• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apex Legends |OT| Have you seen Titanfall 3?

Season 4 win drought has been broken. My girl, Wattson doing work. Got one in standard on Tuesday and one in duos last night. Closing in on 1000 kills with her now too.
th

Yup, he’s an abrasive fucker.

LxMl1t1.jpg

This was me last night, made worse by my partner in crime being offline. Frustrating night.
Welcome to my world. I play 98% exclusively with randos. Sometimes it works out great but sometimes the way people play leaves me speechless. Two nights ago a guy on our team who already had a purple shield and helmet got a vault key and ran off into the storm about a quarter of the map away from me and the other random who were high tailing it to safety. He then died in the storm in a shocking turn of events and started spamming the revive me shit. All I could do was laugh.

Flintty

Welcome to my world. I play 98% exclusively with randos. Sometimes it works out great but sometimes the way people play leaves me speechless. Two nights ago a guy on our team who already had a purple shield and helmet got a vault key and ran off into the storm about a quarter of the map away from me and the other random who were high tailing it to safety. He then died in the storm in a shocking turn of events and started spamming the revive me shit. All I could do was laugh.

😂😂😂

I’m not a pro player and I do make silly mistakes from time to time but there is some really dumb shit going on, quite frequently. Some people think it’s smart to engage a sniper at range when all you’ve got are SMGs and are still fixing up after the last scuffle 🤷🏻‍♂️

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
When you gotta put you mic in and tell the dumb cunts on random queue what to do to get the win. 😔

Last two teams were fighting and I just threw down my ult as Wattson from up high and fortified the place. Easy win. Had to tell them to follow me.

😂😂😂

I’m not a pro player and I do make silly mistakes from time to time but there is some really dumb shit going on, quite frequently. Some people think it’s smart to engage a sniper at range when all you’ve got are SMGs and are still fixing up after the last scuffle 🤷🏻‍♂️

I'm no wizard myself, maybe a hair above average and make dumb decisions too (chasing wounded enemies into bad situations is my worst habit) but I try to watch my replays and learn from my mistakes. I forgot the kicker to the above story. The guy used text to speech to call us garbage team mates before he quit 😕

Flintty

Of course, it’s never their fault. You’re supposed to pre-empt their stup
I'm no wizard myself, maybe a hair above average and make dumb decisions too (chasing wounded enemies into bad situations is my worst habit) but I try to watch my replays and learn from my mistakes. I forgot the kicker to the above story. The guy used text to speech to call us garbage team mates before he quit 😕
idity and save them from themselves 😖

Yeah I’m a fan of looking at where I went wrong. My most common problem is panic aiming! I need to tell myself to cool it and concentrate.

Of course, it’s never their fault. You’re supposed to pre-empt their stup

idity and save them from themselves 😖

Yeah I’m a fan of looking at where I went wrong. My most common problem is panic aiming! I need to tell myself to cool it and concentrate.

That was my reason for switching back to ps4 from PC because I'm relatively new to mouse and keyboard so long range battles are fine but close range scuffles have me spazzing out, aiming at the ceiling, the ground, behind me and all over the shop. I should practice some more and try to switch again but on the other hand, all my cool costumes are on ps4.

PSYGN

I get offended that the game thinks these players with 0 awareness and forethought belong in my skill bracket on my team. They need a mercenary mode or hell, a solo mode, for those of us who are good at the game AND aren't always playing in a premade.

Last edited:

Mista

Banned
I get offended that the game thinks these players with 0 awareness and forethought belong in my skill bracket on my team. They need a mercenary mode or hell, a solo mode, for those of us who are good at the game AND aren't always playing in a premade.
I second that. Today I mostly played with randoms and none of them exceeded level 25 :/

I don’t care if those were smurf accounts, they were shit anyways. Remove the fucking SBMM if you can’t even implement it properly

I face squads with random players that are actually but me? Oh no no we’re teaming you with new players that you have to carry

And then I pray to god that anyone of them at least cracks a fucking shield!

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
Only thing damaging this game rn is skill based match making. I've stomped people better than me before but I can't deal with a full game of them.

I've came second place like three times today because my team were like... Casual players against Apex Preds or people with 100+ wins on Speed of Sound Sonic/Reddit Robot.

Tesseract

Banned
having to sweat normal is tough, it's basically whole servers filled with predator premades

sbmm will be tuned, but not removed since it keeps retention so high

gotta get it right

Last edited:

Flintty

Some tough games again last night with people dropping out, splitting up and all the usual crap.

This was a close win that shouldn’t have been. Me plus two randos. Our third man bailed early on and we both got downed throughout the game but stuck with each other. Final ring incoming and we’re blue (edit: purple) shields against gold with good range and I’m pretty drunk by this point. We closed the gap on them but I fell off the tower. Luckily one followed me.

