• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apex Legends |OT| Have you seen Titanfall 3?

Mista

Banned
Respawn developers and community managers doing a masterful job over on Reddit making their entire team look like complete jerkoffs. So far the playerbase has been called dicks, asshats, and freeloaders.

Attention developers, publishers, PR teams, whoever. This is how you burn whatever goodwill you have built with your players. If you want to completely alienate them, take note.
Respawn needs to take action against those cunts. You can’t handle criticism? Don’t make such a garbage monetisation ever again and people won’t go hard on you.

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
Came 1st with Caustic on solos. Had to kill two extremely good players and 5 more people in total to get the win. I had to try HARD. Also had to go into a round 4 zone and use the cord to fly onto the cliff by slum lakes to get the high ground for the win.

Got my "Nothing ventured, nothing gained" moment so I'm all good.

Cynn

Came 1st with Caustic on solos. Had to kill two extremely good players and 5 more people in total to get the win. I had to try HARD. Also had to go into a round 4 zone and use the cord to fly onto the cliff by slum lakes to get the high ground for the win.

Got my "Nothing ventured, nothing gained" moment so I'm all good.
I’m a Causitc main and yeah, you gotta think a bit more and play harder with him than your usual Pathfinders and Wraiths.

It’s so satisfying to win though.

Mista

Banned
Opened my second free pack and got what I wanted!

et0Si16.jpg

Last edited:
FAM! I think I ran out of luck until next year!
Nice haul. All I wanted from my two freebies was the Lifeline costume and maybe the Wattson one. I got the alternator skin and the one for the RE45. Can't in good conscience buy a skin for £15 though, bugger that.

Last edited:

Alx

I got the R99 model and the Bangalore outfit. I'm actually fine with that, the R99 was the only weapon content I liked (the peacemaker is ok too, but I already have a better skin for it), and I didn't have anything good looking for Bangalore.
The lifeline model looks great, but I'm starting to see it too often already. Also it doesn't match her cheerful comments.

Boss Mog

I got the Mirage skin and the Octane banner pose. You think I'd be happy to have gotten the costume of one of my mains, but I think that costume is not the best, his dreads look like dog turds. I would've preferred the Lifeline costume even though I don't use her much.

Cynn

I honestly like it. My main (Mirage) skin is dogshit and of course Wraith gets everything nice in this game. We get it Respawn...
It’s not THAT bad. Pirates are cool. As a Caustic main I got the most lucky with a killer skin that was easy to get. Lifeline got the coolest one though. I’ll never change it.

Mista

Banned
It’s not THAT bad. Pirates are cool. As a Caustic main I got the most lucky with a killer skin that was easy to get. Lifeline got the coolest one though. I’ll never change it.
The dreads ruins it for me. Don’t mind the eye patch at all

Yeah I got my Lifeline skin set forever unless they make a nicer one

It’s a fucking hideous challenge anyways man..
Its my own fault, I only started paying attention to that one on Friday last week when I was at about 43. Played a good bit over the weekend and the bank Holiday but real life cuts into my gaming time more these days. If I was off work today I'm confident I could have done it but hey ho.

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
It’s a fucking hideous challenge anyways man..
I tried grinding for it and got to 93 and thought "Nah. Fuck it."

In my second free pack I got Mirage Sparrow which I didn't want at all but it's a skin.

Nearly maxed out the season pass. Unless they drop Crypto this season I think I'm done until October aside from casual weekend sessions.

Tesseract

Banned
would you want a night map?

what kinda lighting changes would you want out of such a map, what about skybox changes

how would you feel if the skybox was increasingly overstuffed with complex moving structures?

Last edited:

PSYGN

I don't know why they don't have kills this season as a stat tracker. Seems like stat trackers and general stat trackers would be easy to do, I guess not?

Last edited:

Boss Mog

Got 110 today. I feel like they should give people a reason to keep leveling up beyond 110, like give us 20 crafting crystals per level or something. There's zero incentive to do challenges now.

Mista

Banned
Got 110 today. I feel like they should give people a reason to keep leveling up beyond 110, like give us 20 crafting crystals per level or something. There's zero incentive to do challenges now.
Just play for fun then. Fuck around and all that

I’ll give you a challenge. Go win a game while having RE45 with disruptor and Mozambique with Hammer

You’ll see how fun it is later on

Everything is fucking Wraith. All the good shit is for her
Typical. She's about the only character I don't play. Oh well, hope we get a decent Mirage skin out of it somehow. I've started to warm up to him recently. Even though he looks like a big Welsh dude I used to work with.

Mista

Banned
Typical. She's about the only character I don't play. Oh well, hope we get a decent Mirage skin out of it somehow. I've started to warm up to him recently. Even though he looks like a big Welsh dude I used to work with.
I don’t play her too. Mirage is my main, I’d love if they give him something decent instead of those hideous dreads

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
I think I liked Crypto's concept art more, he looked more grimy like a Science Fiction wanderer. The new one is good but he's a bit too CyberPunk 2077 for my liking.

Boss Mog

Holy shit, I just discovered the Spitfire with the 3x scope and it is godly. The steady rate of fire of the Spitfire means it is super stable while ADSing with the 3x (as long as you have decent stock and barrel mod of course). For mid to long range it drops people quick and you can clearly aim for their heads.

manfestival

Holy shit, I just discovered the Spitfire with the 3x scope and it is godly. The steady rate of fire of the Spitfire means it is super stable while ADSing with the 3x (as long as you have decent stock and barrel mod of course). For mid to long range it drops people quick and you can clearly aim for their heads.
This has always been my go-to in the game. I know people are getting on board the r99 cause of disruptor rounds lately too but I have been a fan of that as well for a hot minute

Top Bottom