• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apex Legends |OT| Have you seen Titanfall 3?

Boss Mog

i'm pretty sure those are apex predator legendary skins, the wraith is the only one in preview
There are no character skins as rewards in Ranked, even if you're Apex Predator tier. The rewards are listed when you look at the tier system within the game. I think it'll be like the Season 1 LTE where some skins will be earned by completing event-specific challenges and some other skins will be exclusive to the store and need to be purchased during the event.

Tesseract

Banned
There are no character skins as rewards in Ranked, even if you're Apex Predator tier. The rewards are listed when you look at the tier system within the game. I think it'll be like the Season 1 LTE where some skins will be earned by completing event-specific challenges and some other skins will be exclusive to the store and need to be purchased during the event.

hm weird, i had heard additional player skins were being added for predators on top of weapon cosmetics and dive trails

the wraith skin looks like what you'd expect out of a predator skin, i'm happy to have it however i can get it

jadedm17

I have to say.... Nothing takes me out of a game mentally more than a teammate looting their own team's crate.... I don't care if I'm being revived or reviving someone else, but I'm GONE the moment you loot your own team. Complete lack of class.

Tesseract

Banned
I have to say.... Nothing takes me out of a game mentally more than a teammate looting their own team's crate.... I don't care if I'm being revived or reviving someone else, but I'm GONE the moment you loot your own team. Complete lack of class.

here's the thing

if you get knocked and thirsted and i have to take some of your loot, i will

it's a matter of survival, you can reup and request stuff with pings once i got you respawned

the goal is to win the match, not to have the best loot, not to have the most kills or damage, it's to be the champion squad

(if you mean they revive you and loot your shit after yeah that's a problem, i've only seen it done a handful of times over 800 hours of play time)

Last edited:

jadedm17

here's the thing

if you get knocked and thirsted and i have to take some of your loot, i will

it's a matter of survival, you can reup and request stuff with pings once i got you respawned

the goal is to win the match, not to have the best loot, not to have the most kills or damage, it's to be the champion squad

(if you mean they revive you and loot your shit after yeah that's a problem, i've only seen it done a handful of times over 800 hours of play time)

(Something broke, I cant direct quote you.)

Yes, well said, I should have better said I was speaking NON-EMERGENCY situations.

By all means, at the start of a round or a storm is coming.... If the situation deems it then take my loot, the name of the game is to live.

My attitude is towards situations we're clearly safe for several minutes, even by the least observant of players; One in particular was very early game they took only my gold backpack as I respawned. The issue is further made frustrating by the fact I'm a simple man (take my gold whatever, blue shield and basic longbow im ready for war) and don't care if they have it but hate the mentality of taking things from your own teammate.

Its simple : Care for me, I care for you..... Steal my shit (dont care) and my brain shuts off, I just jumped off a cliff when that happened earlier today.

Shmunter

(Something broke, I cant direct quote you.)

Yes, well said, I should have better said I was speaking NON-EMERGENCY situations.

By all means, at the start of a round or a storm is coming.... If the situation deems it then take my loot, the name of the game is to live.

My attitude is towards situations we're clearly safe for several minutes, even by the least observant of players; One in particular was very early game they took only my gold backpack as I respawned. The issue is further made frustrating by the fact I'm a simple man (take my gold whatever, blue shield and basic longbow im ready for war) and don't care if they have it but hate the mentality of taking things from your own teammate.

Its simple : Care for me, I care for you..... Steal my shit (dont care) and my brain shuts off, I just jumped off a cliff when that happened earlier today.
Suicide is never the answer. Unless you’re Jeffery Epstein, then it solves a lot of issues for many people.

Last edited:

Mista

Banned
I don’t mind that if they picked my banner and can’t revive me anywhere near. Tears throws me off is when I’m down but they loot the squad we wiped instead of reviving me

Boss Mog

Yeah, I agree. I can condone it when there's no chance the player will be able to come back to his box when he's revived, but I've seen assholes loot teammate boxes right next to a respawn beacon.

