• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apex Legends |OT| Have you seen Titanfall 3?

rəddəM

Another possibility is they wanted to test it on the actual servers. This should be really fun for flanking enemies. One minute someone is waiting for you to peak back at them at the edge of a wall, and the next you come leaping over them with a mid-air shotgun blast.

Kinda strange considering it's supposed to be his ultimate and you could put it almost anywhere.
The possibilities...

Greedings

Argh, I just need to unlock one more character before I can get the last two trophies.

Still loving the game, it's a breath of fresh air for me.

Wow, I don't think that battle pass could've disappointed me more if I just paid them $10 to punch me in the nards.

Edit: It says one of the free rewards is a legendary skin, but shows a character you can't play unless you get the battle pass. Is that a random legendary skin or do they really give you a skin you can't use? And do loot boxes unlock things for characters you don't have?

Last edited:

haxan7

Volunteered as Tribute
So there's no ranking or matchmaking based on skill like in, say, Rocket League? The season is just adding rewards that you gain exp to earn?

Last edited:

Javthusiast

Banned
Wow is the pass underwhelming. The last level rewards especially are just sad. Fortnite has apex beat massively in that department.

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
Started playing it the other night and the drop music is 🔥🔥🔥🔥

Battle Pass looks weak so I won't be investing in that, the main game has enough to keep me going for now.

G-Bus

Banned
Wow is the pass underwhelming. The last level rewards especially are just sad. Fortnite has apex beat massively in that department.

Apparently that skin has 3 stages and changes as you get kills. Read about it's eyes glowing and smoke coming out of its nostrils.

The pass is underwhelming but I'm still going to pick it up. Has coins as rewards too. 1000 total. So you get it all back. Your level also resets so the potential for unlocking more loot box things is there.

Honestly feels a bit rushed or they didn't think to put a ton of effort in because no one expected it to hit 50 million in the first week.

Hopefully season 2 is better.

Last edited:

Sybrix

Looks ok i guess.

There are so many hackers in the game currently, they need to address this ASAP (i.e. Region lock Asia) there are so many Chinese hackers and its ruining the game.

sol_bad

Question.
The items in the season pass, Does anyone know if the items will still be available in the loot boxes after the season ends?

The items are filler in between the coins that can be used for the next pass, and tbh, for a new game and its first pass, I think that's OK. You are basically buying into being able to get future passes for free while receiving items of subjective quality.

12 packs for the season is a joke. I just want to give Respawn my money in exchange for being able to open a pack every level or two. Is that really too much to ask?

I wouldn't even care if I didn't get the coins back, as long as I could continue earning random loot crates, because I'm not going to buy them.

-MD-

I wouldn't use any of the skins so I'll keep my $10.

Honestly, if they had included a single desirable item in the pass I would've bought it but apparently they couldn't manage it. Maybe next time.

Helios

l6lglepxaxm21.jpg

Skyr

I don't really care for the pass but I had 90 hours of fun with the game already and more to come.
Don't mind spending 10 bucks to show my appreciation.

Last edited:

Greedings

I also feel the urge to tip Respawn, but frankly, there's nothing I really want. I could buy another character, but...meh, I'll eventually earn it free.
The game is amazing, but the cosmetics aren't particularly exciting.

I have no clue why I'd buy the battle pass.

I'd say the best reason is the fact that you get all the coins back, by the time you hit rank 97. So if they announce the season 2 battle pass, and it's not crap like this one seems to be, and it actually includes good character skins and cool weapon skins, and you know you're going to buy it, and you've ranked up season 1 all the way, then why not? I'd be like getting 12 free apex packs, all the fairly lame content that's in season 1, and the only good weapon skin from level 100, and getting all of that for free.

I honestly hope a hugely negative reaction and poor sales gets them to re-design the pass retroactively, perhaps in a month or two, but sometime before the end of the season. Getting a season 1 badge that says level 5 when you reach level 5, and then getting a level 10 version when you reach level 10, and so on? Unless I'm missing something that they haven't explained properly yet, that is just outrageously bad.

