• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apex Legends |OT| Have you seen Titanfall 3?

Tesseract

Banned
i think the feature is so good that it could eventually make controller users better than mouse and kb because of the inherent advantages analog has for stability

someone should experiment with 90 degree yaw spins, double tap for 180, because the dead zone between those areas doesn't demand much twitchy tracking / snapping for successful play

Last edited:

jadedm17

Someone mentioned on Reddit the awful loot spawns and a developer responded saying loot tables weren't touched. I find that to be complete bullshit. My friends and I literally looted a third of the map in ranked and came away with nothing better than white armors and P2020's. Maybe an R99 thrown in there. I know it's RNG, but that seems to be more common than not. The loot tables were absolutely fucked with, whether it was on purpose or not. It's awful now. Conversely, casual loot spawns seem juse times we do have a pubber, it's literally impossible to hear them. Always super quiet and super stuttery. It's terrible.

Regarding points in ranked, they need to do something. Right now, there is zero incentive to take a

Also, Disruptor is still overpowered.

Yes. Absolutely 100% yes.
I never had issues finding the gun i wanted until recently when ill go full games ive one without finding a Longbow, even looting others. On the flip side my other sniper choice Triple Take is similar, until last week i found 5 in a small location.

Last night i found nothing of value but FOUR purple backpacks within 120 seconds of drop! Not kidding, i thought i was halluncinating by the third.

Basically id love to know the system behind drops : Ive never had issues getting the gun i wanted in Fortnite for example.

Upgrades, gold items....Fine, i dont NEED a purple mag, but i need my damn Longbow or im just not having near as much fun. :[

I’ve downed lots of people and when they quit I get the kill. It’s weird though what happened to you

How many times did it happen to you?

It happened twice that evening, but I'm starting to think that it was just a janky evening in general. Downed and killed another dude, and the kill went to another guy on our team that happened to be on the other side of a cliff at the time. We also had our third get magically swapped for another guy at the end of a match, wtf?

But I haven't run into any bugs since then, so yeah... must have been something weird going on in general.

Got your friend req by the way, I've been stuck trying to get a coworker up to the speed on the game but I'll jump in soon.

Mista

Banned
It happened twice that evening, but I'm starting to think that it was just a janky evening in general. Downed and killed another dude, and the kill went to another guy on our team that happened to be on the other side of a cliff at the time. We also had our third get magically swapped for another guy at the end of a match, wtf?

But I haven't run into any bugs since then, so yeah... must have been something weird going on in general.

Got your friend req by the way, I've been stuck trying to get a coworker up to the speed on the game but I'll jump in soon.
Friend request? What’s your GT because I don’t remember

PSYGN

They need to make every crate and building have at least 1 weapon. It's ridiculous how you can run through both stories of a building and several loot crates before finding any weapon. I don't think anyone has fun scrambling around for a weapon only to get shot in the back.

Last edited:

Mista

Banned
They need to make every crate and building have at least 1 weapon. It's ridiculous how you can run through both stories of a building and several loot crates before finding any weapon. I don't think anyone has fun scrambling around for a weapon only to get shot in the back.
Damn right! I got sick of looting attachments, ammo, nades and not a single damn gun! And when you find guns? It’s a mozamfuckingbique everywhere and two of them at the same spot

Mista

Banned
Respawn Entertainment announced a new tournament for Apex Legends today coming in September with 80 teams competing and a half million prize pool.

The studio will be hosting the Apex Legends Preseason Invitational in Krakov, Poland from Sept. 13-15. It is an invitation-only tournament with 80 teams picked by Respawn, and teams can only qualify for the tournament by registering through email and including an Origin ID.

The prize pool for the entire tournament is $500,000 with first place receiving $105,000, second place at $75,000, and third place at $60,000. There are 20 placements and an “Apex Predator” bonus of $8,000 for the player who earns the most eliminations during the finals.

Alx

I just understood why the challenge tracking didn't seem to work : there are two areas called "arena"...

psn

Remember to set your location to belgium before hitting battlepass level 50 for 800 crafting materials.

I sort of wish ranked scoring took the character specialties more into account. Playing as a medic, it becomes a little irritating when you progress slower because you're busy reviving people at the cost of gaining kill points. Especially when the reason you're reviving someone is because they pushed the enemy team that you have been softening up, so your teammate gains a fast kill and gets knocked down in the process.

