• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apex Legends |OT| Have you seen Titanfall 3?

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
Last night I finally registered my Twitch for the free loot and got a Legendary skin with Gibraltar.

Today I came first with him in a team of two and killed 7 people as the kill leader. I feel blessed.

Mista

Banned
Respawn murdered the wingman. The gun was op anyways but even after the nerf it’ll still be great with extended mags. Sad that they aren’t willing to rework Mirage just because he has a high win rate

I hope they do a few more of these events before the end of season 1 so that we can get to level 110 without too much effort. It's nice to know you can earn back the next battle pass just from gameplay, hopefully the next one is better, the cosmetics sucked on this one and they were nearly all the same.

Last edited:

Mista

Banned
I hope they do a few more of these events before the end of season 1 so that we can get to level 110 without too much effort. It's nice to know you can earn back the next battle pass just from gameplay, hopefully the next one is better, the cosmetics sucked on this one and they were nearly all the same.
Cosmetics sure sucked on this one. I mean I’ll let the weapon skins pass but giving me badges when I’m at 50,70...etc? Weak

manfestival

So like is all the doom and gloom about the games population true? I saw a few videos pop up on youtube that I did not feel like giving views to that were essentially saying this in their titles.

Mista

Banned
So like is all the doom and gloom about the games population true? I saw a few videos pop up on youtube that I did not feel like giving views to that were essentially saying this in their titles.
The greatest BR game out there and that’s coming from a man that HATES BR. The teamwork in this game makes it special + guns feels amazing thanks to Respawn. Gameplay is super fun no matter when you die early or late game, you’ll immediately jump back in to play.

manfestival

The greatest BR game out there and that’s coming from a man that HATES BR. The teamwork in this game makes it special + guns feels amazing thanks to Respawn. Gameplay is super fun no matter when you die early or late game, you’ll immediately jump back in to play.
Oh I totally agree with you on this. All other BR games just do not pale in comparison to Apex. I do not like BR either but this one feels so much better in every way. Still doesn't answer my question tho

Last edited:

Mista

Banned
Oh I totally agree with you on this. All other BR games just do not pale in comparison to Apex. I do not like BR either but this one feels so much better in every way. Still doesn't answer my question tho
The game reached more than 50 million players just a month after release. Does this answer your question?

Last edited:

Mista

Banned
No, it doesn't. You are citing older information.
Then what actually do you want to know because it seems I’m not getting what you’re asking. You mean currently how’s the game doing? If that’s it then we don’t know because Respawn haven’t provided us with any new info. I assume it’s still crazy popular due to many known streamers are playing the game daily

fortnite_twitch_chart_1-1030x277.jpg

https://wccftech.com/analysis-twitch-data-fortnite-may-have-peaked/

Only thing I could find that seemed legit.

fortnite_twitch_chart_3.jpg

Last edited:

Mista

Banned
I was so unlucky yesterday and it got carried to today. But after two matches, I’m back on track. Aim on point and my strafing is insane!

Shmunter

I was so unlucky yesterday and it got carried to today. But after two matches, I’m back on track. Aim on point and my strafing is insane!

Yeah I’m enjoying it again. Think the patches have made unseen refinements to gameplay.

Mista

Banned
game of the forever, i will not stop playing this any time soon

season 2 is gonna be killer btw, expect chaos
Hoping for a better rewards. Also looking forward to the new character Wattson, She'll be badass!

jpg

Very early render of her

jpg

Her abilities got leaked too

jpg

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
You reckon they'd drop a new character mid season or nah?

Came first with Speed O' Sound Sonic by accident last night. Got that Golden Shotgun and held down L2 while pressing R2 and people just turned into boxes the final confrontation of the three teams. Was good.

Da-Kid

Came first with Speed O' Sound Sonic by accident last night. Got that Golden Shotgun and held down L2 while pressing R2 and people just turned into boxes the final confrontation of the three teams. Was good.
Hope they do, that would be cool. Hope season 2 gives is a new map too.

Also I play frequently non PS4. Add me xXIzzyKidXx

Mista

Banned

Nah, there’s a roadmap already.
Screen_Shot_2019_02_06_at_3.49.34_PM.png

Yeah the choke on the peacekeeper is insane but I still prefer the EVA unless I get a Mastiff

Mista

Banned
An update from Respawn

Slow Server Performance at the Beginning of a Match

• So far, we know that it affects some datacenters more than others, it happens on many different server configurations, and it doesn't seem to hit multiple server instances running on the same machine. In other words, it's not that a machine is overloaded and everything on it is running too slow – it's that one instance on the same machine seems to be doing more work than the others, and we're trying to nail down what work it's doing and work backwards to understand the root cause. This is extremely high priority for us, and we'll keep you updated on our progress.
Audio Issues

• Currently testing some potential fixes that will hopefully address many of the performance issues we’ve seen reported.
Cheaters

Hit Registration Issues

• We are adding engine features to help track down and report instances of incorrect hit registration in playtests so we can force the bug and reproduce the issue consistently. While we have made some progress with some fixes locally, more work needs to be done to address the root of the problem.
Over the next few weeks we’ll talk more about the work that’s being done in these areas and provide updates about when we’ll be addressing them in future patches.