:messenger_tears_of_joy:

That post is a joke, but then again, so is this battle pass.

Last edited:
I don't really care for the pass but I had 90 hours of fun with the game already and more to come.
Don't mind spending 10 bucks to show my appreciation.

This is exactly my stance on the subject but my friends contest it with other games they could buy for that price. The battle pass is so bad that it makes them contest paying 10 dollars for all the amazing fun we had since release date.

Greedings

I'd say the best reason is the fact that you get all the coins back, by the time you hit rank 97. So if they announce the season 2 battle pass, and it's not crap like this one seems to be, and it actually includes good character skins and cool weapon skins, and you know you're going to buy it, and you've ranked up season 1 all the way, then why not? I'd be like getting 12 free apex packs, all the fairly lame content that's in season 1, and the only good weapon skin from level 100, and getting all of that for free.

That's the issue. How long will it take to get to rank 97? I think I'm like rank 34 now, and I feel like I've been playing a lot. If it's the same pace, there's no way in hell I will get to 97 before season 2.

That's the issue. How long will it take to get to rank 97? I think I'm like rank 34 now, and I feel like I've been playing a lot. If it's the same pace, there's no way in hell I will get to 97 before season 2.

This is completely calculated. Every second that didn't go into developing this battle pass went into calculating how much apex coins people will need to get when battle pass 2 comes to get to the 950.

waylo

Banned
Man, all that waiting and excitement for the battle pass and that's what they deliver?

I'm very conflicted. I've played the shit out of this game and I think it's really great. I'd like to give them money, but I can't bring myself to buy loot boxes. Figured the battle pass would be a slam dunk.

However, all the content in that battle pass is trash. Everything is re-colors (and ugly ones at that), and the ONE actual new legendary is a fucking Havoc skin. Yuck. Also, thought for sure there would be more loot boxes since once you hit 100 they fuck you over and stop all flow of them, but nope. No crafting mats either. Just a ton of shitty banners and stats.

I want to give them $10, pretty badly actually. But that battle pass is honestly awful.

Codes 208

Do people like Havoc? I seem to like different weapons each day, yesterday it was Flatline, day before Spitfire (get surplus heavy ammo and just fire anyway like a maniac, it absolutely frightens the opponent), but yet to be Havoc.
If it has a mod it’ll absolutely melt people at close range, without a mod it’s garbage due to the charge time.
They need to improve performance and stability. 960 or 670 cant handle it.

Again, what settings do the base consoles run?
Nothing confirmed but mostly likely low-med with a dynamic resolution of around 900p for Xbox and 1080p for ps4.

But seeing as to how those cards both range around 2tflops, that’s pretty low range by today’s standards. Even a 970/1060 will get a run for its money with these BR games (which are generally resource intensive) so I’d argue this is less about performance on their end and more on your older cards.

waylo

Banned
So I caved and bought the pass. I want to support Respawn.

Then I realized each level of the BP takes 29,500 XP, almost twice as much as a regular level (18,000). So not only do the rewards suck for the most part, you have to grind even harder to get them. Ugh.

To make matters even worse, the servers are worse than ever. Played two games with a buddy and each was like playing in slow motion.

Back to Division for now I guess.

Last edited:
29.5k xp per level? lol. I maybe earn somewhere between 2-5k a match that isn't an instant kill so that would be nearly 1000 matches for me to max the battle pass, which would probably amount to roughly 12 matches a day, every day, for 90 days straight.

Last edited:

Helios

Then I realized each level of the BP takes 29,500 XP, almost twice as much as a regular level (18,000). So not only do the rewards suck for the most part, you have to grind even harder to get them. Ugh.
I think that's supposed to be offset by the fact that you get bonus XP with each legend up to a cap and the boosters you get throughout the levels.

Even a 970/1060 will get a run for its money with these BR games (which are generally resource intensive) so I’d argue this is less about performance on their end and more on your older cards.

What you exactly mean with that?

