. I just think that if you take out the scavenging that aspect would get even worse

Why would it get worse? If anything the first 5 minutes of almost every game is just your team looking for stuff in the area you landed in. It seems like if you got rid of that then you'd get to the battles more quickly.

But you make a good pt that without looting I wouldn't go into half the buildings out there. There'd be no reason to go in them. And it does encourage you to move some to look for stuff. But I thnk the circle already motivates you to move and because of that it takes you through areas that might have loot after your initial build-up phase.

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
I think they should just cut to the chase and fly everyone in with some random loot to start with. :)
Agreed. The initial scavenging isn't any fun. Fist fighting another squad isn't fun.

Last edited:

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
Some of the most fun i've ever had in this game was landing on top of the ship along with 3 other squads, desperately scavenging for anything while punching each other.
The melee combat is so janky compared to the gunplay. I don't see how you can like it, but to each their own.

Last edited:

Winter John

I've had some fun with the game which surprised me because I really didn't like Fortnite. This is much faster paced and I like the character abilities. Also no building is a major plus.

splattered

Just got 2nd w a squad of randos.. intense match. Then, I leveled up and got an apex pack. Opened it and then I somehow lost connection to the servers. Hit the A button and came back to find i just lost my rewards including the legendary gun skin. And my apex pack. What the fuck.

Ivellios

Amazing game, i have won 2 games as a Lifeline, one solo and other with friends.

The pings are amazing to coordinate with people without voice chat. This make this game actually very fun to play solo since you can still coordinate with your squad.

Never tought i would like a BR game like this

Phobia

You can be revived in Apex Legends. When you die you drop a chip, your teammates can grab these chips and upload it to a respawn location, which brings you back.

Its free, so you might want to give it a shot. I never really got into BR games but I dig this one a ton.

RPS37

Fully obsessed with the game at this point. De-throning Overwatch as my go to killing time multiplayer game.

Greedings

You can be revived in Apex Legends. When you die you drop a chip, your teammates can grab these chips and upload it to a respawn location, which brings you back.

Its free, so you might want to give it a shot. I never really got into BR games but I dig this one a ton.

My problem is that it usually takes me a few minutes to get into the groove. If I die immediately, I'll never be able to enjoy it. Free is worth a shot though!

My problem is that it usually takes me a few minutes to get into the groove. If I die immediately, I'll never be able to enjoy it. Free is worth a shot though!

I rarely die right away in this game. The land is large enough where you can usually get some weapons and gear up a bit before running into other teams. That, and having 60 players instead of 100 helps a lot as well. The map is so good in this game, when compared to the giant open environments of other battle royale games.

You can also spend a lot of time playing with each gun in the training mode, which I would recommend.

Last edited:

Shmunter

I'm a noob myself but Gibraltar also seems pretty useful and noob friendly . His shield dome is great and can make the difference for your Squad even if you aren't getting a lot of kills

Tried using him for an extended period and couldn’t find a solid case for the dome as it blocks ability to fire from within. The slow moving just wasn’t worth it.

Top Bottom