• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apex Legends |OT| Have you seen Titanfall 3?

Tesseract

Banned
there's three vaults, they're all in the narrows

gonna take a nap with the woman, should be on in a few hours to murder

Last edited:

Mista

Banned
can i just say, camping outside a vault behind cover is probably the funniest thing you can do right now

please take a few games to try this, pirate life is the best
Did that with Caustic. Was hiding in the upper area that has bins and when they opened the vault I threw my ult and canisters. Watching them panicking and then dropping down one by one got to be one of the best satisfying moments in the game

A beam rifle nerf is en route. No details of what the nerf is going to be yet though. Hoping for lowered damage and shorter beam duration. I think a full beam hit currently does 90 or so. Drop it to 65 or 70 tops and I think it will be fine.

Mista

Banned
A beam rifle nerf is en route. No details of what the nerf is going to be yet though. Hoping for lowered damage and shorter beam duration. I think a full beam hit currently does 90 or so. Drop it to 65 or 70 tops and I think it will be fine.
I don’t think it needs a nerf to begin with. The gun is useless in closed places without a clear open sight + the reload takes time. So I don’t understand why everyone is complaining

Last edited:
I don’t think it needs a nerf to begin with. The gun is useless in closed places without a clear open sight + the reload takes time. So I don’t understand why everyone is complaining
Hip firing at close range with it is entirely viable if your aim is good. Mine isn't, so I steer clear of it in closed space but I've seen PC players wreck with it at all ranges. Maybe if they just remove its ability to take extended mags and leave the damage where it is, it might curb the complaints. I dunno. What I do know is, its annoying as fuck getting lasered from half the map away because there's no bullet drop on it.

They can leave damage rating alone, but yeah, the distance thing is pretty messed up. It also seems like it does peripheral/splash damage, although that may be related to lag compensation. Either way, laser precision at high damage with no penalty for distance in combination with a large damage area has made for some pretty annoying fights.

Boss Mog

The Charge Rifle is fine, the only adjustment they need to make is to make it cost 10 energy ammo to fire a shot (with the magazine sizes multiplied by 10 obviously), that way people will have to be more picky about their shots and when to use them instead of constantly firing it at anything they see in the distance.

The issue with changing the charge that will be difficult is that it's a sniper rifle. You should be able to knock someone with it. I think it should be taken down damage wise until it takes 3 rounds to knock someone if you land all the shots. You can't knock someone with a shield with it I don't think, it takes 2 hits at least. The issue is that it's screwing people up that are in a fight, they get 3rd partied by someone with a charge rifle who can dictate the fight with little risk. It's fairly easy to sit up on the ridge and 3rd party people in the city and wipe multiple squads without having to move. The reason is that those people can't get cover while being engaged with another team. Otherwise it's really weak and easy to get away from if you're not in a fight.

I think we either see a cooldown put on each round, to allow the enemy to get cover or move between shots easier, or a damage nerf. I don't agree with either, because I love the thing.

Last edited:
I think we either see a cooldown put on each round, to allow the enemy to get cover or move between shots easier, or a damage nerf. I don't agree with either, because I love the thing.
A cooldown might not be a bad idea. They could maybe make it like the beam rifle from Halo 2 where if you fire too many shots in quick succession, the gun overheats and there'll be a short animation involved before being able to fire again.

jadedm17

WHY IS EVERYONE SO DUMB TODAY....
.... oh right Fortnite is down.

I get you're new to this Battle Royale but maybe don't stay glued to me while we loot?
There's 8 buildings here, why are you following me from the same building to the same building? Ugh

AND GET A SHIELD ITS BEEN THREE MINUTES, THERES ON RIGHT THERE

Maybe Youtube the basics instead of going blind? Eh

Last edited:

Tesseract

Banned
Was that you that donated 40 twitch subs in Viss' stream after he got a 20 kill 4000 damage game?

giphy.gif

can i just say, camping outside a vault behind cover is probably the funniest thing you can do right now

please take a few games to try this, pirate life is the best

I run wattson and my teammate runs caustic, stalked a team who opened a vault, threw my fence in front of the door so they couldn't get out without getting shocked, caustic threw in ult and canisters, third teammate threw in an ungodly amount of grenades and thermites...hilarity ensued.

Tesseract

Banned
shadowfall is so good, pay attention to your indicators and use whatever elevation you can find to surprise the enemy

slip and slide like a psycho maniac

Woo-Fu

Banned
Shadowfall is a lot of fun, just spent 3-4 hours playing it. Finally got Octane to the LZ in one piece. If you land on the other side of the map from the LZ you can loot up just fine and then run it in once the rings get close, easy to get into the final 10 as a mobility legend. After that if there are 15 or less I find somebody and shadow them without killing them, then join up as soon as it hits 10.

Like the alternator and the tripletake for this.

Watching viss, if you have the flatline with anvil rounds it is 1-hit on shadows.

Last edited:

Alx

That ghost mode is really fun, and creative.
Some of the legend deaths really look like a zombie movie.

And of course you have those who manage to sneak in at the last second (it was my first game, didn't know that they "warped" into the ship when in the ring)

Woo-Fu

Banned
10-15 people quitting as soon as they die as legend because they don't want to play as shadow, ruining most of the matches already. Good job, sore losers.

Tesseract

Banned
the new halloween track is fucking excellent, terminator vibes all over the place

shadowfall is super relaxing tbh, really chill mode and it's cool that alliances form among surviving legends

Last edited:

Boss Mog

Do ghosts see Mirage when he's invisible? Been trying to decide the best legend to win as a legend. I'm thinking Pathfinder, Octane and Mirage if his invisibility works.

Tesseract

Banned
and my vacation officially ends today (few days early), life returns to normal

still around tho, probably gonna be in and outta shadowfall all day to some extent

godspeed all, squash dem loot crate critters

Last edited:
Top Bottom