• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apex Legends |OT| Have you seen Titanfall 3?

Boss Mog

did they already nerf it? server side change or something, must have missed

thing was doing like 500 dps

the bique and p20 are in a great place i feel, always wanted to sidearm it and now i can
Yeah it was a server-side update. They took it from x2.26 shield damage to x1.7 shield damage. Basically shields die in 4 hits now instead of 3 hits. On console using a controller the Alternator feels really janky compared to the R301 or R99 or even the RE45. Fire rate is pretty slow and bullet velocity seems really slow too. There's a lot of bullet drop, even at medium range. I'll take a Devotion even without turbocharger if I have enough energy ammo over an Alternator with disruptor.

Last edited:

Mista

Banned
Even at medium to long range? If so you're a lot better at the game than me, I have trouble with it at those ranges where I don't with other guns.
Medium range I can control it pretty well. Long range? Of course not. The gun wasn't made for long range
Its not about who's better than who my man. Its about using a short to mid range gun for a long range fight is whats wrong

Last edited:

Boss Mog

Medium range I can control it pretty well. Long range? Of course not. The gun wasn't made for long range
Its not about who's better than who my man. Its about using a short to mid range gun for a long range fight is whats wrong
Believe me if I had a choice I would choose to only fight with it at close range but I don't always get to chose the distance of my engagements and what my other gun is.

Mista

Banned
Believe me if I had a choice I would choose to only fight with it at close range but I don't always get to chose the distance of my engagements and what my other gun is.
Then thats your fault mate. Not the gun nor the game. I mean come on now, nobody would go head to head with a longbow from long range with an Alternator
You need to start balancing your guns. R-301 is always perfect. close, mid and even long range its a beast. Same thing goes with the Spitfire
I always like to balance my loadout. Rocking a longbow? I'm going to look for a R-301 or even a Flatline now

Tesseract

Banned
okay so something def has to be done with the ranked meta and the penalty to players, as lots of people are spectating whole games and there's no way that's good game design (you want players to move on)

meta is super campy, last game during round 4 close to 5 we had 11 squads left, that cannot be what they had in mind
either increase the first two rounds' ring speeds, increase the player count to 78, or take away the leaver penalty time out in ranked

maybe remove the top 3 +7 rp, raise the rp kill count lock, and add rp multipliers to damage thresholds

Mista

Banned
okay so something def has to be done with the ranked meta and the penalty to players, as lots of people are spectating whole games and there's no way that's good game design (you want players to move on)

meta is super campy, last game during round 4 close to 5 we had 11 squads left, that cannot be what they had in mind
either increase the first two rounds' ring speeds, increase the player count to 78, or take away the leaver penalty time out in ranked

maybe remove the top 3 +7 rp, raise the rp kill count lock, and add rp multipliers to damage thresholds
I've been trying to PM you but I can't somehow

Season 2 has fixed all the problems I had with season 1.

I can see myself getting to 110 again. Now my only issue is leveling up. I need something more than the 600 whatever points I get now. Why not level 200 at least? It has no effect on gameplay.

Cynn

did they already nerf it? server side change or something, must have missed

thing was doing like 500 dps

the bique and p20 are in a great place i feel, always wanted to sidearm it and now i can
It was server side yeah. Quickest I’ve ever seen them respond to an imbalance. I feel like disruptor is in a good spot now.

I really like the buff to ring damage, it sort of changes the whole game around for the better. It also seems like they really worked on both hit detection and lag issues, since shots actually seem to land where they should. At least now, death and failure feels bitter but fair.

If anyone wants to team up on Xbox I'm game (Euro times), I need to move away from randoms before it seriously impacts my health. I'm still pretty shit and I doubt I'm going to get any better, but at least I don't rage-quit or leave people behind unless a rescue is completely impossible. Why do these people even play team based games?

GT: Bandit Hyena

Mista

Banned
I really like the buff to ring damage, it sort of changes the whole game around for the better. It also seems like they really worked on both hit detection and lag issues, since shots actually seem to land where they should. At least now, death and failure feels bitter but fair.

If anyone wants to team up on Xbox I'm game (Euro times), I need to move away from randoms before it seriously impacts my health. I'm still pretty shit and I doubt I'm going to get any better, but at least I don't rage-quit or leave people behind unless a rescue is completely impossible. Why do these people even play team based games?

GT: Bandit Hyena
Hey Bandito, I’ll add you right now and send you a message. I’ll gladly play with you ;)

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
Hated the experience cap at first but since it resets weekly I think it's good now. It's just to prevent grinding so you can get a slither of content over time while Respawn works on the next part of the game.