We know that, in addition to addressing issues with the game, everyone is hungry for us to add new content. The studio culture that we’ve worked hard to cultivate, and the health of our team are very important. We take those things into account when we discuss our content roadmap, the production schedule, and the frequency in which we can update the game. Our long-term goal is to ensure Apex Legends always feels alive and thriving, with a focus on quality of content over novelty or speed of release. At the same time, we want to maintain our culture as a development team and avoid crunch that can quickly lead to burnout or worse.

At launch we shared a high-level view of our roadmap, showcasing how we would be taking a seasonal approach to live service. Today we want to provide more clarity on what you can expect for content and update cadence in the future:

Season Launches

• The beginning of each season will start big with a new Battle Pass, a new Legend, something new for the meta, and more.
Thoughtful Updates Throughout the Season

• Just as we've done since launch, we will continue to address exploits, necessary balance changes, bug fixes, and small features throughout the course of a season. For complete transparency, our goal isn't, and never has been, to patch or update content on a weekly basis. We believe strongly in the importance of large, meaningful changes to the game that have lasting impact, thus our focus on a seasonal release cadence we laid out at launch. We will continue to follow this cadence in the future.
Improved Communication

• We need to provide more visibility into the future, and what we’re working on. That doesn’t mean we’re going to start telling folks everything they want to know when they want to know it, but you can expect more transparency on future updates and fewer surprise drops.
At EA PLAY in June, we will give you the first details on what you can expect from Season 2. We’ve seen all the feedback on Season 1 and look forward to showing you the improvements we’re making. For Season 2 you can expect a Battle Pass with more meaningful content, the introduction of a new Legend, the debut of a new weapon . . . and you didn’t expect Kings Canyon to stay the same forever, did you?

Alx

Well then, don’t get upset if people stopped playing this game

I don't think they should be upset if they do. They chose a business model and stand by it, they probably can't afford going for the players with a 1 week attention span, because it requires more resources to provide a continuous stream of content.
They chose gameplay as the main selling point of their games, the audience is smaller but so are the production costs.

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
Drop a new Legend in the middle of the season please. I need someone new. We all do. Substantial stuff can come later in one big update.

Shmunter

Yes progression seems to be completely irrelevant how it’s setup. The cosmetics add nothing. But for me it never is relevant, the core gameplay is what counts and keeps me coming back.

Games spin up in seconds, so no real world issue with player base.

Winter John

Gold Member
Just fix the netcode or whatever the hell it is that has other players downing me in 2 hits no matter what armor I got on, while I can unload full clips into them and it's like I'm shooting feathers.

Mista

Banned
Just fix the netcode or whatever the hell it is that has other players downing me in 2 hits no matter what armor I got on, while I can unload full clips into them and it's like I'm shooting feathers.
Yeah, this is pretty much my issue alongside the inconsistent audio.

Shmunter

Never gave it much thought, but sometimes I feel like an Apex Legend and sometimes like an SJW outside of a safe space.

But I’m not sure this can ever be properly corrected, been a feature of COD games for as long as I remember.

Mista

Banned
I don't think they should be upset if they do. They chose a business model and stand by it, they probably can't afford going for the players with a 1 week attention span, because it requires more resources to provide a continuous stream of content.
They chose gameplay as the main selling point of their games, the audience is smaller but so are the production costs.
True. The gameplay is refreshing everytime you play. I said it before and I’ll say it again, no matter when you die early or late game, you’ll still return to the lobby and hop in a new game!

Tesseract

Banned
they should extend the season pass a bit, and figure out a way to provide crafting currency

tbh if they gave out a few crafting bucks / win, i'd be set for life

i know a few of the respawners read this forum, you assholes better give us crafting points

Last edited:

Mista

Banned
they should extend the season pass a bit, and figure out a way to provide crafting currency

tbh if they gave out a few crafting bucks / win, i'd be set for life

i know a few of the respawners read this forum, you assholes better give us crafting points
Yeah, I second this. We need other ways to get crafting materials but I can really see what Respawn are doing. They don’t want us to have a way to get legendary items unless we open packs, that’s why they’re giving us many crafting materials.

Mista

Banned
Friend died early game so me and my other friend had to put extra work!
ed5ccc1e-6c05-4dc6-a132-816af6ea2027.PNG

It wasn’t even the first time. Here’s another game where the third was a random and he quit from the beginning. Look at that sweet damage boi
35d0251a-f63a-4cb8-a368-a64986c6600f.PNG

Boss Mog

they should extend the season pass a bit

Are you kidding it's already too long when you think there won't be new content until next season. I don't even play that much and I'm level 80 already. I do switch between almost all the legends and get bonus XP every match though.

It's a shame that Respawn are gravely mismanaging a title with such good gameplay.

Tesseract

Banned
Are you kidding it's already too long when you think there won't be new content until next season. I don't even play that much and I'm level 80 already. I do switch between almost all the legends and get bonus XP every match though.

It's a shame that Respawn are gravely mismanaging a title with such good gameplay.

no i don't mean the length sorry lol, i meant rewards

i've been 110 for a week or so

Last edited:

Winter John

Gold Member
Never gave it much thought, but sometimes I feel like an Apex Legend and sometimes like an SJW outside of a safe space.

But I’m not sure this can ever be properly corrected, been a feature of COD games for as long as I remember.

Most of the time I put it down to my bad playing but there's been a few games where it was obvious I got shafted by the netcode. It's strange cos I've never had any problems with Titanfall. I guess it's cos they got a shitload more players on Apex

Last edited:
Top Bottom