• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apex Legends |OT| Have you seen Titanfall 3?

Boss Mog

Nah it's hype, now if you don't die you can win.
Exactly I got an easy win as the French girl. I wasn't even playing to win, just doing dailies with her, but there was only one shadow guarding the ring so obviously an easy win with 4 other legends nearby. Surprisingly there were actually quite a few shadows left but they didn't show up til after we were all in the ship. Works out for me, hello new Devotion skin, gonna give the Nitro Kustom a bit of a break.

Boss Mog

I won before they started quitting, back when it was you know, a challenge. I can see how a lot of modern gamers wouldn't like that. :lollipop_horns:
bc92f3a127962208c22dd74c7ceb78d90d70e92f22d3ea81f3c90360426351a1.jpg

Alx

I'm really bad at playing as a surviving legend. I tried to team up with some guy and he was helpful, but I always die being caught up by ghosts long before I reach the ship. I can't do the "look around while running" thing

Tesseract

Banned
I'm really bad at playing as a surviving legend. I tried to team up with some guy and he was helpful, but I always die being caught up by ghosts long before I reach the ship. I can't do the "look around while running" thing

use sliding momentum to look around

it's time to murder or sabotage whole servers full of people in shadowfall

there can be only one legend on my ship

Reactions: Alx

Boss Mog

I'm guessing you're not playing with headphones? You need to detect the shadows solely by sound and only stop running when you hear one to shoot it. While running, buildings and tight spaces might seem like a good idea to avoid detection but you're fucked if they find you, being sorta out in the open gives you a better chance of shooting them since you can see them coming from afar. Buildings and tight spaces are still great for hiding if you're close to the drop ship spot and waiting for it to arrive though.Try to follow the edge of the map as much as the ring allows, less directions to worry about and less likely to encounter peeps for the most part. Also there seems to be set spots for the drop ship so learn them and start making your way to the set spot that's in the ring even before there are 10 legends left. Use Mirage's invisibility, Pathfinder's zipline or Octanes jump pad at the end to make a dash for the drop ship, there's a circle of lights underneath the ship, all you need to do is get in that circle and you teleport into the ship Titanfall 2 style.

EDIT: Also toss a few grenades under the ship if you can before you make the final dash, it'll clear out some of the shadows guarding it

Last edited:

Tesseract

Banned
I thought they were following my suggestion and just increasing ammo used per shot and not touching damage. Is that not the case, did they nerf damage?

ammo per shot, mag size, and damage fall off are all in

i'm not sweating it much, was overpowered as fuck (there was basically no reason to grab a kraber if you had a stocked charge)

Last edited:

Boss Mog

The flatline has been my go-to gun as of late, I've been dropping fools like crazy with it. It seems way more accurate from range in full-auto than it used to be. With the Anvil hop-up the thing becomes ridiculous at medium range. Like having a Longbow with a rapid fire mode, peeps drop like flies.

Tesseract

Banned
The flatline has been my go-to gun as of late, I've been dropping fools like crazy with it. It seems way more accurate from range in full-auto than it used to be. With the Anvil hop-up the thing becomes ridiculous at medium range. Like having a Longbow with a rapid fire mode, peeps drop like flies.

same, it's in a really good place right now

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
Played a few. Won a game with Crypto, pretty much solo'd a full gear squad in the vault. Got the jump on them.

Killing yourself and hunting other Legends is pretty fun from the start of this Halloween game mode.

near

Gold Member
So the charge rifle nerf is just an ammo count reduction. Either Respawn is trolling or they actually have no idea how bad the charge rifle is for the game.

Javthusiast

Banned
Why can't they make solo mode available all the time. I am tired of 3 people teams. Turned around while dropping for a sec, one dude broke off in an entirely different direction, the other guy who was jumpmaster flew himself and me outside of the map and killed us both on purpose.

Next match, one player simply dropped out of the game within 2 minutes.

-Arcadia-

Banned
Why can't they make solo mode available all the time. I am tired of 3 people teams. Turned around while dropping for a sec, one dude broke off in an entirely different direction, the other guy who was jumpmaster flew himself and me outside of the map and killed us both on purpose.

I think they’re heading that direction, kind of putting out their feelers.

I totally relate, though. Playing online with randoms in any game will leave you with a realistic, diminished impression of humanity. Like, how hard is it to be decent, and not be stupid? I understand mistakes, and have made a few, but these people...