Another thing that pisses me off big time is people that loot right next to you and rush to pick stuff up before you do when there's tons of other spaces to loot in the area you're in. Don't fucking loot the same house as me when there's like 5 other unlooted houses in the area.

Last edited:

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
I try to avoid snatching your shit but if it's too late for you to be revived or it's too far away and the ring is coming in then yeah, I'm taking what I want.

Tesseract

Banned
i think your reasoning is flawed

until i can get you respawned a third party could be around any corner, i've played enough to know there's no safety after a fire fight

there's little sense in letting your pack go to waste along the way

so yes i'll take your stuff and if you 'jump off a cliff' i'll report you ~ btw people third party all the time in br, if i go straight for the revive there's high odds your shit will be stolen by another team before we get back, this is putting aside the fact that respawns are basically 'come fuck us up' beacons for aggressive players (like me)

we gotta start fresh and all your golds are gone? nah dawg, just take my hand me down blue or purple back i traded for yours and accept i'm the alpha dog of the group

Last edited:

Alx

I wish the teammate death box were highlighted to differentiate them from regular ones. Yesterday while a teammate was reviving a fallen comrade, I stayed behind to loot the many boxes caused by our fight, and I only realized too late that I was looting our comrade's box. I quickly dropped on the floor all the stuff that I thought was his, but the other guys were not happy when they came back and kept punching me. :(

psn

I wish the teammate death box were highlighted to differentiate them from regular ones. Yesterday while a teammate was reviving a fallen comrade, I stayed behind to loot the many boxes caused by our fight, and I only realized too late that I was looting our comrade's box. I quickly dropped on the floor all the stuff that I thought was his, but the other guys were not happy when they came back and kept punching me. :(
Their Nick is on the box though.

jadedm17

I'm fine with situational decision making - even if I don't agree 100%; My issue are clearly safe situations and greedy people : Early game on the far outside of the zone, mid game near the edge of the zone, anywhere you're far up or have clear choke points..... Situations where even the n00best of n00bs know they're safe but the priority is "What can I get to benefit me?" over "Hey lets win this, whats the next step to win.... Oh support my team cool"

@BossMog (WHY CANT I QUOTE PEOPLE IS IT GLITCHED OR IS IT ME!?!?)

Okay, new favorite peeve : LOOTING before HEALING. Watched a full team of three all near death after killing me racing to loot me.... They died about 7 seconds later. Why? They were near death. It was funny because they were really exposed outside bunker and not one thought to hide and heal first.

I personally can't wrap my head around that mentality : Blue backpack, blue shield, stock longbow or triple take and im ready for most situations, nothing in the game is gonna entice me enough to risk my life to get.

Last edited:

Tesseract

Banned
yeah looting before healing is fucked, sorry bro

i think something needs to be done with loot crates, maybe let us uppercut them 100 meters before they get locked

Last edited:
That's my experience a lot of the time. By no stretch of the imagination am I a great gamer, but I've ran into far too many situations where it seems that the opponent is packing some magic Apex BFG. It's almost like I don't even have armor.

Mista

Banned
That's my experience a lot of the time. By no stretch of the imagination am I a great gamer, but I've ran into far too many situations where it seems that the opponent is packing some magic Apex BFG. It's almost like I don't even have armor.
It doesn’t make any sense breaking a fully charged purple armour and draining my whole health in one magazine...

Skyr

Just won my first solo after getting destroyed at spawn the first 5 games.
As of yet I don’t like solos. I can see why they didn’t include them from the start. Game isn’t designed for it.

Mista

Banned
Damn solo is fun! The loot is insane too! Just won back to back matches with everything gold except guns

I’m enjoying the experience so far

Mista

Banned
The monetisation that’s happening during the event is disgusting. The 24 new items costs $154 + $35 just to unlock Bloodhounds heirloom. Are they even fucking serious? Okay it’s a F2P game, we get it. But what’s currently happening is beyond pathetic

Boss Mog

Gotta say I hate Solos so far. 9 times out of 10 I die to a camper hiding just waiting for me to run by. This was never an issue in Fortnite or Blackout. I think it's because the map is far less open in Apex, with a lot more spots to lie in ambush.

