• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apex Legends |OT| Have you seen Titanfall 3?

Mista

Banned
They need to changed the ranked system. It’s rubbish! I can camp if I want and die finishing 2nd or 3rd without a single encounter! Put more points in kills

Shmunter

They need to changed the ranked system. It’s rubbish! I can camp if I want and die finishing 2nd or 3rd without a single encounter! Put more points in kills
Perhaps even a multiplier. Placement Points x Kills. Linking the 2 intrinsically.

Want the meaningful rewards? kill and win.

Last edited:

Tesseract

Banned
ja agreed, felt that way even when bronze

or they need to ramp up ring speed and damage, the early rounds are too long

Last edited:

Boss Mog

I played a few games recently where I was somewhat forced to use a hemlock and I gotta say, that gun is a lot better than what I remember from when the game first launched. Maybe they didn't change it, I don't know, but my opinion of it sure has.

Mista

Banned
I played a few games recently where I was somewhat forced to use a hemlock and I gotta say, that gun is a lot better than what I remember from when the game first launched. Maybe they didn't change it, I don't know, but my opinion of it sure has.
It’s still the same bruv. I used to put it on single fire but been keeping it on burst. The gun is amazing and got good recoil to control

Tesseract

Banned
now would be a good time to introduce the grenade or rocket launchers from titanfall

also i really hope the next legend has a double jump, jet pack, or wall run

or make those abilities part of a fifth slot pick up

also: something needs to be done to even out early drop rng, i dunno what as it's not an easy thing to fix (many games have tried)
maybe melee weapons that decay and break after a few hits?

AND FIX THE FUCKING VOICE CHAT ON PC, GOD FUCKING DAMN

just to spit ball more, anyone feel like there's too many hops now? kinda ruining the loot table a bit, we're peak hop bruvs lol
maybe merge the hammer and disruptor into one, p20 and bique for hammer use, re and alter for disrupt

at the risk of too many paragraphs, general feeling right now re: ranked meta is they're gonna add a multiplier to kills * top x and increase early round ring speed collapse speed and tick damage to eliminate camping

OR they're gonna send flyers to hover around campers

just played a round 5-6 game with 11 squads left, think about that for a second and tell me that's intended lol

sorry i'm watching UFC right now on my phone, writing shit as it comes to me

Amazing. I assume you have a solid squad that you always play with

i play premades on the weekend, but during the week day i'm going rando a lot, basically pinging my balls off to the lead the team to victory

our premade is top 10ish on pc right now, afaik

*edit*

few more thoughts re: legends

octane's jump pad is shit, let us pick it back up or give us a double jump once we hit it to alter our trajectory. and wtf does it take so long to deploy
i think octane is in terrible shape right now because a good path will beat him every time, and the pad is absolutely useless in most situations
please do what you guys promised and give him damage free nade hops (while stimmed) and bhop healing

caustic is fine

mirage is fine except for decoys when you aren't jumpmaster that go wherever the fuck they want

wraith is fine

pathfinder is fine

bangalore is fine

blood is fine

life drone storm nerf is stupid, up it to like 7 ticks or something reasonable

gib needs something else, i don't know what, maybe telegraph the bubble collapse with some color shifting

wattson is fantastic, gj, feel like 5 grids at once would be better than 4 tho

i hope you like my atrocious writing style

Last edited:

waylo

Banned
Someone mentioned on Reddit the awful loot spawns and a developer responded saying loot tables weren't touched. I find that to be complete bullshit. My friends and I literally looted a third of the map in ranked and came away with nothing better than white armors and P2020's. Maybe an R99 thrown in there. I know it's RNG, but that seems to be more common than not. The loot tables were absolutely fucked with, whether it was on purpose or not. It's awful now. Conversely, casual loot spawns seem just fine.

The voice chat on PC should definitely be a top priority. I generally game with a group of friends on Mumble or Discord, but for those times we do have a pubber, it's literally impossible to hear them. Always super quiet and super stuttery. It's terrible.

Regarding points in ranked, they need to do something. Right now, there is zero incentive to take any fights. At higher ranks you only take fights if you absolutely have to. If you can run, you run. If you fight a team and get a down, you ratfuck the downed guy and then run, because odds are another three teams are also hiding in that area and they're about to show up to pick up the scraps (I think lowering gunshot audio would also help. No reason to be able to sit in Water Treatment and hear shots all the way over in fucking Airbase). There needs to be something, especially late game, that pushes the pace. Maybe once you're in top 10, kills are worth two points. Top 5 they're worth three. Something needs to be done. They took a defining feature of the game (how fast paced it is), removed it, and turned it into fucking PUBG.

Also, Disruptor is still overpowered.

Last edited:

Tesseract

Banned
Someone mentioned on Reddit the awful loot spawns and a developer responded saying loot tables weren't touched. I find that to be complete bullshit. My friends and I literally looted a third of the map in ranked and came away with nothing better than white armors and P2020's. Maybe an R99 thrown in there. I know it's RNG, but that seems to be more common than not. The loot tables were absolutely fucked with, whether it was on purpose or not. It's awful now. Conversely, casual loot spawns seem just fine.