Mista

Banned
If you have the location set to Belgium, you get crafting materials instead of loot boxes. A legendary crate is 800 for example.
This is interesting. Because there the lootboxes are considered gambling so they replaced it with crafting materials huh? Forgot about that

Tesseract

Banned
i took a little break from this, but now i'm back and ready to rise up with a full heart and bury my enemies in their own blood

apex predator will be mine before sunday

If you have the location set to Belgium, you get crafting materials instead of loot boxes. A legendary crate is 800 for example.

WTF THIS IS WAY BETTER

LOL amazing trick thanks

Respawn Entertainment announced a new tournament for Apex Legends today coming in September with 80 teams competing and a half million prize pool.

The studio will be hosting the Apex Legends Preseason Invitational in Krakov, Poland from Sept. 13-15. It is an invitation-only tournament with 80 teams picked by Respawn, and teams can only qualify for the tournament by registering through email and including an Origin ID.

The prize pool for the entire tournament is $500,000 with first place receiving $105,000, second place at $75,000, and third place at $60,000. There are 20 placements and an “Apex Predator” bonus of $8,000 for the player who earns the most eliminations during the finals.

excellent, signed up and expecting to make it unless they deliberately ignore top 100 player entries for w/e reason

Last edited:

PSYGN

I'm excited for it.... it's going to be a cluster with everyone shooting each other upon landing in the hot zones. But I think the immediate chaos will also make players spread out a little more so they won't die immediately. If that's the case, there should be a steadier stream of action in the lesser populated areas. I think Wraith and Pathfinder will be the dominating characters here, followed by Lifeline to better survive the fray in the beginning.

Last edited:

manfestival

I will do solos all day. ONly thing is that I imagine most people will just start running off and doing their own thing instead of playing as a team

Tesseract

Banned
I will do solos all day. ONly thing is that I imagine most people will just start running off and doing their own thing instead of playing as a team

hm? oh as a consequence of solos?

i actually think this might have the opposite effect, respawn seems aware of some of the team orientation issues

i think they need a 'let's stick together' ping that is super uniquely animated

Last edited:

Tesseract

Banned
Solos...meh. I would prefer duos or quads. Solos is lame.

i'm with ya, i'd prefer duos or quads

game doesn't seem particularly well built for solos but i might be wrong, we'll see which legend tops out

i personally think they should find a way to let people queue how they want, give or take away certain perks and such for different levels

Last edited:

manfestival

game doesn't seem particularly well built for solos but i might be wrong, we'll see which legend tops out

i personally think they should find a way to let people queue how they want, give or take away certain perks and such for different levels
Everyone is gonna be gunning for the worst legend in the game... OCTANE! GOTTA STEAL EVERYTHING BEFORE MY TEAMMATES CAN GET IT

Tesseract

Banned
if you had to give everyone a starting weapon, what would that be?

i've been thinking about melee weapons that decay after the first round, enough space that late drops or respawns have an equalizer

i feel like if i get you in melee range, and i have the guts to hit you, i should do more than 30 damage

Last edited:

waylo

Banned

Guessing they did it for all the nerds who have no friends and complained months ago, even though those people are likely already long gone.

If they don't want to add duo's, just give me the option to queue without a third then. I'll still play against other teams of three, but at least I don't have to have some random dumpster on my team who will take the purple armor and the Longbow and do fuck all with it.

Alx

Every time I unlock a new background image, my game crashes before I can start the next match. Never fails. :/

Mista

Banned
What the fuck at Wraith getting another skin. The favouritism of this character is a strange one.
Yeah, I always find it weird that she’s getting the better treatment among all the characters. She’s the face of the game or that’s what Respawn makes me think

But Mirage, Lifeline and Bloodhound are getting skins too btw

Boss Mog

What the fuck at Wraith getting another skin. The favouritism of this character is a strange one.
Seriously. She had a legendary skin in the last LTE, why the fuck is she getting one again in this one?

She was my main when the game first launched, but I've moved on. Caustic and Mirage now mainly.

As far as weapons we were talking about earlier, my priority has now shifted to getting a Longbow. It has become my favorite gun because you can drop guys from a distance pretty quick. Pair that with a complete Alternator or R-99 for close range and I'm set.

Cynn

Motivation for solos next week:

dgQxZDu.jpg

Top Bottom