On PS4 the resolution goes down to 720p when things are happening, shadows are of way less quality then Pro/One X, and ambient occlusion isnt avaible, volumetric seems of less quality too, framerate is anywhere between 50 and 60fps. This is all i gathered.
One would think a GTX670/i7 combo should do better then the base PS4?

Codes 208

What you exactly mean with that?

On PS4 the resolution goes down to 720p when things are happening, shadows are of way less quality then Pro/One X, and ambient occlusion isnt avaible, volumetric seems of less quality too, framerate is anywhere between 50 and 60fps. This is all i gathered.
One would think a GTX670/i7 combo should do better then the base PS4?
Its never cut and dry like that. A game that was optimized for PS4 doesn’t necessarily equate an equal level of quality on a similar pc rig. CPU also plays a part as well. While having an i7 is good, a lot of the processing power here comes from the gpu.

As for what I mean by resource intensive the game uses a lot of processing power to calculate everything going on a single map filled with 60+ people so realistically this game will still need a relatively beefy card. Now let’s talk cards, specifically a 670. It’s a 2.3TFlop card which puts it roughly about 30% faster than a base ps4 which isn’t a lot of headroom. What settings are you using? As you said, the resolution hits as low as 720p with lower settings would suggest that the base hardware does struggle a bit when keeping up with demand. If you’re looking for maxed or high settings at 60fps at a decent resolution, you may need to look into upgrading. Looking at the benchmark it seems the 970 only hits an average of 63fps so I’m not all that surprised that it may not be running so well on lower specs.

Alx

Octane is quite fun to play. The old "run and gun" combo works well with his stim ability and an EVA 8.

Im gonna buy battle pass just to get that little dopamine kick after rounds again but man they making it hard with these dogshit cosmetics. Which is a surprise really since the og legendary stuff is really good imo. They just need to make a Bangelore that's not terrible.

29.5k xp per level? lol. I maybe earn somewhere between 2-5k a match that isn't an instant kill so that would be nearly 1000 matches for me to max the battle pass, which would probably amount to roughly 12 matches a day, every day, for 90 days straight.
Its offset by the bonus points for playing different legends

splattered

Reading around on the web it'll take a good 200 hours minus the xp bonuses... hopefully they adjust this soon. Not gonna play the game for 4 hours just to go up a few tiers.

Skyr

This game is soooooooo bad with 2 randoms as teammates.

I can't even do it.

It's one of the better games to play with randoms. At least the ping system makes basic coordination possible even if there are no coms.

Alx

Yeah random is, well, random. You can get matched with good or bad players, some playing team and others not, but it's not rare to get good parties. Unlike most online games where it only works if you play with friends and microphones on, Apex can work with anybody.

Greedings

This game is soooooooo bad with 2 randoms as teammates.

I can't even do it.

It's fine with randoms. Sometimes you get people who don't understand working as a team, but more often than not people are pretty ok. I'm not exactly a pro gamer and I've won a fair amount of games only playing with randoms.
Having an option to remain as a team would be great though.

Please for the love of pussy develop a good ranked system and add that into the game.

That's all it takes.

Please don't. Ranked stuff just takes the fun out of a multiplayer game. Adds too much pressure to the ranked mode, and takes all the people who actually try out of the casual mode. Ranked killed Overwatch for me.

Please don't. Ranked stuff just takes the fun out of a multiplayer game. Adds too much pressure to the ranked mode, and takes all the people who actually try out of the casual mode. Ranked killed Overwatch for me.

I don't agree at all. A well implemented ranked system adds longevity. People who actually try (like you said) should be playing with other people that actually try.

Alx

What the game needs is more command shortcuts to get people to play better. "Come back here", "hey I needed that", "you're the healer, heal me !", "use your ultra" etc

Last edited:

suEcide

Why is it that when I try to enter a match, I ready my character up and I get the prompt "Party not ready" and I don't progress to go play with strangers. It only happened once where I got to play a game. Am I missing something obvious here?

Top Bottom