The voice chat on PC should definitely be a top priority. I generally game with a group of friends on Mumble or Discord, but for those times we do have a pubber, it's literally impossible to hear them. Always super quiet and super stuttery. It's terrible.

Regarding points in ranked, they need to do something. Right now, there is zero incentive to take any fights. At higher ranks you only take fights if you absolutely have to. If you can run, you run. If you fight a team and get a down, you ratfuck the downed guy and then run, because odds are another three teams are also hiding in that area and they're about to show up to pick up the scraps (I think lowering gunshot audio would also help. No reason to be able to sit in Water Treatment and hear shots all the way over in fucking Airbase). There needs to be something, especially late game, that pushes the pace. Maybe once you're in top 10, kills are worth two points. Top 5 they're worth three. Something needs to be done. They took a defining feature of the game (how fast paced it is), removed it, and turned it into fucking PUBG.

Also, Disruptor is still overpowered.

solid post, this has to be the general feeling on the team, there's just no way they want the game playing like pubg

Boss Mog

Respawn just stole a full 54k battle pass level from me. I'm fucking pissed. I had 53,966/54,000 and was playing to get the level and the week reset during my game apparently despite my countdown saying there was like 6 hours left, what fucking bullshit. That's a lot of playtime to get a 54k level, all for fucking nothing.

Mista

Banned
Respawn just stole a full 54k battle pass level from me. I'm fucking pissed. I had 53,966/54,000 and was playing to get the level and the week reset during my game apparently despite my countdown saying there was like 6 hours left, what fucking bullshit. That's a lot of playtime to get a 54k level, all for fucking nothing.
This is fucked up. They should work on those timers because from what I learned, they aren’t the same for everyone which is weird. Sorry to hear that mate

Boss Mog

This is fucked up. They should work on those timers because from what I learned, they aren’t the same for everyone which is weird. Sorry to hear that mate
Yeah the countdowns are completely fucked up in this game from what I've seen. But they shouldn't just wipe your current level progress when the week resets, they should let you finish the level in progress and then it resets down to 9k after that.

Last edited:

Boss Mog

I noticed they took away the 2 care packages that drop at the very beginning of the match in casual mode. It was an easy way to get an L-Star to do the "get 10 kills with the L-Star" challenge. I'm 9/10 oh well I'm sure I'll eventually find one in the course of play.

Alx

There are issues with some challenge tracking... I have one from last week that is almost finished, only need 3 KOs in Arena. Except that I did at least 5 already and I'm stuck at 1/3. :/

psn

There are issues with some challenge tracking... I have one from last week that is almost finished, only need 3 KOs in Arena. Except that I did at least 5 already and I'm stuck at 1/3. :/
I had the same in bunker. Turned out it was just inside of the bunker, not on the way out or at the big entrance doors.

Mista

Banned

This great news. If they can implement something as good as Fortnite's detection system, my love for the game will probably be rekindled.
Good, let’s see how they’ll do this even though it’s almost impossible. I stopped playing for a week now but might get back to do the weekly

Alx

I had the same in bunker. Turned out it was just inside of the bunker, not on the way out or at the big entrance doors.

Well I was in the central circular area, I guess I couldn't be more in Arena than there.
Anyway, I guess it'll unlock when I expect it less, but it's annoying to have this extra level that I earned but didn't get.

*edit - new weekly challenge tracks KOs in arena again, got a KO in the arena, it got counted on the new challenge but not the old one. :/

Last edited:

Filben

Damn right. I got sick of running into places where a squad is camping and covering corners. Is this fun? B O R I N G
Yeah. Also raising entry cost would help. You can rank up easily and pretty fast without much skill. And then WHEN you see an enemy, you probably get instantly stomped because, essentially, you don't belong there. Or this happens to everyone and tiers (maybe except for diamond or Apex Predator) mean shit :/
I didn't even noticed first until my buddy said "I won't play Apex this night before Tuesday when the next week challenges come" and I was confused because I only thought that the NEEDED XP is reset. He explained to me that he won't reach another 54,000 points until the reset and everything he would achieve before hitting that mark would be wasted. I was actually a bit shocked. Of course you could still play for the fun, but with time being limited and battle pass progression slowed down by some odd challenges, you want to pick your 'strategy' wise on how to progress. And why should someone play the game and waste the XP when they could earn several BP levels with equal amount of XP just one day later, for example?

Boss Mog

GAF, whats your favourite combo right now?

It's hard to say really, the hop ups and magazines I find determine what I run with most of the time. Having a purple magazine can often make the difference in a fight.

The priority for me is to get a Devotion with Turbocharger or Alternator with Disruptor rounds, If I can have both at once that can work well for me especially when fighting more than one opponent at a time.