Skyr

Gotta say I hate Solos so far. 9 times out of 10 I die to a camper hiding just waiting for me to run by. This was never an issue in Fortnite or Blackout. I think it's because the map is far less open in Apex, with a lot more spots to lie in ambush.
Ye bushes are your friend :D

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
Played three games. Got smoked the first two times when I was listening to music, tried hard to get the top 5 challenge out the way and ended up winning as Octane.

Solos DEFINITELY is not designed around this game. Dunno why dumbies wanted a solo so much. It's okay as a side piece to keep.

Bought three packs of the Iron Crown loot boxes and got the skin for Bloodhound and Wraith, two characters I don't fuck with. Would have liked the Wattson and Lifeline one but you know how it be.

Last edited:

Tesseract

Banned
fucking love solos, hope it's here to say

had a few wins just now, last game was a chaotic mess in the last ring

the new event items are super nice but probably 2x more expensive than they need be, just feels greedy on ea's part and tbh i feel like all these skins should be tied to ranked predator or diamond to encourage more people in the pool but what do i know

Last edited:

Alx

I think solo isn't for me. No pinging, no reviving, no debate on where to land, ... it's just simple shooting. Also whenever you engage someone, you know that you'll probably be backstabbed by another player attracted by your fight. I don't even know how possible it is to loot a death box of someone you killed, yesterday I could scare away some guy from the yellow box he earned just by tossing a grenade from afar.

Tesseract

Banned
actually i'm pretty pissed about this event collection, it's greedy gambling garbage with absolutely excessive prices

you fucked up, respawn

Last edited:

Javthusiast

Banned
Only a two week event for solo mode and absolute garbage monetization by EA.

Yeah, no thanks. Won't even bother downloading Apex again.

Hellgardia

It is kind of a mixed bag for me this solo event. I like the chance to play on my own whenever i feel like it but it does reward more the "camping in a house waiting for someone to waltz in" style instead of an agressive play style.

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
actually i'm pretty pissed by this event collection, it's greedy gambling garbage with absolutely excessive prices

you fucked up, respawn
The free packs are Epic only too I think. I bought 3 packs but am I fuck buying anymore. EA knows they'll get the money from the YouTube and Stream community. Also saw someone get the Bloodhound heirloom.

Boss Mog

The free packs are Epic only too I think.
I seriously doubt that.

The event is terrible though. 700 credits for one pack, fuck off Respawn. if they were 100 I would've probably gotten like 20 bucks outta me, but no way am I spending 7 bucks on one pack. It's a limited time event too so that 20 bucks you're not getting from me is 20 bucks you'll never get from me. It's completely stupid to over charge for a limted time event like this. I really like the game and would've gladly spent 20 bucks to get most of the collection and I'm somebody that rarely spends money on F2P games.

Alx

I'm completely rubbish tonight, can't even unlock the daily challenges. Also I don't think it's even worth trying to unlock the event-based rewards.
At least I won't regret much missing half of it because of my holidays. :D

PSYGN

I really enjoy solo mode so far. Feels easier to rack up kills compared to the regular mode. Most campers so far suck if you have good movement and aim and you can shoot them through the cracks of the roof and whatnot. I think getting the 20 kill badge will be way more doable in this mode.

Last edited:

Boss Mog

Now I manage to get Top 5 in solos almost everytime and have won a couple but I can't say the stealth gameplay is very fun, but it's really the only way unless you're some kind of god.

Bloodhound is boss if you make it to the end. Her scan tells you where the people are and you can pop his ultimate and be super fast and see where people go.

Last edited:

Skyr

I’m badly addicted to this game right now.
It’s like I want to sneak in 2-3 games in between and then end up playing it for 6h
Ranked mode did it’s part there.

Top Bottom