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
Did it always take 5 business days to reload the charge rifle? I haven't touched it in like a week or so before this new patch, I like the slower burn more to fire but the reload time is PAINFUL.

Boss Mog

So the charge rifle nerf is just an ammo count reduction. Either Respawn is trolling or they actually have no idea how bad the charge rifle is for the game.
The charge rifle is fine for the game, I constantly win without using it against people who are using it. There's drop off damage reduction too now. I think 3 ammo still isn't enough though, it should be 10 ammo a shot.

The whole game is designed around having a team and not for solos. I think the Solo LTMs are a fun distraction but I wouldn't want them to become the main attraction. Play ranked, you'll get less idiots, but even playing regular, like 80% of the time the teammates I get are fine. Yesterday I had a daily: "play 1 game as Bloodhound", so I launch a game and there's only 2 of us, and the other guy is a total newb level 25 with 3 kills, but I figured why not, If I lose quick the challenge will be done and I can move on, but we actually ended up winning the match so you can never tell how things are going to go down based on your teammates' banners. I've also been paired with guys with 5000+ kills and ended up losing right after landing.

Alx

Yeah playing with randoms is quite fun and is actually coherent with the concept of the game. Get random teammates just like you get random loot, sometimes they're bad, sometimes they're great. The only ones that really annoy me are early quitters, but they're quite rare everything considered.

Tesseract

Banned
no footstep issues here that i've noticed, will try to pay closer attention to games this morning and report back

i have noticed some sound issues around train stops

Last edited:

Tesseract

Banned
didn't notice much footstep dampening, will keep my ear open tho

i'm kinda salty that my primary account still doesn't have the wraith heirloom

Alx

I won my first game with Crypto yesterday. When everything clicks with your team, it really feels great, pointing targets and supporting them from afar (the difficult part is knowing when to leave your hideout and go help your teammates shooting opponents). In the end I had 2-3 opposing teams under drone control as they were slaughtering each other, while my teammates were positioning themselves waiting for an opportunity to finish off the survivors. I even got the last kill. ^^
But when it doesn't click, like in previous games, you get trash-talked by your own teammates for not dealing as much damage as they did (dude, sure you got 10 frags and I got none, but all your targets were conveniently highlighted in bright orange the whole time).

Mista

Banned
I’m having a love/hate relationship with the new map. I still prefer KC but can’t deny that I’m having fun in the new map too.

Anybody else not liking the new map? Even though I put hundreds of hours into Kings Canyon, I never got tired of it.
Also I heavily dislike the addition of two giant cities. They encourage camping and slow down the fast pace of the game. Verticality also heavily benefits Pathfinder (Even more than already).
Skull Town was great in the sense that people couldn't really camp there compared to these huge multi storied buildings. This is some Tilted Towers shit and I don't want to play fucking Fortnite in Apex.

I just don't have the patience to deal with this and teammates rn and might return to the game when real solos are back. Event is gimmicky and not fun after a few hours.

Sorry, I am probably just burnt out after putting an insane amout of time into S1 and a decent amount in S2. New season is not doing it for me, not even buying the battle pass.

Oh before I forget: Good Cryptos turn the game into complete cancer, especially ranked

Brink back Kings Canyon solos and the OG Wingman :messenger_beaming:

Last edited:

Tesseract

Banned
Anybody else not liking the new map? Even though I put hundreds of hours into Kings Canyon, I never got tired of it.
Also I heavily dislike the addition of two giant cities. They encourage camping and slow down the fast pace of the game. Verticality also heavily benefits Pathfinder (Even more than already).
Skull Town was great in the sense that people couldn't really camp there compared to these huge multi storied buildings. This is some Tilted Towers shit and I don't want to play fucking Fortnite in Apex.

I just don't have the patience to deal with this and teammates rn and might return to the game when real solos are back. Event is gimmicky and not fun after a few hours.

Sorry, I am probably just burnt out after putting an insane amout of time into S1 and a decent amount in S2. New season is not doing it for me, not even buying the battle pass.