My secondary choices are the Hemlock, Spitfire and Havoc. The Mozambique with purple bolt and hammerpoint rounds is a damn great finishing weapon If I have a strong primary weapon. With that config, just 1 shot with the Bique when their shields have been broken will down them and the second shot will kill them often before they even have time to put up their knockdown shield.

Occasionally I'll run with a Longbow or Triple Take if I get the hop ups. I use the 3x scope on them.

Boss Mog

Yeah. Also raising entry cost would help. You can rank up easily and pretty fast without much skill. And then WHEN you see an enemy, you probably get instantly stomped because, essentially, you don't belong there. Or this happens to everyone and tiers (maybe except for diamond or Apex Predator) mean shit :/

I didn't even noticed first until my buddy said "I won't play Apex this night before Tuesday when the next week challenges come" and I was confused because I only thought that the NEEDED XP is reset. He explained to me that he won't reach another 54,000 points until the reset and everything he would achieve before hitting that mark would be wasted. I was actually a bit shocked. Of course you could still play for the fun, but with time being limited and battle pass progression slowed down by some odd challenges, you want to pick your 'strategy' wise on how to progress. And why should someone play the game and waste the XP when they could earn several BP levels with equal amount of XP just one day later, for example?

I think the entry cost is fine but they just need to reduce the placement bonuses to like 1,2,3 and 5 and then put 1 point for knockdows and 2 points per kill and maybe a point for respawns to motivate people.

As for my lost level, while I think it's retarded that progress is ever lost my bigger issue was with the clock saying there was 6 hours left until the week change which is why I played, to get my level before the week change.

Tomorrow I'll hit 50; psyched for the gold apex pack. Hopefully I won't get something shitty like a banner frame, but knowing my luck I probably will.

So I've ran into a "bug" recently, where I'll knock people down, see them turn to caskets but receive no kills. Played with a guy who said it happens when people exit the games when they are knocked down, can anyone confirm this?

Seems like a pretty boneheaded way of dealing with it, but it would explain why randoms drop out when they get knocked.

Mista

Banned
So I've ran into a "bug" recently, where I'll knock people down, see them turn to caskets but receive no kills. Played with a guy who said it happens when people exit the games when they are knocked down, can anyone confirm this?

Seems like a pretty boneheaded way of dealing with it, but it would explain why randoms drop out when they get knocked.
I’ve downed lots of people and when they quit I get the kill. It’s weird though what happened to you

How many times did it happen to you?

psn

I am so tired of dealing with all these origin issues. Get a notification? Here, go back to desktop while in the middle of a fight. And just now I got booted to a random lobby because I got invited to play WITHOUT ACCEPTING IT, I just ran towards the zone after killing a whole squad and boom, I am now in the lobby I just got invited to. I didnt even get a notification. Why is it so hard for them to stop this bullshit.

Last edited:

Tesseract

Banned
so okay i hope there's a significant patch coming soon, because ranking camp meta is starting to piss me off

i see both sides of the argument, as i land on the aggressive psycho murderer side, but something has to be done with early round late game balance because 10 teams in the round 5 circle is goofy shit

Alx

Lol, I always wondered if that could happen...

It happened again. ^^

Is it even possible to grab the stuff beneath the "dinosaur" paw ? I guess you need to rush for it as soon as it lifts (or use Octane). Maybe they should put something more worthwile than a level 2 body shield though.

Mista

Banned
It happened again. ^^

Is it even possible to grab the stuff beneath the "dinosaur" paw ? I guess you need to rush for it as soon as it lifts (or use Octane). Maybe they should put something more worthwile than a level 2 body shield though.

Wanna add each other on Xbox and maybe squad up later?

Tesseract

Banned
me wishes there was cross plat so i could play with you guys

one of the best pc players in the world is a controller user so it's not that big a deal

Last edited:

Tesseract

Banned
For real?! Who’s that?

i forget his name, had him pulled up the other night on twitch

grizzle something

absolutely shocking recoil control and snaps, there's a clever 180 snap on the pc build that tbh sorta makes controller superior to mouse in certain situations

i've always had an affinity for controllers any way, there's situations in which it's superior because you can level shots and control your recoil with greater ease

Last edited:

Mista

Banned
i forget his name, had him pulled up the other night on twitch

grizzle something

absolutely shocking recoil control and snaps, there's a clever 180 snap on the pc build that tbh sorta makes controller superior to mouse in certain situations

i've always had an affinity for controllers any way, there's situations in which it's superior because you can level shots and control your recoil with greater ease
Oh I need to check that out then. What’s the clever 180 snap? Some setting that benefits controller on PC?

Tesseract

Banned
Oh I need to check that out then. What’s the clever 180 snap? Some setting that benefits controller on PC?

i think it's some hold over from old source code for controllers, basically you push a button and you swing / rotate 180 degrees

it's pretty dope because it's a really clean snap with some intuition built into it, knows which direction to swing and ramps down if your analog swings the other way

tbh i think it's the single greatest innovation in console fps (and seems like only valve is doing it)

sorry i'm pretty tired, that's a shit explanation

here's what it looks like

Last edited:
Top Bottom