Been trying to train myself out of the habit of ADS at close range and it worked this time 🤘🏻

Last edited:

Mista

Banned
Some tough games again last night with people dropping out, splitting up and all the usual crap.

This was a close win that shouldn’t have been. Me plus two randos. Our third man bailed early on and we both got downed throughout the game but stuck with each other. Final ring incoming and we’re blue shields against gold with good range and I’m pretty drunk by this point. We closed the gap on them but I fell off the tower. Luckily one followed me.

Been trying to train myself out of the habit of ADS at close range and it worked this time 🤘🏻

Well played! Hit me up with your GT if you don't mind mate

Hmm, knock on wood but I finally feel like this season is clicking with me. Not pulling any masterful number of kills or wins, but starting to get even performance at least. Also started playing Gibby every now and then.

The SBMM must be either broken or insanely hair tuned at this point though, it seems as if you can't have more than a few good rounds before the game throws you into the shark tank with players waaay above my skill level. And of course, total scrubs on my own team.

I legit lost a game for our team last night because I pulled an ADS close up when I had an R99 of all guns. The COD4 game is still too strong. :/

Last edited:

Flintty

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
Playing with people from different regions is troubling. I played with my friend in Japan for a while and the Japanese player base is so different. EVERYONE is aggressive and knows how to play the game. It was scary.

PSYGN

Playing with people from different regions is troubling. I played with my friend in Japan for a while and the Japanese player base is so different. EVERYONE is aggressive and knows how to play the game. It was scary.

Before SBMM everyone was so nice in Japan servers and were the farthest from aggressive. Teammates would play as teams and stick together and drop extra health and shield without you even asking, and that was like every match.

D

Deleted member 775630

Unconfirmed Member
Hmm, knock on wood but I finally feel like this season is clicking with me. Not pulling any masterful number of kills or wins, but starting to get even performance at least. Also started playing Gibby every now and then.
Got the same feeling, I'm doing better than Season 3. Still nothing to brag about, avg. dmg is 250 at the moment, so... I do play very defensive. Most of the time me and my team start somewhere where no one else is, so I can properly loot, and I always stay at the edge of the ring. So it's too be expected I don't get 600 dmg every game (I guess).

Last edited by a moderator:

Flintty

Just got a 10 kill win game with Caustic. Mastiff + R-99 is just easy victory if you don't choke too hard.

Damn... Those epic Apex moments coming flooding back into you. All them failures, all them brain dead team mates... They mean nothing in moments like these. 😈

Yeah those winning moments are hard to beat in gaming for me at the moment. It’s an incredible relieve when Champion pops up and you realise you did it

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
Revenant never had much staying power it seems. Unlike Crypto he has more use but people want Speed of Sound Sonic or Reddit Robot as a solo usage Legend. I've been seeing less of him since the first week. Anyone feel the same?

I'm not shitting on him, I know he is good but a lot of people think his Ultimate is an instant loss machine.

Mista

Banned
Revenant never had much staying power it seems. Unlike Crypto he has more use but people want Speed of Sound Sonic or Reddit Robot as a solo usage Legend. I've been seeing less of him since the first week. Anyone feel the same?

I'm not shitting on him, I know he is good but a lot of people think his Ultimate is an instant loss machine.
Glad there're lots of idiots out there so they don't pick him before me

His ult wins games

GreatnessRD

Not a huge fan of Revenant, but I guess he's ok. I'm just trying to get out of Platinum this season. Been stuck at that wall for the last two. Smh!

Mista

Banned
You actually know how to use him. 😇

His passive for sneaking is fucking amazing when used properly.
Oh hell yeah! The amount of times I crouched and went behind a squad that are already fighting

In my shadow form, crouched, 4 arc stars. I'll let you imagine the rest :D

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
I'm sorry... I changed my mind... I really love Caustic. It's so good to position the gas traps and fire them so people can't push. It's so good to gas your opponents with your ultimate then jumped into the poison cloud to heal. It's so good to freely run in and out of the deterrent you made for other Legends. Using gas traps as shields is also something I must tap into. It's all just so... magnificent.

This game needs another evil character after Loba, Respawn has a knack for giving them an edge without making them a "Heh, nothing personal kid." archetype.

Boss Mog

Console chads stay winning.
This is some bullshit if ever I heard some. The mouse is literally easy mode, just point and click, so easy to aim instantly, even at guys in the distance, takes zero skill. And regarding the recoil, I'd say its the complete opposite, when I watch PC players play I feel like they all have lasers. They dont even have to pull a trigger or deal with rumble.

Top Bottom