Oh before I forget: Good Cryptos turn the game into complete cancer, especially ranked

Brink back Kings Canyon solos and the OG Wingman :messenger_beaming:

respectfully disagree, camping was worse in king's canyon as was the general pace of the game (especially in ranked)

path's vertical advantage has been sorta obliterated here since only a handful of multis have an accessible roof

the multis are easily ransacked with a few nades and most of the time the ring forces people outta capitol after the first round

og wing was too powerful (i personally loved it but you don't want a portable bow with 10 shots that cracks head shots like that)

Last edited:
respectfully disagree, camping was worse in king's canyon as was the general pace of the game (especially in ranked)

path's vertical advantage has been sorta obliterated here since only a handful of multis have an accessible roof

the multis are easily ransacked with a few nades and most of the time the ring forces people outta capitol after the first round

og wing was too powerful (i personally loved it but you don't want a portable bow with 10 shots that cracks head shots like that)

I mean, it's not just about roofs, Path still has an advantage while traversing different floors. But Pathfinder has been the best legend in the game ever since his original hitbox got removed, so there's that.
His season 3 nerfs were very minor.

I just hate the gameplay in the big buildings and don't think this map is very memorable. Trains are also poo IMO.

Camping in ranked is normal and I don't think there is that much of a difference there between the two maps.

Again, this might just be me being burned out on the game in general. I wasn't completely serious about wingman because the original was definitely too strong. Remember that it basically got three different nerfs over time. Magazine size nerf was too harsh though I think.

Last edited:

Tesseract

Banned
I mean, it's not just about roofs, Path still has an advantage while traversing different floors. But Pathfinder has been the best legend in the game ever since his original hitbox got removed, so there's that.
His season 3 nerfs were very minor.

I just hate the gameplay in the big buildings and don't think this map is very memorable. Trains are also poo IMO.

Camping in ranked is normal and I don't think there is that much of a difference there between the two maps.

Again, this might just be me being burned out on the game in general. I wasn't completely serious about wingman because the original was definitely too strong. Remember that it basically got three different nerfs over time. Magazine size nerf was too harsh though I think.

fair enough, we can respectfully disagree

path's grapple velocity nerf doesn't seem sufficient, i think he needs 10%+ damage on his hitbox

king's canyon is being reworked, and there's a smaller map in the burner as well

Last edited:
fair enough, we can respectfully disagree

path's grapple velocity nerf doesn't seem sufficient, i think he needs 10%+ damage on his hitbox

king's canyon is being reworked, and there's a smaller map in the burner as well

Yeah, grapple velocity change was weird. Why not do a bit more cooldown instead? His grapple is effectively better than Octane's ult and comparably has no cooldown.
Sure, jump pads can also be used to team mates... But also by other squads. Octane is fun but he just sucks, especially in ranked. Path can run away better than Octane without losing fucking health.

Tesseract

Banned
Yeah, grapple velocity change was weird. Why not do a bit more cooldown instead? His grapple is effectively better than Octane's ult and comparably has no cooldown.
Sure, jump pads can also be used to team mates... But also by other squads. Octane is fun but he just sucks, especially in ranked. Path can run away better than Octane without losing fucking health.

to be fair i don't think i've ever lost a 1v1 against a finder when i'm octane

you'll literally run circles around him

getting away from him is a different story, i think they gotta give octane a double jump or wall run

to be fair i don't think i've ever lost a 1v1 against a finder when i'm octane

you'll literally run circles around him

getting away from him is a different story, i think they gotta give octane a double jump or wall run

Does the speed buff increase strafing speed? I'm not even sure.

Tesseract

Banned
Does the speed buff increase strafing speed? I'm not even sure.

not to my knowledge, i wasn't being literal

i'd like to see octane buffed quite a bit, he should be the ultimate athletic legend

grenade hops, bunny hopping, double jumping, wall running, these things would give him a leg up over opponents

the code is already there for these things

Last edited:

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
The train is fire. Especially when you jump on it to outrun the zone coming in. New map is better for lack of stupid cliff sides people can camp too, King's Canyon was FULL of that.

So... Any chance in the future more finishers might come out for existing characters since a bunch have three and the more recent characters have two?

not to my knowledge, i wasn't being literal

i'd like to see octane buffed quite a bit, he should be the ultimate athletic legend

grenade hops, bunny hopping, double jumping, wall running, these things would give him a leg up over opponents

the code is already there for these things

Yup, I love everything about Octane but he needs tweaking. I would just reduce health penalty and increase recharge rate a bit. Maybe even increase run speed slightly. Also remove that loud ass sound that easily gives away his position while speed boosting.

Jump pads either need some kind of fundamental change or just reduce cooldown a bit if all the other changes are implemented.

Last edited:
Top Bottom