• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apex Legends |OT| Have you seen Titanfall 3?

Blade2.0

Can add me up. I'm trying to do ranked this time. I got to gold IV with randoms but it sucks massively. Sometimes get shit tier randoms and sometimes get great ones but I want consistency. BladeofImmortal on PSN. I got it on PC too but barely play there.

I going to try and make it to diamond with randoms. It's fairly frustrating, but I think it's doable with so many days left. The penalty for having terrible teammates in platinum is going to make it a lot more difficult. It's a tough choice to follow randoms into near certain death or go separate knowing the odds are stacked I can't make it past the final 3 alone.

Got a goddamn heroic win with two randoms. Felt good.

Which left me with a rather seasonal kill count.

MCsYKC1.jpg

Tesseract

Banned
going full throttle randoms from now until midnight

IF YOUR MAGS AREN'T EMPTY, YOU ARE FUCKING UP MY SQUAD

Last edited:

Tesseract

Banned
work out finished, coffee brewed, b12 injected into my buttocks

pathfinder randoms engaged

imagine thinking yer gonna run away from me

Last edited:

TeamGhobad

Banned
teh game needs a quick mode. we spawn in random locations with tier 1 guns and go. the whole process of going to the meny system hitting play then going into the selection screen then jumping down it just takes waaay too long.

Alx

teh game needs a quick mode. we spawn in random locations with tier 1 guns and go. the whole process of going to the meny system hitting play then going into the selection screen then jumping down it just takes waaay too long.

Nah, suggesting drop locations and checking for other teams trajectories is part of the fun.
Maybe we could have an option to speed up the character selection when we're really sure of our pick, but that wouldn't change much in the end.

TeamGhobad

Banned
Nah, suggesting drop locations and checking for other teams trajectories is part of the fun.
Maybe we could have an option to speed up the character selection when we're really sure of our pick, but that wouldn't change much in the end.

the character selection is masking the map loading. thats why its so slow. hopefully with these new ssd's we can fast track that.

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
Thinking about how Respawn wanted a long range meta and they've nerfed the Charge Rifle into oblivion. Lowkey though it is bullshit, if you get hit once with it standing still it's the same effects of Cell getting Father-Son Kamehameha'd.

Tesseract

Banned
charge is tough because it was never meant for infantry, was originally a titan killer after all

i remember thinking it was a bad idea in the first place, but that ship has sailed now that people are bought into skins

the big issue the game has right now imo is a lack of optics, it's crippling aggressive performance when you cannot get a level 1 drop in a hot zone

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
Use Wattson for my session and don't get a win, play Lifeline once and get a win. It be like that sometimes.

At first I didn't like the From the Ashes skin but now I kinda fuck with it.

Tesseract

Banned
some stuff missing still

double jump

wall run

nade jumping and bunny hopping (why bother with a character like octane if you aren't going to commit)

jetpacks

i'm on the frontlines with some of this stuff, i understand why it was removed but we should be encouraging higher skill ceilings whenever possible

Last edited:

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
Honestly I think characters with mobility like that would probably be too much, I prefer the stripped back approach for Apex. I am looking forward to what Revenant brings to the game, I was so sure that Loba would be the S4 Legend.

-Arcadia-

Banned
Dropped into the new map for the first time yesterday, and I love it. An absolutely based drop leader landed us all on the train, which was the first thing I wanted to see, so that was awesome. A dynamic, moving PoI like that is such a fantastic, atypical idea, and probably so much fun for action moments.

I also really like the city, which is where our game ended. Other BRs have done cities, but not at a scale like this. With multiple teams occupying multiple buildings, the whole thing had a kind of kickass urban war zone feel to it.

Also, shoutout to the artists. Looking up at the volcano and sky was a genuine take-your-breath-away moment. I haven’t seen a ‘skybox’ (if that’s what this is) that gorgeous since the Bungie Halo games.

I think I heard a random almost cry last night, and it wasn't even my fault for a change.
We had what I thought was a pretty good team for a random set up, until one of our guys runs off and gets boxed. No biggie, figured we would just run towards the next respawn far from the ring edge... and then the other schmuck respawned the guy, just by the edge of the 4th ring, which had already started to close by the time he initiated the respawn.

I think I learned a few new swear words in some exotic language from the poor guy being respawned into certain doom lol.

Tesseract

Banned
yeah the wing is still absolutely nuts lols, dunno what to do with it except add more drop off

gonna play a few right now, been drinking a bit tonight tho so i expect things to go incredibly well or sour quickly

Last edited:
Looking for EU people to play ranked. Currently Gold planning to get Diamond. Was Platinum last season with randoms.
PC with mic.

yeah the wing is still absolutely nuts lols, dunno what to do with it except add more drop off

gonna play a few right now, been drinking a bit tonight tho so i expect things to go incredibly well or sour quickly

Hell no it already got nerfed enough and you need skill to use it. Enough weapons will out DPS it unless you hit perfect headshots.