PSYGN

Some nights this game really feels like
Hated the experience cap at first but since it resets weekly I think it's good now. It's just to prevent grinding so you can get a slither of content over time while Respawn works on the next part of the game.

Not to be that guy but I'm going to be that guy, I think you meant sliver. Or maybe you meant slither. I like slither of content actually, let's go with that. 🐍

--

Last night was awful. We kept getting fourth and fifth partied. We'd win many of them but ffs, let us heal up and loot a little so we can whoop the rest of y'all on fair grounds . :messenger_grinning_smiling:

Last edited:

Tesseract

Banned
Some nights this game really feels like

Not to be that guy but I'm going to be that guy, I think you meant sliver. Or maybe you meant slither. I like slither of content actually, let's go with that. 🐍

--

Last night was awful. We kept getting fourth and fifth partied. We'd win many of them but ffs, let us heal up and loot a little so we can whoop the rest of y'all on fair grounds . :messenger_grinning_smiling:

go wattson, since i started playing her we haven't been successfully partied once

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
Considering if some people had it their way they'd have the devs crunching like crazy & have them slithering to their homes. 🐻🐻🐻

waylo

Banned
Pretty much over this game. Casual queue is a breeze and my friends and I win the majority of games. Not even trying to brag or anything, but it's filled with complete dumpsters. It's fun, but it gets old and we want a challenge, so we queue for ranked. Platinum ranked queue is legit like half cheaters, maybe more. Every single game there is someone blatantly aimbotting/trigger botting. On top of that, the loot pool is atrocious. You run through 4-5 named zones, basically a third of the fucking map and we come away with white armors and P2020's. It's ridiculous and has killed all desire I have to play.

Tesseract

Banned
def lots of cheaters right now, lots of quality players in the ranks

normal is pretty dumpster tho, i think splitting up the pool was a mistake

get rid of normal and force everyone into ranked, or ditch ranking until it's ready

i dunno what else to play if not this, nothing out there with this skill ceiling right now, maybe back to titanfall 2

quake champions sucks, natural selection 2 is a pain in the ass, slipgate is rough, mcc isn't here yet ...
i'd rather eat dirt than play fortnite and pubg is seriously unathletic garbo

Last edited:

waylo

Banned

This is literally every other game at the moment. Not even joking. We had also just lost to this guy the game before and came in 2nd. It's actually out of control.

By no means am I insane, but if there were no cheaters in ranked, I feel like I'd be diamond by now (hard stuck in diamond, but still diamond lol).

49 in the BP

Did you buy levels? I've done all the weeklies and all of the dailies that have come along so far, as well as grinded out XP a lot, and I'm only like 34 or something. 49 is super high if you've just been playing to unlock levels.

Last edited:

Alx

Yes the music packs are a great idea. Hearing the same tunes over and over gets repetitive, and just changing them from time to time gives the game a fresher feeling.

Boss Mog

Does it want me to down them or just hit them in the head? Like will a shield break count? I just spray or body shot. Not good at shooting from a distance in this game, I keep it all to close encounters.
1 bullet in the head = 1 headshot, doesn't matter if they have shields or not, if you down them or not, 1 bullet hitting in the head gives you one headshot. If you kill a guy by shooting him 5 times in the head well then you'll get 5 headshots.

Iorv3th

This is becoming very frustrating solo queuing and getting people that have never played the game before or low levels. I try ranked and people don't communicate and don't listen. Just had a game where I pinged a blue armor several times and the bloodhound on my team that didn't have armor and was standing right beside it decided he would snipe instead and die.

Wings 嫩翼翻せ

so it's not nice
This is becoming very frustrating solo queuing and getting people that have never played the game before or low levels. I try ranked and people don't communicate and don't listen. Just had a game where I pinged a blue armor several times and the bloodhound on my team that didn't have armor and was standing right beside it decided he would snipe instead and die.

Bro, be my guest...

Had this one game where this dumbshite Wattson avoided every shield cell possible as she had a destroyed shield, for a whole 5 minutes and I warned into the mic "listen dog, first fight we have you're gonna die first."

Proceeds to start charging shields AS WE'RE ENTERING THE FIGHT.

Stuff like this is the epitome of solo-q

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
Bro, be my guest...

Had this one game where this dumbshite Wattson avoided every shield cell possible as she had a destroyed shield, for a whole 5 minutes and I warned into the mic "listen dog, first fight we have you're gonna die first."

Proceeds to start charging shields AS WE'RE ENTERING THE FIGHT.

Stuff like this is the epitome of solo-q
Fam... It's f2p. Of course there's gonna be morons. I know your suffering but damn. 😭

Top Bottom