Last edited:

Tesseract

Banned
Looking for EU people to play ranked. Currently Gold planning to get Diamond. Was Platinum last season with randoms.
PC with mic.

Hell no it already got nerfed enough and you need skill to use it. Enough weapons will out DPS it unless you hit perfect headshots.

i personally love it but it's a problem with cheaters on pc

a little drop for 200m shots seems acceptable, at that range you should be using a bow

Boss Mog

Looks like the new firing range is a go with the latest patch, so is duos LTM.

Adjustments to shotguns, snipers and the L-Star, their bullets now have a bit of width to them to make it easier to register a hit. Sounds pretty good, I get a shitload of low damage numbers with the peacekeeper even though I seem hit the enemy dead center from fairly close. I think they should've included the wingman in this, because I still regularly shoot blanks with it.

Looks like I won't be able to drop my armor to avoid Cryto's EMP anymore, it's sucks but it's completely understandable because it kind of made his super useless a lot of the time. Dropped armors will now be damaged.

Last edited:

Alx

The latest randoms I've played with have been terrible. No strategy, no ping, terrible selection of landing points and low fighting skills (not that I'm a marksman myself, but even by my standards they were quite poor).
I noticed that during character selection, you'll see all characters wearing the skins you selected for your own. It makes the loading smoother, but it's kind of boring now, character selection is the only time you can get a good look at all the different appearances. Now I feel like I'm playing with a team of myselves.

Last edited:

Tesseract

Banned
some LOD issues with world textures in this duos patch, other strange bugs

expect another update soon

*edit*

world textures are totally buggered, lod switch scale bias is all over the place

Last edited:

Boss Mog

So many glitches with this patch, some game-breaking ones. First off when your teammates pick their character, you see your equipped skin for that character, instead of theirs. In the game though, you see theirs. A ton of issues with the dropship. One time you could see all the characters underneath the ship pre-drop, instead of dropping from inside. Another time my friend says "weird, i heard a huge thump while the dropship was loading" turns out he was knocked down on the dropship because you can punch people while the drop ship loads and he was in the crawling position during the jump, he tried detaching and he just fell like a rock, it was funny. One thing that I came across that was potentially game-breaking was dealing 280 of continuous damage to a Wraith and her not dying somehow.

Hopefully another patch today to fix some of this shit. It's crazy that they could put out a patch with so many issues. I don't know if they have a test server but they should probably create one if they don't.

Last edited:

Alx

I have noticed that when resurrecting a teammate, you wouldn't always hear the dropship as it arrives. Makes the moment quite underwhelming.

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
Going from Bronze to Gold in Ranked wasn't difficult. Fuck me though Platinum I'm having a hard time on, won two games on it but still can't manage to come close to breaking out of Platinum IV. Also people get MEGA mad easy on there too.

Boss Mog

Managed to win 5 games in a row yesterday, a record for me, including one game where both my friends died upon landing and all I had was a P2020, and I managed to kill a guy and grab one of my friends' banners and run away, the two of us then went on to win that game. It was a fun time. The Flatline with the Anvil Receiver really is god-like, way better than the Charge Rifle imho. With the 3x view it drops fools so fast from a distance, they don't even have time to realize what's happening to them if you fire quickly enough and land a headshot or two.

Last edited:

Boss Mog

Going from Bronze to Gold in Ranked wasn't difficult. Fuck me though Platinum I'm having a hard time on, won two games on it but still can't manage to come close to breaking out of Platinum IV. Also people get MEGA mad easy on there too.
Yeah I stopped at Platinum IV as well even though I managed to win a few games. Playing with randoms you get so many retards that don't pick a good LZ which will result in -36 a lot of the time. Plus the game becomes way too campy at that point with like 10 teams left within a small circle, fuck that, not fun. What Respawn should have done was to increase the points from kills with each tier so that if you got 2 kills you'd be reimbursed no matter what tier you were on, it would reward more aggressive play in higher tiers where there's so much camping.

Last edited:

Mista

Banned
Did you notice how heavy the camping gets as you climb the ranks? It’s disgusting.

DonF

some LOD issues with world textures in this duos patch, other strange bugs

expect another update soon

*edit*

world textures are totally buggered, lod switch scale bias is all over the place
yes, the new patch introduced lots of bugs from what i've read.

Personally, I couldnt grab a kraber from a drop, I had to manually unequip my weapon to grab the kraber, then the kraber damage and kills I got didn't count towards the challenges I had.

I hope they can patch it up soon, maybe monday. I doubt they would push a patch on a friday, fuck it up and leave all the player with a borked game all weekend.

Top Bottom